PDA

View Full Version : Dentist recomendation for wisdom teeth

BMDUBS
03-06-2012, 11:07 AM
So I am in need of having my wisdom teeth pulled here ASAP. Can you guys suggest a good dentist that does sedation as I may need all 4 out at once?

Thanks!

jdmXSI
03-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Dr Lauren Krautch(sp?) right across from MRC in the SW. I had 2 impacted on the bottom and the top were angled. I was at work the next day with minimal pain, just took an extra stength advil every 4 hours.

TL_
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
^^

I went to him as well with the same situation and he did an amazing job. Minimal pain and I was back at school the next day.

rage2
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Arbour Lake Dental. They use roofies for sedation.

D'z Nutz
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Give Concept Dentistry a call and see if they do it. Dr. Tang's awesome and an OG Beyonder :thumbsup:

BMDUBS
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the responses thus far, I wasnt een sure if this was the right section to post in... :thumbsup:

BMDUBS
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
@ JDM and TL, when you went to see that guy, were you put under or was there just local anesthesia?

nagooro
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Dr Lauren Krautch(sp?) right across from MRC in the SW. I had 2 impacted on the bottom and the top were angled. I was at work the next day with minimal pain, just took an extra stength advil every 4 hours.

Originally posted by TL_
^^

I went to him as well with the same situation and he did an amazing job. Minimal pain and I was back at school the next day.

Went to him as well, would highly recommend. I was put under.

cookiemunster
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Dr. Bureau removed my wisdom teeth a year ago... no pain or swelling... would recommend

TL_
03-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS
@ JDM and TL, when you went to see that guy, were you put under or was there just local anesthesia?

I just had the local anesthesia. The only thing I felt during the procedure was pressure on my gums when they were extracting and impacting my 2 bottom teeth but, other than that no pain what so ever.

jdmXSI
03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Give Concept Dentistry a call and see if they do it. Dr. Tang's awesome and an OG Beyonder :thumbsup:
+1 he actually gave me the referal for Dr Lauren Krautch

I was put under, there was NOOOO way I wanted to witness what happend inside my mouth, lol

BMDUBS
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
One last kicker question, how much does it usually cost? I bet I will need all 4 out at once... I have insurance through work but I imagine I will still get nailed....

TL_
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
One last kicker question, how much does it usually cost? I bet I will need all 4 out at once... I have insurance through work but I imagine I will still get nailed....

I think it ran me around 1200 for all 4 but, this was a good 7 years ago so, my memory is a bit foggy. I had it covered under my parents health benefit.

G-ZUS
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Was going to cost me ~1000 (after Blue cross pays their portion) out of my pocket @ Dr. Williams for 3 teeth.

Kona9
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Man up and don't worry about being put out. I had Dr Honke in Sunlife Plaza do all 4 of mine (2 impacted) with only local anasthetic, and if it was possible for them to grow back, I would have him do it again. I was surprised at how little the process even hurt. Truly, it didn't. I wasn't covered with insurance and it was about 1k more to be put out.

BMDUBS
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Lol man up, I like that...

Had a shit dentist in the past who hit a nerve in my gum with the needle and I have never been in so much pain in my life! So I guess I will get a consultation and see whats up from there... Thanks to all for the information and the suggestions

G-ZUS
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Had a shit dentist in the past who hit a nerve in my gum with the needle and I have never been in so much pain in my life!

Same here

bart
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
unless something is already happening and or you are in pain, wisdom tooth removal is a scam otherwise if the dentist recommends you do it

The American Public Health Association recommends against prophylactic removal of asymptomatic, non-pathological wisdom teeth, including wisdom teeth that are impacted,[18] on the basis that the removal of third molars (wisdom teeth), like the removal of any teeth, should be based on evidence of diagnosed pathology or demonstrable need, rather than anticipated future pathology. The APHA's position is based on scientific research that documents the risks of injury to the nerves of the jaw that can cause permanent numbness of the lip and tongue, damage to the temporomandibular (jaw) joint and adjacent teeth.

GQBalla
03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Dr Williams
Marlborough Mall.

Very well recommended from a Family Friend dentist.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/102696/wisdom-teeth-removal/

Don't go to Dr. Wakeham

G-ZUS
03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Dr Williams
Marlborough Mall.

Last I heard he is retired

CMW403
03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Man up and don't worry about being put out. I had Dr Honke in Sunlife Plaza do all 4 of mine (2 impacted) with only local anasthetic, and if it was possible for them to grow back, I would have him do it again. I was surprised at how little the process even hurt. Truly, it didn't. I wasn't covered with insurance and it was about 1k more to be put out.

obviously you've never had a bad dentist before.

Hakkola
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TL_

I think it ran me around 1200 for all 4 but, this was a good 7 years ago so, my memory is a bit foggy. I had it covered under my parents health benefit.

Balls! I have to get this done and I have 6 wisdom teeth. :banghead:

max_boost
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Damn that sucks for some of you guys. My procedure was so simple I was :eek: by it.

I had braces so the dentist had pulled the bottom two out to let my wisdoms grow in. For my top two they were impacted but pulling them was no different than any other. He applied the freezing and just yanked them out. Cost was something like $150-200, no blood, nor pain, nothing. Actually it was the least painful experience lmao :nut:

I went for wings after. :drool: :rofl:

natty54
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Dr. Donald Wakeham

http://www.instituteoffacialsurgery.com/

sneek
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Damn that sucks for some of you guys. My procedure was so simple I was :eek: by it.

I had braces so the dentist had pulled the bottom two out to let my wisdoms grow in. For my top two they were impacted but pulling them was no different than any other. He applied the freezing and just yanked them out. Cost was something like $150-200, no blood, nor pain, nothing. Actually it was the least painful experience lmao :nut:

I went for wings after. :drool: :rofl:

Sounds like a dream!

I had Dr. Summers take mine out, I was super swollen. I couldn't eat for 3 or 4 days. I am pretty sure that I lost about 8lbs because all I ate was mashed potatoes and apple sauce. I had no pain, but to this day I am missing sensation in part of my face. I probably wouldn't go back.

He does have pretty good reviews though.
http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/82479/Dr-Terry-Summers-Calgary-AB.html

GQBalla
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Last I heard he is retired

ohh

well he was great and came highly recommended.

Originally posted by natty54
Dr. Donald Wakeham

http://www.instituteoffacialsurgery.com/

he is full of fail, so many of my friends and people i know got nerve damage
could be just draw of the straw but you read tons of reviews on interwebs

natty54
03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
he is full of fail, so many of my friends and people i know got nerve damage
could be just draw of the straw but you read tons of reviews on interwebs

I was pretty happy with his work. Got put out and fast recovery. No nerve damage for me. Only thing I didn't like is that I did not receive a follow up

ArjayAquino
08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

Which dental office is he in? I tried googling up the name but nothing came up. I have to get my wisdom teeth removed by the end of the year so I'll start looking at options now.

TL_
08-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino

Which dental office is he in? I tried googling up the name but nothing came up. I have to get my wisdom teeth removed by the end of the year so I'll start looking at options now.

Dr. Loren Kroetsch

555 Richardson Rd Sw, Calgary, AB, T3E 7E6
403-242-2600

ArjayAquino
08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by TL_

Dr. Loren Kroetsch

555 Richardson Rd Sw, Calgary, AB, T3E 7E6
403-242-2600

awesome thanks!