PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work at Mercedes?

Pages : [1] 2

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Sold my 350Z, so been looking at what to get next. One of the options is the C350. Wondering if anyone here works for any of the Mercedes showrooms, who can educate me on these and sell me on one. Already test drove a 2009 one last night and I guess it wasn't too shabby.

And potentially hook me up with some sort of a deal.

Thanks

PS: A bit of an opinion tangent. Been looking at the C350 and the 335xi coupe. Not a fan of 3 series sedan at all and generally don't like sedans. Don't seem to mind the C350 though. Any other options I should be looking at that are similar to the two mentioned one's.

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I have a sales guy I use at Hyatt. I just bought a car from there last week, Got a great deal and Justin, the sales guy there is awesome.

Go see him or Steve Lundy (sales Manager) tell him I sent you in

Illusive 4-2
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Other cars that I looked into before I bought my C Class other than the 3 series are the A4, G37, IS350, and TL.

If you are looking at the 2009 C350's, remember that you'll be getting the older style side mirrors and some of the options included in the packages will be different from the 2010+.

I'd definitely recommend the premium package as it included pretty much all of the amenities you'd want (panoramic roof, keylessGO, COMAND w/ Navi, parking sensors). 2010+ came with the backup camera as well.

Keep an eye out on the wheels as well, the stock wheels for a C350 are the split 5 spoke 18" wheels, but it was possible to option the split 6 spoke 17" wheels as well at N/C. Two trims are available, the standard one you see pretty much everywhere is the AMG sport package which has the MB logo in the grille. There are a few luxury packages as well, but that had to be selected at the dealer and includes the lux grille with MB hood ornament and a different body (bumpers and skirts). Designo Nappa Leather was an option that year, but a pricey one, most had ARTICO (MBtex) interiors.

I believe there was an additional optional service item as well after two years during Service B...I think it had something to do with the brakes, I'd check to see if that was done. Also check the fog lights for rock chips/cracks, they are prone to them pre-LED upgrade in 2011. Three basic paint options that were N/C: Arctic White, Black, and Mars Red. All of the metallics cost extra, but are well worth it IMO.

jdmsource
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
I have a sales guy I use at Hyatt. I just bought a car from there last week, Got a great deal and Justin, the sales guy there is awesome.

:werd: great group of guys there! my sales guy was Phil and he was awesome to deal with, and thanks to Steve they worked out a great deal for me

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jdmsource

:werd: great group of guys there! my sales guy was Phil and he was awesome to deal with, and thanks to Steve they worked out a great deal for me

Yeah Steve is a no Bullshit tell it how it is guy which I love. Justin was very patient with my wife as she had a hard time deciding on what car she wanted in what colour combo. All in all one of the best experience's Ive had buying a car.

Cos
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM

dj_rice
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM

What did you just buy?Please tell us

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

What did you just buy?Please tell us

Sold my wifes X5 and she wanted a C class. Stupid me, said hey hunny test drive the AMG just for fun....bad idea

http://envyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mercedes-benz-2012-c63-amg-coupe-1.jpg

ercchry
03-11-2012, 12:18 PM
you got the coupe?! that looks practical :rofl:

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
you got the coupe?! that looks practical :rofl:

it actually fits our family quite nice, and for longer trips my car is very roomy

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks Jordan, I'll get in touch with them. Just checking their website to see if I am interested in any of their inventory right now. Are you talking about the Lonestar dealership?

The C350 I tried and liked was at the Downtown Mercedes show room.

Originally posted by Illusive 4-2
Other cars that I looked into before I bought my C Class other than the 3 series are the A4, G37, IS350, and TL.

If you are looking at the 2009 C350's, remember that you'll be getting the older style side mirrors and some of the options included in the packages will be different from the 2010+.

I'd definitely recommend the premium package as it included pretty much all of the amenities you'd want (panoramic roof, keylessGO, COMAND w/ Navi, parking sensors). 2010+ came with the backup camera as well.

Keep an eye out on the wheels as well, the stock wheels for a C350 are the split 5 spoke 18" wheels, but it was possible to option the split 6 spoke 17" wheels as well at N/C. Two trims are available, the standard one you see pretty much everywhere is the AMG sport package which has the MB logo in the grille. There are a few luxury packages as well, but that had to be selected at the dealer and includes the lux grille with MB hood ornament and a different body (bumpers and skirts). Designo Nappa Leather was an option that year, but a pricey one, most had ARTICO (MBtex) interiors.

I believe there was an additional optional service item as well after two years during Service B...I think it had something to do with the brakes, I'd check to see if that was done. Also check the fog lights for rock chips/cracks, they are prone to them pre-LED upgrade in 2011. Three basic paint options that were N/C: Arctic White, Black, and Mars Red. All of the metallics cost extra, but are well worth it IMO.

Thanks for all the tips, these are definitely helpful. The model I tried was pretty much fully loaded with everything like voice control, navigation etc minus the back up camera. I will try and find the link of it on the dealer's website and post it down here so you can see about the options, as you would have a better idea. Thanks once again.

