PDA

View Full Version : Interior Carpet Needs Shampoo. Rent a Machine?

nobb
03-09-2012, 11:43 PM
So I just bought a beater as a project car. The interior carpet and seats desperately need to be shampooed/steam cleaned. Does anyone know of a place to rent such a machine? Kind of like a rug doctor but with a smaller and flexible attachment to get at some of the tougher spots.

Car does not have insurance yet so cannot be driven to a detailing shop. I suppose recommendations for a mobile detailer that would do shampooing on an interior would be cool too.

Thanks.

dj_rice
03-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Safeway and then get the attachment

turbotrip
03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
some of the carwashes have interior shampooing that works alright for cheap. Hawkwood does for sure

speedog
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
some of the carwashes have interior shampooing that works alright for cheap. Hawkwood does for sure Nice suggestion, but not of any help because the OP did say car wouldn't be driven anywhere yet because of no insurance.

Projek01
03-10-2012, 03:34 PM
or pick up a bissel little green heat for about $100. they are pretty useful especially if you have pets. I use them inside the house and in the car .

zipdoa
03-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Get a job as a lot attendant at your local dealership, abuse privileges, quit the next day.

Get your hands on one of these for drying... they're phenominal:

http://www.macbrite-shop.de/images/product_images/popup_images/39_0.jpg

HiSpec
03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
^
What projek1 said. But use a separate spray bottle for cleaner solution. Using the sprayer on the attachment will leave a film in the chamber.

Another tip, Folex is a great product to use in conjunction with the bissel little green for stain and spot removal.

groundskeeper will
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
before headed to the rental shop, try Folex...very cheap and better than shampoo in my opinion...and you can get it anywhere OTC like walmart. the stains arent going to come back.

get your self a brush ans some cheap MF or terry towels and have at er...youll be impressed.

derek_k
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Grab a shop vac, a sponge, and a bucket full of water and some laundry detergent, throw a little softener in there too, dump soapy water on carpet, brush around with soft brush, vacuum up, dump clean fresh water on carpet, brush around, vacuum up, you have 4 sections to do in your car, and if you want it really clean take out your front seats, I've done this on every car I've owned, and they are all super fresh inside

The cost for me to do this is about .20 cents in detergent, and about 5 hours of my time from start to finish, keep in mind I clean the rest of the car at the same time while doing the carpets, as for shampooing seats, try to use as little liquid as possible or your seats will be wet for days, and will most likely get a stinky smell to them.

BokCh0y
01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Rip out the interior and take the rug to a laundro mat. Toss it into one of those huge arse front load washers for like $7/wash. Done.

know1edge
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
this thread's a little bit old.. but I'll mention, Folex isn't actually that easy to find
I know Canadian Tire carries it, been a while since I had to buy it but I think Walmart & Lowes are the only other places.

Originally posted by groundskeeper will
before headed to the rental shop, try Folex...very cheap and better than shampoo in my opinion...and you can get it anywhere OTC like walmart. the stains arent going to come back.

get your self a brush ans some cheap MF or terry towels and have at er...youll be impressed.

nobb
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Hmm thanks for the Folex recommendation, interesting product...I'll have to get a bottle.

Old thread, but what I ended up doing was I picked up a ProHeat shampoo type vacuum for $150 on sale. Believe it or not I've gone through 3 beater trucks from when I posted this thread to now and I've used this machine on each truck to clean top to bottom.

It's not as powerful as the industrial type machines (a wet/dry shop vac is more powerful), but I basically use this machine in the house cleaning carpets and in the car. It does a good enough job. I dont buy the overpriced cleaning solution, so I just mix my own with laundry detergent and pine-sol.

The trick is in the formula. I might try that Folex stuff or Oxyclean for next time.

darkone
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by know1edge
this thread's a little bit old.. but I'll mention, Folex isn't actually that easy to find
I know Canadian Tire carries it, been a while since I had to buy it but I think Walmart & Lowes are the only other places.

London Drugs
http://www.londondrugs.com/Folex%20Instant%20Carpet%20Spot%20Remover%20-%20946ml/L3130242,default,pd.html

Available at all stores and often on sale too.

CalgaryXXL
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I'll second the bissel from Costco for 95 bucks. Works great on any pet messes in the house or spilled food etc.

The first time you clean your car you'll be amazed at how dirty your car was.