PDA

View Full Version : legal to put a Expandable baton in the car ?

vtec96
02-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Do you guys think it's legal to put a Expandable baton ( like the police baton) in the car ?
because my girl works night shift sometime... I wanna get a baton for her to put in the car,,,,:D

Talies R
02-01-2004, 03:15 AM
I bet if she tried to use it, it would get ripped from her and used against her.

dasdin
02-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Talies R
I bet if she tried to use it, it would get ripped from her and used against her. :werd:

hjr
02-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by vtec96
Do you guys think it's legal to put a Expandable baton ( like the police baton) in the car ?
because my girl works night shift sometime... I wanna get a baton for her to put in the car,,,,:D Very simply put, NO.

ZorroAMG
02-01-2004, 03:57 AM
It is a weapon and illegal.

Ichigo
02-01-2004, 11:57 AM
You'll do better with a 2 foot long MAG lite...

That.Guy.S30
02-01-2004, 01:13 PM
get some bear repellant(sp)..

ZorroAMG
02-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Get an AK47

JAYMEZ
02-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Mag light =)

FiveFreshFish
02-01-2004, 02:10 PM
I carry a 1/2" breaker bar with a socket that fits my wheel lugs.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/mo/moo2you/DSC00594.JPG

MK3HKS
02-01-2004, 02:33 PM
a Bat:thumbsup:

BigShow
02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't cary any sort of weapon in my car, what's the point?

rogue
02-01-2004, 02:45 PM
just put a knife i there all you gotta do is make sure it is plain site and not over six inch blade

MK3HKS
02-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
I don't cary any sort of weapon in my car, what's the point?

in case some1 else with a weapon gets cocky to u;)

^SkylinE^
02-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Your car is a deadly weapon use it! 3000 lbs of killing machine
This thread is messed up!:whocares:

Xpnsve
02-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Chances are your just gonna get shot anyway.. invest in a bullet proof vest. :thumbsup:

method
02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
breaker bar or a maglite. I've got a maglite in my car.

chances are you're gonna get shot? do you have any idea how many crimes in this city DONT involve guns? only a small percentage do.

ryder_23
02-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rogue
just put a knife i there all you gotta do is make sure it is plain site and not over six inch blade

Yes...:rolleyes: Like tallies said, it can most likly get ripped outa her hand, and could result in her gettin stabbed. Bear repellant would probably be her best bet, because she doesnt have to actually really make hand to hand combat style to make it effective.

mutsuraboshi
02-01-2004, 05:12 PM
yea man, just get bear mace
batons that sell in calgary r either pretty cheeply made and short, or really expensive.
for a good quality baton it will come to about one bill...
im sure mace isnt that expensive...
and that 100 only buys u a 16"
if u spend less the cheap ones bend and stuff
they are illegal for sure 100% unless ur a cop or a secu guard
and nuthin is more effective than bear mace...
cant u get those at crappy tire? it comes in a extinguisher tank i think
she could spray the guy and beat him with the tank after:D

illeagle
02-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Yup, i carry mace with me everywhere.... good shit, easy to use..

rotar2
02-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Mace is too impersonal for me.. Mag Lite. But if it were my GF I'd just get her a tub of mace like the others said, if you absolutely need some sort of weapon.

A2VR6
02-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Wouldnt a Auto Club serve the same purpose? I think that would work just as well, plus it serves a dual purpose :thumbsup:

finboy
02-01-2004, 10:19 PM
"...thats just life in the ghetto"

:rofl: :rofl:

rogue
02-01-2004, 10:53 PM
i didnt think you could get bear mace without a licence now iwas told at a store by mountain equipment co op i forget what it was callled.

itsnotaDUB
02-01-2004, 10:59 PM
actuially, its not illigal to have a baton in your car. my car was searched and the police found it, they couldnt do anything unless the holder says its used as a weapon... i told the cops it was a fish bonker, lol. they saw right threw it but couldnt charge me, take it away. they just told me they never better catch me using it on a person or i get charged with whatever the technical term is for lieing to a cop...

redline_13000
02-02-2004, 03:28 AM
I have lots of bars etc in the jimmy cops searched it lots of times and didnt say anything. In the case of ur gf using it not a safe idea.

403Gemini
02-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by rogue
i didnt think you could get bear mace without a licence now iwas told at a store by mountain equipment co op i forget what it was callled.

so buy it from Canadian tire where they dont ask questions :) they sold my friend a machete and didnt even id him (we were 18 at the time, so even if they did ID it wouldnt have mattered... but he looks 12... shit hes been id'd when he bought gas cause they think he stole the car!)

GTS Jeff
02-02-2004, 04:37 AM
all you people who need weapons in your car, WTF. u need to seriously reconsider your life, your goals, aspirations, and whether u want to be thug-balla-hard-knock-ghetto-rollas for the rest of your lives. :rolleyes:

there is no reason to carry weapons around with u unless u are out to fuck someone up, THATS WHY ITS ILLEGAL!! self-defence? well if u managed to get yourself in a situation requiring self-defense with batons and bear spray, well then u fuckin deserve it, chump.

sputnik
02-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
all you people who need weapons in your car, WTF. u need to seriously reconsider your life, your goals, aspirations, and whether u want to be thug-balla-hard-knock-ghetto-rollas for the rest of your lives. :rolleyes:

there is no reason to carry weapons around with u unless u are out to fuck someone up, THATS WHY ITS ILLEGAL!! self-defence? well if u managed to get yourself in a situation requiring self-defense with batons and bear spray, well then u fuckin deserve it, chump.