Originally posted by Cos
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=274035

I never ended up getting one. The C250/C300/C350 is just too slow. Very very very nice cars just too slow for your only car. Now a C63 would be perfect (albeit a little rough) but is way more than I wanted to spend. 335i is much faster than the 350's.

335i is faster for sure. I for some reason don't like the look of the sedans at all. And coupe's are apparently a lot more rare so end up being more expensive. These are the only two cars I've seen so far as I don't like the A4's at all. Feel too old looking for some reason.

C63 would indeed be perfect but like you said a lot more money too. Plus since I work in Edmonton now and do up and down quite often, I want something that won't be relatively too bad on gas either.

jdmsource
03-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Sold my wifes X5 and she wanted a C class. Stupid me, said hey hunny test drive the AMG just for fun....bad idea

http://envyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mercedes-benz-2012-c63-amg-coupe-1.jpg

did you buy the white coupe they had in stock?

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
no I hate the wheels. ordered one with the 19 inch rims

ExtraSlow
03-11-2012, 12:35 PM
+1 for Steve and Justin.

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I am assuming the c63 coupe is a 2012 thing only cause I can't find any 09-10 one's at all. I can't see a coupe version of c350 for those years either.

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Here's the car I test drove:

http://www.mercedesbenzcalgary.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2009-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-b58d5847404638d500c52ffa3ca5e3e8.htm

Then there's a white one...

http://www.mercedesbenzcalgary.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2009-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-7a6245bc0a0a000200b7141ac3c1054b.htm

Although, I am a bit confused about that or a white one. Even though black looks aggressive and have always liked them, white has that two tone look going.

K3RMiTdot
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am assuming the c63 coupe is a 2012 thing only cause I can't find any 09-10 one's at all. I can't see a coupe version of c350 for those years either.

coupe is 2012+

Illusive 4-2
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, the 09's only had 260hp, which is a bit less than the competition, but it's enough for daily driving unless you plan on tracking the car. I found it more than capable in the city and on the highway. The 12's come with a new DI engine with 300hp, which is a nice bump. Think it's a touch more fuel efficient too.

Congrats Jordan, what packages did you get? I'm assuming it's fully loaded. I was a long time Hyatt customer, but my salesman moved to Lone Star and when I sold my C350 to a friend, I ended up going down there for my C63 in January. Hyatt didn't have the specs I wanted and I jumped on the free AMG winter wheel package when it was available.
Won't regret it at all, it's an absolute beast and so much fun to drive! The break in period sucks though, but once you hit 1,500km, there's no looking back :burnout:

Both look like they have the same specs, 4MATIC with premium package and standard (non-metallic option) paint. Neither looks like they have the leather interior. Black one does have a bit more km on it, I'd definitely ask for more money off on that one.

If you venture down to Lone Star, ask for Kevin, he's been my salesman for a long time. Straight forward, never had any issues and is always up front with me. They usually have more stock than Hyatt because it is a bigger dealership, I'd go to both and have them fight for your business.

Which ever one you go with, if you want a set of 19" wheels, let me know, I have three sets for my C63 right now and I'm not sure if my Work wheels will clear the calipers as they were custom made for the C350. Good luck!

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the advice and tips, appreciate it. Would love a c63 but at the moment I think it just doesn't make sense considering all the highway driving that will be happening. Plus I am sure 260hp will be okay. When I drove it with triptronic transmission it wasn't too bad and did have a bit of a kick to it. About the rims, I'll get in touch with you to see what they are like and stuff for sure but not until later.

I have to consider a few things right now. If I want to wait a while to see if some nice 335xi coupe comes in or if I am able to get a good deal on that black one or something.

Originally that white one was listed as $36K and I liked the colour which is why I went to look at it. When I got there the guy told me there was a deposit on it and showed me the black one which was $41K. I didn't notice right away that the car with less km's was listed for cheaper, but when we sat down with numbers I asked him how much can he reduce on the black one and he said. 'oh there's no room on that mercedes doesn't let you do that.' Then he told me the white has disappeared from his list so must be sold. Then when I realized the one that apparently had the deposit had less km's and less money and of my colour choice, he was immediately like well I can try and ask my manager to see if he will do the black one for the same the white one went for.

Which seemed like a decent deal I guess, but I said I am gonna think about it and do some research and came back. Later when I went back on their website I saw the white one was listed for more than the black one now and the price was changed. I was wondering why would they even bother if it's sold.

So I don't know this guy had apparently just started there but just seems dodgy. Which was another reason I was wondering if anyone knows a salesman working at this particular dealership who can perhaps give me a good deal on this car and not feed me BS like Mercedes doesn't negotiate and two minutes later drop the price $5K. I have a feeling when I contact him tomo to say let's do the black one, he's not gonna drop the price to what the white was originally listed as (and still is on mercedes.ca) just not on their personal website. Leaving aside all the confusion about if it's even sold or not, cause it's what I wanted originally and now I am confused.

