PDA

View Full Version : Gary Mar unethical fundraiser.

ZenOps
03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/03/09/edmonton-redford-gary-mar-leave.html

"Premier Alison Redford has ordered Gary Mar to take an unpaid leave of absence from his position as Alberta's trade representative in Asia while the ethics commissioner probes a fundraiser held in Edmonton last week.

Mar held a fundraising event at the Edmonton Petroleum Club on March 1 to help pay $262,000 in debts left over from his failed run for the leadership of the Alberta Progressive Conservative party."

Ouch, thats a good 10x worse than a student loan debt. Its too bad he wasn't running for a MLA spot, he could have just asked for a re-vote.

kaput
03-10-2012, 11:24 AM

TomcoPDR
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
What would happen if you put Mar and Rob in a room.

Sugarphreak
03-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Mar
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

You'd get another Zenops

I imagine we'd talk about a lot of nerdy stuff. :dunno:

Sugarphreak
03-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Supa Dexta
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Maybe thats Gary?^

ExtraSlow
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Holy shit, Hi Mr. Mar!

HiTempguy1
03-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Holy shit, Hi Mr. Mar!

MIND.

BLOWN!

littledan
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
i think they are using him as a scapegoat to deflect attention away from the committee scandal. i mean, basically the only thing he did wrong was send out the invite with his current title on it... :dunno:

clem24
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Gary broke the #1 cardinal rule from the Chinese rule book: CASH ONLY.

BensonTT
03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Redford's a bit hypocritical...

"Alison Redford was a member for several months on a controversial legislature committee that never actually met, the Herald learned Friday, just a day after the premier said she did not know about the “disappointing” situation."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Redford+calls+month+committee+right/6282723/story.html#ixzz1ojgDarCw
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Redford+calls+1000+month+committee+right/6282723/story.html

I hate that fukn bitch! She annoys the fuk out of me, everything about her! Dyke bitch

cloud7
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Mar seems pretty confident that he did not do anything ethically wrong. I personally don't see a problem with it either. Redford was trying to stay as far away from it as possible and basically condemned Mar... Redford is not doesn't seem like a good boss to work for and isn't a good leader for Alberta.

Xtrema
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Mar created illusion of peddling influence in an election year. It is stupid on his part.

Wait til election to blow over and this event won't even register on the social pages.

And really $260k a year to do dick all in HK, just shut up and get a payment plan on your debt.

1barA4
03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by BensonTT

I hate that fukn bitch! She annoys the fuk out of me, everything about her! Dyke bitch

Hey she played her cards right. Got the flabby bat-winged 'THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN' cunts to vote for her by claiming to prioritize education, got the teacher union to back her and *nobody* wanted to vote against the future of their retarded, self-entitled offspring.

Once she's in office - surprise, surprise, just as useless as the other tories.

ipeefreely
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Mar created illusion of peddling influence in an election year. It is stupid on his part.

Wait til election to blow over and this event won't even register on the social pages.

And really $260k a year to do dick all in HK, just shut up and get a payment plan on your debt.

He can't seem to keep he's name out if the headlines for doing something stupid/unethical! :thumbsdow

He shouldn't have hired all those buses to bring all those seniors into the polls! :rofl:

He's pretty well off anyway from all the payouts from the government and his new job in HK...

I'm not sure why people would be willing to help pay off his failed campaign debt.... :nut: Unless he plans to run again in the future...