PDA

View Full Version : Lost traffic ticket question

max_boost
03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Like title says, got a traffic ticket but lost it. Was told to go lineup downtown and get a copy of it.

Just wondering if anyone has done this? Do you follow the crowd of people asking to see the CP or is there a separate line to just get the ticket? :nut: Thanks.

Disoblige
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately, same line. One line's a cashier, other line everything else lol.

You could try going into the cashier line, but 99% chance they'll be like, get into the other line :rofl:

I seen people get shoo'd away no matter what issue it was, unless it was to pay for something.

TomcoPDR
03-06-2012, 06:39 PM
What's with all the traffic related questions lately OP???

max_boost
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Damn it!

I remember in the past the CP would only work until a certain time i.e. noon, is it still like that or they are there all day 7:30am to 4:30pm? Reason I'm asking is if I have to wait in the same line, I might as well show up later in the day when the CP is gone so the line will be much shorter.

Disoblige
03-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I think the lines are pretty long at 3:30-4:00 pm too. But yeah they will be there in the afternoon.

Be there at 7:15-7:30 am and at least you'll be one of the first 4-5 in line. In and out, especially good if you're planning to drive down there. Parking looks pretty lame later in the day.

max_boost
03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Alright well I'll try to get down there early.

TomcoPDR, I'm just asking questions. You should be asking why disoblige seems to always have all the answers. haha :devil:

Disoblige
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Pfft, dunno what you are talking about max_boost. I'm at 0 demerits and been clean for close to 3 years (knock on wood) :eek:

:D

Toma
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I would call around first, I am sure they can mail you a copy.

Jees, it's been a while, last I was there, there were 3 lines.

Hearing officer
CP
Cashier.

Hearing officer usually had a short line and could retrieve tickets.

Disoblige
03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
I found this just now:

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/faq.html#14

"You can also call the Alberta Traffic Court in Calgary at 403-297-2283. They will have any information you require regarding either lost or outstanding traffic tickets."

max_boost
03-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Perfect. Thanks man!

DEATH2000
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I found this just now:

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/faq.html#14

"You can also call the Alberta Traffic Court in Calgary at 403-297-2283. They will have any information you require regarding either lost or outstanding traffic tickets."
If they actually answered their phone. Every single time i have called, at various times nobody answered. I dont know if its changed in the last 3 years since ive had to call, but the last time i did it was frusterating.

LadyLuck
03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
If you are planning on paying for the ticket cant you just go to any registries office and they can pull it up on your file?

Just a thought :dunno:

Tik-Tok
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
If you are planning on paying for the ticket cant you just go to any registries office and they can pull it up on your file?

Just a thought :dunno:

Nope. Without a ticket number, they can't help you until the city has put your ticket out to collections (post conviction)

LadyLuck
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Nope. Without a ticket number, they can't help you until the city has put your ticket out to collections (post conviction)

Collections? Since when do tickets go out to collections? I never paid my tickets until I had to renew my registrations, longest was 8 months I believe and was never sent to collections.

Disoblige
03-07-2012, 07:48 PM

I never paid my tickets until I had to renew my registrations, longest was 8 months I believe and was never sent to collections.
That's pretty ballsy. What if you get pulled over again and cop finds out there's a warrant for your arrest?

LadyLuck
03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

That's pretty ballsy. What if you get pulled over again and cop finds out there's a warrant for your arrest?

Never had that problem, not like its a pink ticket. Cop never even brought up any unpaid tickets I had.

Edit: Mind you, my last ticket was over 3 years ago...maybe the rules have changed since then.

Unknown303
03-07-2012, 08:04 PM
If they are anything like Telus you could just not pay and maybe they won't even notice...

Tik-Tok
03-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Collections? Since when do tickets go out to collections? I never paid my tickets until I had to renew my registrations, longest was 8 months I believe and was never sent to collections.

Not a collections agency, but the collections dept. of the government.

LadyLuck
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Not a collections agency, but the collections dept. of the government.

That makes more sense. I thought you meant the other collections haha.