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, the 09's only had 260hp, which is a bit less than the competition, but it's enough for daily driving unless you plan on tracking the car. I found it more than capable in the city and on the highway. The 12's come with a new DI engine with 300hp, which is a nice bump. Think it's a touch more fuel efficient too.

Congrats Jordan, what packages did you get? I'm assuming it's fully loaded. I was a long time Hyatt customer, but my salesman moved to Lone Star and when I sold my C350 to a friend, I ended up going down there for my C63 in January. Hyatt didn't have the specs I wanted and I jumped on the free AMG winter wheel package when it was available.
Won't regret it at all, it's an absolute beast and so much fun to drive! The break in period sucks though, but once you hit 1,500km, there's no looking back :burnout:

Both look like they have the same specs, 4MATIC with premium package and standard (non-metallic option) paint. Neither looks like they have the leather interior. Black one does have a bit more km on it, I'd definitely ask for more money off on that one.

If you venture down to Lone Star, ask for Kevin, he's been my salesman for a long time. Straight forward, never had any issues and is always up front with me. They usually have more stock than Hyatt because it is a bigger dealership, I'd go to both and have them fight for your business.

Which ever one you go with, if you want a set of 19" wheels, let me know, I have three sets for my C63 right now and I'm not sure if my Work wheels will clear the calipers as they were custom made for the C350. Good luck!

Iam looking forward to getting it (end of June) although i wont ever be driving it as its my wifes car. we went with the wite exterior with porclin/black interior, prem pack, AMG Pack, 19 inch wheels.. Think the only thing we didnt get was the CF mirror covers as she didnt like the look.

JordanLotoski
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Also...the interior in the Benz is hands down way better then in the BMW

http://www.trendzcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2012-BMW-M3-CRT-Interior-600x432.jpg
http://www.extravaganzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe-1.jpg

Revhard
03-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I have to agree with you Jordan, but man is it busy. :eek:

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
The 2009 C350 interior looks a lot different though. Which is what I would be getting lol.

Someone was saying that 07 and 08 335i's have a lot of problems and should only go with 09 and plus. Is that true?

Hakkola
03-11-2012, 03:56 PM
If you go with a bmw but bother with the xi, just get the i. I drive a 328 and look at the c-class with jealous eyes, the 3 series is a good car, and it would be a hard choice between a 335 and c350 just because of the speed difference, but other than power I think the C is a nicer car.

BensonTT
03-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I always see chicks drive these cars, never a guy... LoL :)

turbotrip
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
i was pretty unimpressed with the c350 when i drove it. did you look at a newer is350?

shakalaka
03-11-2012, 05:01 PM
One of my buddies has a 2007 is350 and I wasn't too impressed by it at all. Perhaps a newer one would be different.

Illusive 4-2
03-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Iam looking forward to getting it (end of June) although i wont ever be driving it as its my wifes car. we went with the wite exterior with porclin/black interior, prem pack, AMG Pack, 19 inch wheels.. Think the only thing we didnt get was the CF mirror covers as she didnt like the look.

When we get some MB or AMG meets going, you'll have to bring it out! Did you get Diamond White? Saw that in the showroom and it looked awesome, it was my second choice!

OP, if you are interested in 09's, I'd suggest waiting it out (regardless of what you want to get, MB, BMW, Lexus, etc.) as a lot of 3 year leases are coming up (mine included if I didn't sell it) so there should be a good number of used ones soon. I worked at the used side of a dealership way back when, if it's one thing I learned, they have A LOT of room to move on used inventory. Don't believe them for a second when they say they can't move on that price. Again, definitely check out the other dealerships and make them earn your money. I think Hyatt has a special sale going on right now too, got an email about it last week.

Like Jordan, I found the interior to be far superior to the competition, in 09 and now.

2009:
http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/images/2009-mercedes-benz-c-class-interior.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MLOgM9wkJhU/TQTqGM99ANI/AAAAAAAAABI/B4Ez47i6Wr8/s1600/2009bmw3seriesinterior400.jpg
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/2009_lexus_is350/2309476429620655640+ppromo_amag_large/cockpit.jpg

2012:
http://autosportscar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2012-Mercedes-Benz-C350-Interior-Design-Dashboard.jpg
http://vehixwp.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012-BMW-3-Series-642-4.jpg
http://www.lexuscolors.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-Lexus-IS-350C-Base-2dr-Convertible-Interior.jpg

benyl
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
If you want decent power, get a 335. With a chip, it feels nearly as fast as my c63 before I got it flashed.

The c350 is slow.

CMW403
03-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by benyl
If you want decent power, get a 335. With a chip, it feels nearly as fast as my c63 before I got it flashed.

The c350 is slow.

Agreed. Interior would be A secondary consideration for me, especially since you drive a 2011 RR sport HSE. Drive that beast if you feel like a luxurious ride. Drive the chipped 335 when you feel like going fast.

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 08:06 AM
The 2009 C350 interior looks a lot different though. Which is what I would be getting lol.

Someone was saying that 07 and 08 335i's have a lot of problems and should only go with 09 and plus. Is that true?

