PDA

View Full Version : Parking ticket by parksmart

azncs
03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi I just got a ticket on a private property at the YWCA off of 5th Ave SE from a company called Parksmart. It says if I fail to pay the amount within 7 days, my vehicle may be towed if it is parked improperly on property patrolled by us. And may also take further action to collect amount including legal action by referring your name to a collection and/or credit agency.

From what I heard you don't need to pay parking tickets from private properties and that as long as I don't park there again illegally. Just wanted to get an opinion from everyone. Thanks!

DEATH2000
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
You dont. The only ticket that you are required to pay by law is the ones handed out by CPA. Those if not paid affect being able to register your car.

Tickets issued on private property are worthless. They cant find out who you are so how can they come after you through collctions? The most they can do is keep ticketing you, and eventually call the CPA and have your car towed off the property, or leave a barring notice from that property on your windshield.

One guy i knew just got new plates every year to avoid paying Impark. He has never paid an impark ticket and its never come back at him.