PDA

View Full Version : Good Chevy dealerships for service

Hallowed_point
03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Any recommendations? Prefer in the SW close to Chinook. I'm going to be taking my Chev in for service in the next month or so and would like to get some opinions. Any beyonders work in the service dept of any Chevy dealerships?

Graham_A_M
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I go to Jack Carter. I've been quite happy with them. They aren't too far from Chinook in DouglasDale business park as Im sure you know. :dunno:

No problems with anything... mind you I just get my oil changes there as I hate doing them myself, but when I did have to get some minor work done I've always been quite happy. Cafe there is great too, good food at a good price.

What do you need to have done?

Hallowed_point
03-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
I go to Jack Carter. I've been quite happy with them. They aren't too far from Chinook in DouglasDale business park as Im sure you know. :dunno:

No problems with anything... mind you I just get my oil changes there as I hate doing them myself, but when I did have to get some minor work done I've always been quite happy. Cafe there is great too, good food at a good price.

What do you need to have done?

Yeah I've heard good things about Jack Carter. I just need them for basic maintenance that isn't practical to do at my apartment. Fuel filter, coolant, machine discs etc. Thanks for the recommendation!! :thumbsup: Cafe is a bonus as well :drool:

Masked Bandit
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I've had reasonable luck with Southgate.

TomcoPDR
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
+1 for Jack Carter... Attempted just to check out Southgate's newly built facility just for the hack of it... Bonus I can see with Southgate is the location, you have the trains, and can also watch a movie or work out within feetsteps away of dropping your vehicle off.

Graham_A_M
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I've had reasonable luck with Southgate.

Personally I've had an ongoing shitshow with that place.... :thumbsdow

Too bad; they were so close to where I live but after a few fuck ups and serious mis-quotes that was it. :nut:
Id strongly recommend against them. I knew a few people that had similar experiences in as many that have been there.

bourge73
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Why bother taking an older car to the stealership for that basic stuff?" Go to like Speedy Muffler on 32nd or Garagebox, and save yourself the dealer prices... (assuming its your Camaro)

Hallowed_point
03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Why bother taking an older car to the stealership for that basic stuff?" Go to like Speedy Muffler on 32nd or Garagebox, and save yourself the dealer prices... (assuming its your Camaro)

I guess the main reason is that they would be more likely to have stuff in stock like oem fuel filters. Also, I need to get this done on a Saturday , not sure if those places are open. But your right, dealership rates suck! :nut:

Masked Bandit
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Personally I've had an ongoing shitshow with that place.... :thumbsdow

Too bad; they were so close to where I live but after a few fuck ups and serious mis-quotes that was it. :nut:
Id strongly recommend against them. I knew a few people that had similar experiences in as many that have been there.

Do tell...any specifics? I haven't needed any significant repairs in a long time, just regular maintenance stuff.

94boosted
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
+1 for Jack Carter have had a few visits there and every time I've left happy.

-1 for Southgate bought my car there took it in three times for different things and all three times left with a very unpleasant experience.

Hallowed_point
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
+1 for Jack Carter have had a few visits there and every time I've left happy.

-1 for Southgate bought my car there took it in three times for different things and all three times left with a very unpleasant experience.

Ok, thanks Jack Carter it is :D

Graham_A_M
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Do tell...any specifics? I haven't needed any significant repairs in a long time, just regular maintenance stuff.

I dont remember the details exactly. The last of those fiasco's were probably 5 years ago or more. Needless to say its left a very bad taste in my mouth that never went away in the least.

Basically, countless times they screwed up on a repair, so I take it back, and that "re-repair" was done even worse, that kept happening, over and over and over again. I remember a few weeks later the problem re-curred yet again. Finally I got on the phone with AMVIC & GM Canada, and they actually contacted Southgate to which the problem was finally fixed right. At least two or three times consecutively that happened (those times without AMVIC)... so after all that it was like.... Okay fuck Southgate, they can burn in hell. :whipped:

Its funny I was talking to a buddy over beers one day and he & one of his co-workers went through similar ordeals with them. :dunno:

If it happened once, and only once, okay... but considering you are the very first person I've ever heard of having a good experience with them; its hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Offroad
03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Any recommendations? Prefer in the SW close to Chinook. I'm going to be taking my Chev in for service in the next month or so and would like to get some opinions. Any beyonders work in the service dept of any Chevy dealerships?

Fellow Z28 Owner i'd recommend renting a bay with a hoist at U-Wrench It, our cars are stupid easy to work on. Get your Delco parts and fluids and save a bundle doing it yourself. Give me enough notice ill give you a hand and or show you anything you are not familiar with. Plus it helps you too really get too know your car getting under it and doing it yourself .:bigpimp:

Offroad
03-05-2012, 11:52 PM
And we can do crap like this on a warm sunny day no bay rental......

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281723_2246455398263_1154507432_2753617_6627163_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283565_2246454878250_1154507432_2753614_4339422_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223725_2246455318261_1154507432_2753616_6415678_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283845_2246455558267_1154507432_2753618_2068935_n.jpg

94boosted
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
My 3 issues with Southgate were:

#1 After buying the car the headlight developed some condensation within a few hundred KM's, not a big deal, I take it in for a warranty replacement and they have some young kid doing it who doesn't give a shit about other peoples property and scratches up my bumper. As that can happen anywhere I think no big deal.