Like you I've been looking at getting a 335xi coupe the last bit. Was test driving some cars on saturday, that and an S4.

07/08 if you read up on the e90 forum site, they do have some extra issues for sure. With the injector, fuel pumps and other internals. BMW has realised these problems and started offering re-call/lifetime warranty on said parts.

Big thing that happened in mid 2010 (I believe) was switching from a twin to single turbo for that engine. Afaik that has helped with a lot of the other problems the previous models had.

I'm currently stuck between getting one or waiting a full year for the new 3-series to come out. I really liked the look of the new sedan but the new coupe isn't out until 2013 model year =(

rage2
03-12-2012, 08:38 AM
The break in period sucks though, but once you hit 1,500km, there's no looking back :burnout:
How many C63's are there on Beyond now? 20? :rofl:

As for break in period, drive it hard off the lot. Your engine will use less oil, and make more power.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by CMW403

Agreed. Interior would be A secondary consideration for me, especially since you drive a 2011 RR sport HSE. Drive that beast if you feel like a luxurious ride. Drive the chipped 335 when you feel like going fast.

It's a Sport Autobiography and it can go. But to be honest I am not really big into driving too fast or anyting anyway. I amean I wouldn't mind a 'quickish' car but it's not like I will be taking it to the track or anything.

Plus there must be potential to get a little more kick out of the c350 if you chip/flash it, no? I am not exactly sure how that stuff works, so I would probably have to look into that later.

Originally posted by colinxx235

Like you I've been looking at getting a 335xi coupe the last bit. Was test driving some cars on saturday, that and an S4.

07/08 if you read up on the e90 forum site, they do have some extra issues for sure. With the injector, fuel pumps and other internals. BMW has realised these problems and started offering re-call/lifetime warranty on said parts.

Big thing that happened in mid 2010 (I believe) was switching from a twin to single turbo for that engine. Afaik that has helped with a lot of the other problems the previous models had.

I'm currently stuck between getting one or waiting a full year for the new 3-series to come out. I really liked the look of the new sedan but the new coupe isn't out until 2013 model year =(

I have searched for a 2009 335xi coupe for the longest time and not even one has been exactly what I wanted. And the one's that come close are ridiculously priced for some reason. 328's look awesome as well, but I don't know, I feel they might not have any power at all.

For some reason the look of the C350 has grown on me so much and this coming from a guy who hated sedans.

A question for the people that are familiar with the 4MATIC system. Do you guys think it's worth having that? For example, what would you recommend. A car which is a year newer and has a lot less km's but no 4MATIC system over one that is a year older and has little bit more km's but has a 4MATIC system, for more or less the same price.

Keep in mind I would be getting winter tires for both of them regardless.

rage2
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Plus there must be potential to get a little more kick out of the c350 if you chip/flash it, no? I am not exactly sure how that stuff works, so I would probably have to look into that later.
There's rarely any gains in chipping a NA car. You're not going to get much more power out of the C350 with a tune.

The NA exception is the C63 (without APX Performance package). MB limits horsepower on the 6.2L V8 to 450hp by slowly closing the electronic throttle from full to half between 4500rpm-7000rpm. A tune will keep the throttle open all the way, unrestricting the engine to it's full 500hp.

The APX (P31) package also comes with a tuned ECU that does the same thing (although rated at 481hp) so there's zero gains if you tune a P31 car.

A question for the people that are familiar with the 4MATIC system. Do you guys think it's worth having that? For example, what would you recommend. A car which is a year newer and has a lot less km's but no 4MATIC system over one that is a year older and has little bit more km's but has a 4MATIC system, for more or less the same price.

Keep in mind I would be getting winter tires for both of them regardless.
I've driven the C350 4matic, and in the dry it felt kinda numb and boring. Didn't try it in winter though.

I've also driven the E550 4matic (picking up a CLS550 or E550 4matic as soon as I sell the 911TT) and it's tuned better, or there's more power there for it to work better. It turns in sharper than the C350 4matic, even better turn in than the 911TT in the dry. Not sure how well it works in winter tho.

RWD will be more fun in the summers, 4matic will be way better in the winter. I didn't realize how much I can zip through traffic in an AWD car with winter tires. It's like there's no snow on the ground, just blast away from stop around the traffic around me standing still.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Ah man all these comments about it being too slow, boring to drive are all making me confused and double minded about if I should go ahead with one or not.....

As far as the 4MATIC thing is concerned, I guess it sounds like you're saying its worth getting that one for winter purposes then. Makes sense considering it's awd. Guess, I just have to see what's more important, a year newer car with fewer km's and rwd or a year old car with little bit more mileage but with awd system. Which doesn't make it all any less confusing...fuck..who knew buying a car could be so damn complicated and confusing.

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Haha yah Shak, I'm right with you on that.

I love the look/interior of the C350 but drive a 335 or S4 and damn it feels like a slug. 328/A4s are the exact same. Just a snooze fest.

Have you thought about going in the middle ground and getting say an 09 G37x (coupe or sedan)? Those have good price tags/low kms I have noticed.

I know I'm stuck with what to decide on RWD as well. I'm honestly tempted to pick up an 09, maybe '10 M3 over a new 335xi. But just can't decide if its worth it to ride in winter (w/ winter tires of course)

rage2
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Go test drive one and see how it feels. Don't take my words TOO seriously, I find the 911TT boring lol.

benyl
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Haha, you find anything without 500+ hp boring.

Back on topic:
What is your price range? i.e. what is a 2009 C350 going for these days?

If you aren't stuck on the sudo-luxury or the badge, then why not look at something new that comes with decent power?

I am thinking a Mustang Boss 302 LS, or something like that. I think they are in the 50K range as I am guessing the C350 is int he 40K range.

Xtrema
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Ah man all these comments about it being too slow, boring to drive are all making me confused and double minded about if I should go ahead with one or not.....

Everything is relative. How did you feel when you test drove C350 since you just came off a 350Z with ~300HP?

You really can't compare with people who are now used to 330HP+ rides that do 0-60 under 5s. C350 is a great daily driver. I considered it also before I bought my S4. But I picked the S4 because it's really only $7K more than a fully loaded C350 and the interior was better and of course faster. 2012 C series' new interior took quite a bit of design queue from Audi.

As great of a drive of 335i is, I just hated the sedan and I need 4 doors. And the fuel pump issue kept me away. I remember reading that the fuel pump issue didn't really go way til 1/2 year into 2010's twin-scroll turbo production.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Haha yah Shak, I'm right with you on that.

I love the look/interior of the C350 but drive a 335 or S4 and damn it feels like a slug. 328/A4s are the exact same. Just a snooze fest.

Have you thought about going in the middle ground and getting say an 09 G37x (coupe or sedan)? Those have good price tags/low kms I have noticed.

I know I'm stuck with what to decide on RWD as well. I'm honestly tempted to pick up an 09, maybe '10 M3 over a new 335xi. But just can't decide if its worth it to ride in winter (w/ winter tires of course)

M3 would be my first choice hands down without any questions asked. Or I would even consider the C63 AMG coupe. But like I said, due to a lot of highway driving now I need something that won't be terrible on gas and would be good in winters too. Escalade and RR guzzle gas enough as it is and I don't want to add another one of the similar things to that lol.

G37, I never liked the shape of for some reason. Same thing with the 370Z. Loved the G35 and 350Z but the newer body style never grew on me. I've driven the 335xi coupe and it sure as hell is quick. Test driving the C350, when in auto mode I didn't really feel much of anything, but just maybe a little bit something when trying the triptronic thing. They are super smooth and comfortable though for sure.

Originally posted by rage2
Go test drive one and see how it feels. Don't take my words TOO seriously, I find the 911TT boring lol.

I did and I thought it was okay. Not great or anything obviously, but decent enough for a daily driver that won't be tracked. I mean how fast can you really go on normal roads anyway, right? But now since everyone's been bashing them, I am getting a little double minded. Haha

rage2
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Just be a man and step into a C63 then. It's not terrible on the highway (~11L/100km) and it's a blast to drive EVERYWHERE.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Haha, you find anything without 500+ hp boring.

Back on topic:
What is your price range? i.e. what is a 2009 C350 going for these days?

If you aren't stuck on the sudo-luxury or the badge, then why not look at something new that comes with decent power?

I am thinking a Mustang Boss 302 LS, or something like that. I think they are in the 50K range as I am guessing the C350 is int he 40K range.

Yea, they are about 40K range for 09's. I could get tons of 'fast' cars for that, I know, like the Camaro SS. But I kinda am stuck at sort of going towards the luxury brand route, with all the bells and whistles. The options get quite limited and me being as picky as I am doesn't help either. I want something that I would be able to drive without any problems in winter too and God know's that the 350Z as 'ok' as it was, it wasn't necessarily the best in snow.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Everything is relative. How did you feel when you test drove C350 since you just came off a 350Z with ~300HP?

You really can't compare with people who are now used to 330HP+ rides that do 0-60 under 5s. C350 is a great daily driver. I considered it also before I bought my S4. But I picked the S4 because it's really only $7K more than a fully loaded C350 and the interior was better and of course faster. 2012 C series' new interior took quite a bit of design queue from Audi.

As great of a drive of 335i is, I just hated the sedan and I need 4 doors. And the fuel pump issue kept me away. I remember reading that the fuel pump issue didn't really go way til 1/2 year into 2010's twin-scroll turbo production.

I would love a S4 but I haven't even come across one for sale with the newer body style. Few s5's which I absolutely love, but then again the whole v8 thing is an issue, and the price range of course. I feel like keeping all things in consideration, my option is pretty limited to c350 or the 335i's. I generally never liked sedans until I properly saw the C350 and it grew on me. But the 335 sedan never did and don't like their looks at all. Coupe would be nice but are a lot rarer and hard to come by in the fully loaded options I would like. So that pretty much only leaves me with that one option, which I don't think is a terrible one really. I am just thinking from driving around daily perspective, how fast can you really go anyway. And if the guy is able to hook me up with a good deal on that one I drove, I guess I should just go ahead with it and call it a day.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Just be a man and step into a C63 then. It's not terrible on the highway (~11L/100km) and it's a blast to drive EVERYWHERE.

'Be a man, do the right thing?' eh?

I think that one would be one of the considerations for my next choice. The coupe version of it, m3 or a v8 vantage.

benyl
03-12-2012, 10:48 AM
the 335 will get 8 l/100km on the highway.

max_boost
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Just be a man and step into a C63 then. It's not terrible on the highway (~11L/100km) and it's a blast to drive EVERYWHERE. just make sure you spend an extra $2k or however much it costs to get the laser jammer/radar detector combo. :burnout:

Redlyne_mr2
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Ignore the fact that I work at BMW, I'll throw in my 2 cents just because I like to talk about cars.

The 335 is a quicker car than the C350, handles better, is cheaper to maintain and is better on fuel. There's a reason why the 335 has set the benchmark for $60K sport sedans. You can easily modify a 335 to be just as quick if not quicker than an M3 and it doesn't cost much to do so. Everyone that I know who's owned a c350 has sold it a year or so later because it just gets boring.

gpomp
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM
unless you're a 70 year old grandpa there's no good reason to buy a c350 over a 335

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
FML.....:banghead:

So guys famililar with the 335's. Would you not consider a 2007 335i coupe then? Cause of all the problems it is claimed that they have? I guess Ryan would probably have a good insight into this.

And as far as the sedans are concerned, I guess maybe I'll look at them once again and see if I can get myself to like them.

That's pretty much the only year that's a bit more easily available in coupe's.

Redlyne_mr2
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
The year has nothing to do with the issues. First gen 335's came with the N54 engine. The 2010+ 335's came with the n55 (single turbo). The N54 (twin turbo) is a much more capable engine and is used in the 1m, 335is, z4 35is etc. The n54 was plagued by a high pressure fuel pump issue which has now been resolved. There is also a 10 year 200 000km warranty on the fuel pump in the event that a failure occurs. Cars with the n54 engine have held their value better than the n55 335's because everyone wants that engine.

ercchry
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
but make sure you get one with the oil cooler if you want to go above stage 1 :burnout:

benyl
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes, sport package is a must for oil temps.

2007s are hit or miss as I think some didn't get the oil cooler even with the sport package.

I had a 2008 that had a lot of improvements over the 2007.

It wasn't just the fuel pump. It was also the injectors and wastegate rattles.

That being said, I would get one again if I was looking at your price range. You should be able to get a 2008 coupe in the 30K range.

max_boost
03-12-2012, 12:54 PM
What about the exploding sunroofs on the 335's? Is that taken care of too? lol

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
lol holy eff my head is spinning with all the confusion.

My plan is to go drive the C350 again tonight and I will make my decision after that. Enough is enough, I am sick of this shit. lol

Redlyne_mr2
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
What about the exploding sunroofs on the 335's? Is that taken care of too? lol

lol exploding sunroofs? really, Ive never seen that

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
^

you have also now confused me on the 335 engines too. i thought everyone wanted the new one because the single fixed all the issues with the twin??

god damn I might just buy a 09 M3 and say fuck it so I don't have to worry about this shit. just driving in the winter :nut:

have to admit I wasn't exactly impressed with some of Calgary BMW numbers/pushing demo models without much incentive. too much to think about :banghead:

max_boost
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh I just heard about it and found this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534261

I didn't read it btw lol

Skyline_Addict
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
thread title should be renamed: Baller roll call.

Impreza
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
You're not the only one in this boat. I've been pondering about what to get and I have my heart set on a new C350 coupe, but not sure if I can be happy with it in the long run....

dimi
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
C350 coupe is an amazing looking car, but that's about it. Power is just not competitive @ the price point and I hate the 7speed auto for some reason.

I wish they never reflashed the 335s. Boost used to come on earlier and it was violent. :(

rage2
03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
god damn I might just buy a 09 M3 and say fuck it so I don't have to worry about this shit. just driving in the winter :nut:
Having driven the C63 and M3 back to back, I would take the C63 over the M3 9 times out of 10.

benyl
03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by dimi

I wish they never reflashed the 335s. Boost used to come on earlier and it was violent. :(

Yep, the wastegate rattle didn't bother me that much.

Fuel economy went down after the reflash as well.

A2VR6
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes, sport package is a must for oil temps.

2007s are hit or miss as I think some didn't get the oil cooler even with the sport package.

I had a 2008 that had a lot of improvements over the 2007.

It wasn't just the fuel pump. It was also the injectors and wastegate rattles.

That being said, I would get one again if I was looking at your price range. You should be able to get a 2008 coupe in the 30K range.

All 2007 Coupes (manual and auto if i recall correctly) and Sedans with the 6 speed manual and the sport package got the oil cooler. Only 2007 automatic sedans after a March build (i believe SOME feb build cars might have them but i know March for sure) have the oil cooler.

In short look for 07 335i's with a build date of March or later with the sport package and you should be safe regardless if its a automatic or a manual. It's also really easy to check if they have a oil cooler... just peak under the front right wheel well, just ahead of the tire, you should be able to see it there.

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM

Having driven the C63 and M3 back to back, I would take the C63 over the M3 9 times out of 10.

Are you referring to your M3 or a E92 M3? Cause if so my head is starting to hurt.

Maybe I should just return to a 335xi coupe w/ M pkg + paddle shifters and keep it simple. That or Audi S4. Altho to be honest the driving didn't excite me as much as I was hoping for...

The M3 test drive was a bad idea, made me fall in love. My wallet says I should probably avoid a C63 :poosie:

schocker
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Make up your mind Colin, you are worse at choosing a car than me :rofl:

benyl
03-12-2012, 02:42 PM
A 335i with another $2-3K (switch in the M3 suspension) will get you an M3 with a turbo motor.

You are just missing the widebody. I would have done it if I didn't get the C63.

rage2
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Are you referring to your M3 or a E92 M3? Cause if so my head is starting to hurt.

Maybe I should just return to a 335xi coupe w/ M pkg + paddle shifters and keep it simple. That or Audi S4. Altho to be honest the driving didn't excite me as much as I was hoping for...

The M3 test drive was a bad idea, made me fall in love. My wallet says I should probably avoid a C63 :poosie:
E90/92 M3. I've driven both M-DCT and 6 speed, and C63 blows 'em both away as a daily driver.

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Make up your mind Colin, you are worse at choosing a car than me :rofl:

haha shutit beeech! I cannot decide at all.

You build a 335xi coupe online and think youre coming in spending that much. suddenly its like 8-10 grand more than you think. So I bounce between a few cars and try to pick whether I want used or new. How used etc. Then I just get a headache and continue driving my beast.

At least this weekend I came to the conclusion that I prefer auto over manual in the BMW, which was weird.

schocker
03-12-2012, 03:23 PM
haha shutit beeech! I cannot decide at all.

Oh my list was far worse with like 8 different cars, I think I have now narrowed it down to a lowly IS250awd or A4. I don't want to ball too hard

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by schocker

Oh my list was far worse with like 8 different cars, I think I have now narrowed it down to a lowly IS250awd or A4. I don't want to ball too hard

Yah I just have loved BMWs since I was a younger kid. I know the power range I would prefer and it narrowed it down quick. Plus the good thing is if a 3 series gets boring thats what Dinan stage 2 or further are for.

As interesting as Rage C63 daily is, not many for sale online. I see a 2010 for $60K thats not bad. Thats about it.

Maybe you want to sell yours to me for cheap :devil: lol

schocker
03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh I want a bmw too but I want to get my car from the states again :rofl:
I figure if I get a slow car that has zero mods available, I will be able to save faster for my next car which will hopefully be a M3 or C63 :nut:

rage2
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
As interesting as Rage C63 daily is, not many for sale online. I see a 2010 for $60K thats not bad. Thats about it.

Maybe you want to sell yours to me for cheap :devil: lol
There's not a lot for sale because everyone loves the car haha. My car was sold to another beyonder BEFORE I even listed it.

colinxx235
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM

There's not a lot for sale because everyone loves the car haha. My car was sold to another beyonder BEFORE I even listed it.

hmmm well maybe that makes sense. All though to be honest I only see a few M3's for sale as well...

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2010-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-W0QQAdIdZ353800333

thats the only C63 I see thats nice color/what I'd look for. Not sure if thats an ok price point. Plus I also know NOTHING about the packages/trims like I do the BMW.

And Matt, pfffft M3 should come after a 335 or something like that. A4/IS250 going to be slow after your G35 not ;) :poosie:

ICEBERG
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Ignore the fact that I work at BMW, I'll throw in my 2 cents just because I like to talk about cars.

The 335 is a quicker car than the C350, handles better, is cheaper to maintain and is better on fuel. There's a reason why the 335 has set the benchmark for $60K sport sedans. You can easily modify a 335 to be just as quick if not quicker than an M3 and it doesn't cost much to do so. Everyone that I know who's owned a c350 has sold it a year or so later because it just gets boring.

Hey buddy, when do you think we will see the new M3 with the new style? Just heard that the 335's got a new face lift. Will the new M3's look similar?

http://www.forcegt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2013-BMW-M3.jpg

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Fuck...so I made the offer on the black one I checked out and the guy said it was all good. Then half hour later he calls back saying another guy already sold it in the meantime. Like are you kidding me.

Maybe this is meant to be a sign. Went to Audi, Mercedes and BMW after work today and couldn't find one car that had everything I wanted. Apparently C350's are flying from the showrooms right now.

Just to add another confusing options in the mix, I think I am going to look at Jeep Srt8's now too. That will probably smoke every single other option I've considered so far and the only downside other than it being a V8 is the fact that it's not a premium or 'baller' brand. I've always liked them and wanted one...so I dunno...

ercchry
03-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Chrysler service sucks

Illusive 4-2
03-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Fuck...so I made the offer on the black one I checked out and the guy said it was all good. Then half hour later he calls back saying another guy already sold it in the meantime. Like are you kidding me.