:werd:

is this city full of thug wannabes? how many people have ever even been attacked by an unknown assailant while the were in their car.

MK3HKS
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM

um......ur an idiot :thumbsup:

u know there are SOME fuckin cocky "thugs" as they call themself, that start shit for no reason, and if there is a reason after it ...they would say "he looked at me funny"

i saw vids some ppl posted, that show these "thugs" in action for some stupid reason;)

BTW: dont think this dont happen in calgary, a while ago on A-channel they said ppl were goin around with BB guns and shooting innocent ppl.....for no reason, prolly to show their friends that they are "hardcore":dunno:

finboy
02-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

u know there are SOME fuckin cocky "thugs" as they call themself, that start shit for no reason, and if there is a reason after it ...they would say "he looked at me funny"

i saw vids some ppl posted, that show these "thugs" in action for some stupid reason;)

BTW: dont think this dont happen in calgary, a while ago on A-channel they said ppl were goin around with BB guns and shooting innocent ppl.....for no reason, prolly to show their friends that they are "hardcore":dunno:

so long as you avoid the NE it isn't that much of an issue :rofl:

max_boost
02-02-2004, 09:30 PM
LOL

Most attacks are random and can be attributed to 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' If you were to place a weapon in your car, just do it, but make sure it isn't noticeable in case you get pulled over by authorities.

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 12:38 AM

BTW: dont think this dont happen in calgary, a while ago on A-channel they said ppl were goin around with BB guns and shooting innocent ppl.....for no reason, prolly to show their friends that they are "hardcore":dunno: and u would be dumb enough to retaliate instead of calling the cop like a civil person.

cmon man, u are the one who needs to pack a bat in your car to feel safe, whereas i have never ever put myself in a threatening situation requiring a baton, so who is the idiot?

try answering that, busta.

MK3HKS
02-03-2004, 01:03 AM
and u would be dumb enough to retaliate instead of calling the cop like a civil person.

cmon man, u are the one who needs to pack a bat in your car to feel safe, whereas i have never ever put myself in a threatening situation requiring a baton, so who is the idiot?

try answering that, busta.

call a cop?!?!?!?!..............hahahhahahahahah

they would of beat u senseless by the time the pigs finish eatin donuts and get in their cars.
and as for "i have never ever put myself in a threatening situation requiring a baton", some dont even ask if u wanna fight, they just go at it....

so answering your question: YOUR THE IDIOT WITH YOUR FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 01:16 AM
call a cop?!?!?!?!..............hahahhahahahahah

they would of beat u senseless by the time the pigs finish eatin donuts and get in their cars.
and as for "i have never ever put myself in a threatening situation requiring a baton", some dont even ask if u wanna fight, they just go at it....

so answering your question: YOUR THE IDIOT WITH YOUR FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD :thumbsup:

uh oh!! busta is pulling out the most typical busta-argument that "them pigs aint doin shit and them fooz only eat donuts and hand out speeding tickets yo!!" get a fuckin grip on reality. life is NOT u against the world ok. cops are ppl that devote their lives to protecting your sorry ass against other bustas.

and as for some ppl just fighting without asking, sure, so dont hang around that crowd.

dont u realize that if u say anything other than, "ok jeff, im an idiot, i admit it and i will not be an idiot anymore" then u are only owning yourself.

MK3HKS
02-03-2004, 01:44 AM

uh oh!! busta is pulling out the most typical busta-argument that "them pigs aint doin shit and them fooz only eat donuts and hand out speeding tickets yo!!" get a fuckin grip on reality. life is NOT u against the world ok. cops are ppl that devote their lives to protecting your sorry ass against other bustas.

and as for some ppl just fighting without asking, sure, so dont hang around that crowd.

dont u realize that if u say anything other than, "ok jeff, im an idiot, i admit it and i will not be an idiot anymore" then u are only owning yourself.

its reality buddy...dont think i hate cops cuz of tickets or anything, i see ALOT of cops abuse their rights, for example i always see cops turn their sirens on on red lights but when they pass it they turn them off, or a while ago when i did a hit and run, they said they were comin to inspect my car in about 30 min but they didnt even show up and i havent been bothered ever since...."so u dont hang around the crowd", ur pretty fucked up in the head i was just tellin u how some ppl do that, i didnt say my friends u door knob

PS. if i dont reply to this thread after what u say next, that means i dont wanna waste my time typing to a retard who doesnt understand the first time and acts all hardcore over the net
:thumbsup:

Ben
02-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Far too many people in this thread need to get their stories and facts straight on the law, as well as duties of a police officer and their daily routines and how they accomplish them. I suggest going down to your local District office and ask to go on a Ride Along.