#2 Went in to have tires swapped over to winters. I get the car back and one of the directional tires is backwards, I point it out and they fix it. Then I get the car home and notice they scratched the shit out of one of my wheels, I take it back and they claim it wasn't them (it was apparent that this wasn't curb rash but damage from their tire machine) after some back and forth with the service manager they reluctantly decide to fix the wheel.

#3 There was an issue with the seat track, this time I was smart enough to show my service advisor that the interior was scratch free and after they replace the seat track it would be nice to have it returned in the same condition. Sure enough I get the car back and the trim peices look like they've been mangled, I talk to them and they again reluctantly agree to fix it.

Not huge issues, but to someone who cares about their car it was enough to get me to stop going to those clowns at Southgate.

Jack Carter on the other hand thus far has been awesome, I pull the car in, do a walk around with the service advisor and I get the car back in the exact same condition. Good coffee and short wait times for a service shuttle are also nice.

Hallowed_point
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Offroad

Fellow Z28 Owner i'd recommend renting a bay with a hoist at U-Wrench It, our cars are stupid easy to work on. Get your Delco parts and fluids and save a bundle doing it yourself. Give me enough notice ill give you a hand and or show you anything you are not familiar with. Plus it helps you too really get too know your car getting under it and doing it yourself .:bigpimp:

Yeah I've been to U-Wrench before, I got Andre to work on my old car. Great place. I've installed my lid, oil pan heater, and I do oil changes but I'm hesitant to do anything outside my abilities as this is my DD. I think I'm just going to take it in once to get a baseline from them as I didn't get service records with the car..it seems to be running good though.
I've just got a feeling that the fuel filter , tranny fluid etc has never been done lol..Thanks I'll take you up on that , if your up for tackling long tube headers?? :cry: :eek:

Hallowed_point
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
And we can do crap like this on a warm sunny day no bay rental......

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281723_2246455398263_1154507432_2753617_6627163_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283565_2246454878250_1154507432_2753614_4339422_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223725_2246455318261_1154507432_2753616_6415678_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283845_2246455558267_1154507432_2753618_2068935_n.jpg

Bigger throttle body? Which one?

Masked Bandit
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
My 3 issues with Southgate were:

#1 After buying the car the headlight developed some condensation within a few hundred KM's, not a big deal, I take it in for a warranty replacement and they have some young kid doing it who doesn't give a shit about other peoples property and scratches up my bumper. As that can happen anywhere I think no big deal.

#2 Went in to have tires swapped over to winters. I get the car back and one of the directional tires is backwards, I point it out and they fix it. Then I get the car home and notice they scratched the shit out of one of my wheels, I take it back and they claim it wasn't them (it was apparent that this wasn't curb rash but damage from their tire machine) after some back and forth with the service manager they reluctantly decide to fix the wheel.

#3 There was an issue with the seat track, this time I was smart enough to show my service advisor that the interior was scratch free and after they replace the seat track it would be nice to have it returned in the same condition. Sure enough I get the car back and the trim peices look like they've been mangled, I talk to them and they again reluctantly agree to fix it.

Not huge issues, but to someone who cares about their car it was enough to get me to stop going to those clowns at Southgate.

Jack Carter on the other hand thus far has been awesome, I pull the car in, do a walk around with the service advisor and I get the car back in the exact same condition. Good coffee and short wait times for a service shuttle are also nice.

Wow! I guess I've just been lucky over the years. Once upon a time I had a new Chev truck that was a total POS but I had the warranty work (and there was lots of it) done at Southgate and I was very happy. They would bend over backwards to make sure I was taken care of. With that said though, we're talking about 2001 - 2002 here so a lot can change in 10 years. I'm thinking it's going to be Jack Carter for me after this.

Hallowed_point
03-17-2012, 02:37 PM
As a follow up, :thumbsup: for Jack Carter service. Quick service, 2 way shuttle on a Sat even though they don't normally shuttle on weekends :) Would go again.

Offroad
03-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Bigger throttle body? Which one?

I wish .....no MAF and throttle body cleaning since i have a k&n fipk system........reallly wakes it up when you do this :thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM

I wish .....no MAF and throttle body cleaning since i have a k&n fipk system........reallly wakes it up when you do this :thumbsup:

What all did you gain/have to do for tuning with removing the MAF? I see you still have the EGR top hat, I'm debating chopping mine :dunno: The K&N fipk is sweet but kinda expensive. I think I got a decent gain from just the air lid.

Offroad
03-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I still have the MAF i cleaned it and the TB because the K&N oil can leave oil residue, so first clean up both were black .....after the clean much better giddy up and go and better mileage . I'm debating the egr mod or even egr and air injection system removal, because the car has such low K and in mint shape i don't wanna affect the value it has now especially since i scored it so cheap. But if i take it over 100k then i may change my position . As you know they go pretty damn well stock, lots of go . :burnout: