PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a tradesperson

The_Rural_Juror
03-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Going to be doing some renovations in the summer and would love to hear your reviews and recommendations.

- Landscaping (underground sprinkler install)
- Deck extension
- Garage extension
- Cement guys
- Plumber
- Electrician
- Painter
- Windows
- Home inspector
- Complete bathroom reno (wall taken down, tub moved, etc)
- Flooring

I pretty much know what I want to do, I just need someone that'll do a good job at a fair price.

Thanks in advance!

Sugarphreak
03-10-2012, 11:34 PM

FraserB
03-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Dave for flooring for sure, I think he has a plumber he recommends as well. As far as I'm concerned, if Dave recommends someone, the work will be top notch.

CanmoreOrLess
03-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Dave for flooring for sure, I think he has a plumber he recommends as well. As far as I'm concerned, if Dave recommends someone, the work will be top notch.

For sure, as these things go, Dave being solid recommends another trade for the other work, you know they are all good. People in the trades know who is not worthy and who is really professional. I do this with my dentist, chiro, optom, etc... use who they use, save the legwork and trail and error.

ExtraSlow
03-11-2012, 08:15 AM
For the Concrete work, I've used Crush Concrete in the past, and i was happy with them. MUCH cheaper than the big name guys, and overall, pretty decent quality.

For Windows, Western Windows are awesome. Great service, top notch product, and very reasonable prices.