PDA

View Full Version : Pandora in Canada!

Neil4Speed
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm sure a few of you already know about this technique, but I finally got Pandora working here in Canada. I used to use it back in the day, but then it got locked down to strictly US IP's.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/access-pandora-music-anywhere/20976/

Its a bit better than when I used to use it back in the day, and wow, its just so good - I've been listening to it all morning and every song has been something I liked.

nismodrifter
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
haven't used these pandora/other radio sites in a long time but a fav of mine has been www.grooveshark.com. play a song, hit the radio button, use the smileys and it generates a sick list.

has always worked in canada and I love it.

Kardon
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Anybody here use 8tracks? it seems alright but I can't stand listening to internet radio with good speakers or headphones.

rage2
03-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I find Pandora has better quality than Sirius. I'm using car system to compare though, not home theater or headphones.

sputnik
03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Sirius bitrate has dropped dramatically over the past couple of years. Basically sounds like FM radio.

adam c
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
i find FM sounds better than Sirius most days

TYMSMNY
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I find Pandora has better quality than Sirius. I'm using car system to compare though, not home theater or headphones.

Nice, how did you get Pandora in the car?

<-- android user if that matters/helps.

rage2
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I use http://unblock-us.com/

Just have to change your DNS settings and it'll work. I heard it's easy with Android, it's a convuluted process for the iPhone/iPod.

Abeo
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Interesting... do you have an idea of how much data per hour it requires?

heavyD
03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Sirius bitrate has dropped dramatically over the past couple of years. Basically sounds like FM radio.

You are being kind. I find local FM sounds far superior to Sirius. I almost can't handle listening to the music channels because of the poor audio quality.

tsi_neal
03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
www.jango.com is way better than Jango and should work for those without US ip services.
Pandora gets pretty repetitive with its selection.

And yes sirius SQ has gone to shit, I still have not sure its worth it anymore...