Maybe this is meant to be a sign. Went to Audi, Mercedes and BMW after work today and couldn't find one car that had everything I wanted. Apparently C350's are flying from the showrooms right now.

Just to add another confusing options in the mix, I think I am going to look at Jeep Srt8's now too. That will probably smoke every single other option I've considered so far and the only downside other than it being a V8 is the fact that it's not a premium or 'baller' brand. I've always liked them and wanted one...so I dunno...

That sucks. Did you check out Lone Star? Just checked their site and they have some lower km 09 C350 4MATICs in Calcite White, Black, and Silver. Good luck, whatever you decide!

Xtrema
03-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh I just heard about it and found this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534261

I didn't read it btw lol

Friend's X3 got an exploding sunroof. Lucky it was under warranty.

rage2
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Exploding sunroofs can happen on any car. Usually the glass is weakened (either a rock chip, or manufacturing defect), and the large pressure differential between inside and outside causes the glass to explode at the weak point.

Just search for exploding sunroof, every manufacturer suffers from it.

relyt92
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Exploding sunroofs can happen on any car. Usually the glass is weakened (either a rock chip, or manufacturing defect), and the large pressure differential between inside and outside causes the glass to explode at the weak point.

Just search for exploding sunroof, every manufacturer suffers from it. Had it happen in my Oldsmobile Alero, scared the shit out of me going to work one morning. Mine was weird though as it was a summer morning and I was on a flat road with nobody in front of me, just driving and all the sudden there's a loud bang and glass falling on me.

buh_buh
03-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Don't worry, rage will come up with an excuse for any MB problem you encounter. I also think he has a tri star tramp stamp.

benyl
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM
complaining about mileage on a v8 and looking at an SRT8? Those get single digits for mpg. hahaha

Damn, I should sell my C63.

shakalaka
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
I know...I am just running out of options on the cars I like now.

Problem is that I am back up in Edmonton now and can't check Calgary dealers. Another problem being these bastards don't seem to update their websites. The Merc dealer I went to today here after work supposedly had a white and a silver one but when I get there he didn't even have one.

djayz
03-13-2012, 12:19 AM
C63 is not too bad on gas 14L/100km city 11L/100km highway. The good part...you can bag on it and those are the numbers you'll get haha.

C63 is a great winter car too.

colinxx235
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh yah, an SRT8 is even worse than the Escalade :rofl:

Well this thread has messed with my head too much, thanks Rage haha. Now I'm somewhat considering that 2010 C63, son of a bitchhhh.

That or I just need patience to find the right 335xi or just go new

shakalaka
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Yea the gas factor is a big thing that is stopping me from the SRT8. Espescially if it's even worse than an Escalade!?!

Talk about getting messed with the head. My head is doing cirlces around all the decisions.

ercchry
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Yea the gas factor is a big thing that is stopping me from the SRT8. Espescially if it's even worse than an Escalade!?!

Talk about getting messed with the head. My head is doing cirlces around all the decisions.

umm... why? ballers dont worry about gas use... unless you are a hippy? :rofl:

even if it does 7L/100kms worse than a car and you drive 20k kms a year... thats only an extra ~$1800 a year in fuel cost :dunno:

rage2
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Just test drive a C63 and you won't want to buy anything else. It'll make your decision easy. :rofl:

colinxx235
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM

The thing is an Escalade if treated well can get a modest 14-15 L/100km in the city. Winter usually 18.5.

SRT8 is a constant 18-22L/100km no matter how you drive it. I believe in 2007 or 2008 it was rated the most innefficient car on the road. Plus I think they ask for premium also IIRC?

Damnit Rage... now i'm looking at pictures of this interior and considering it. This thread was a bad idea to join in on :rofl:

shakalaka
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
lol I am trying SO hard to not start looking C63's cause I already know it's not gonna be hard for me to get convinced on one. I just keep telling myself that I should be more practical/logical and get something good on gas and awd so won't have any problems in winter.

EDIT: Ok...so I just looked up C63's on mercedes.ca and I can't even find a single pre-owned 08-10 in Alberta. There are a few in B.C., but I am deff. not going there for it. So I guess this must be a sign...lol

max_boost
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Just lease/finance/cash and get a new one. HELOC that shit. :bigpimp:

BensonTT
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
lol I am trying SO hard to not start looking C63's cause I already know it's not gonna be hard for me to get convinced on one. I just keep telling myself that I should be more practical/logical and get something good on gas and awd so won't have any problems in winter.

EDIT: Ok...so I just looked up C63's on mercedes.ca and I can't even find a single pre-owned 08-10 in Alberta. There are a few in B.C., but I am deff. not going there for it. So I guess this must be a sign...lol

You claim to own an X5M, Ducatti etc but you are afraid of gas price? LoL :rofl:

shakalaka
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Just lease/finance/cash and get a new one. HELOC that shit. :bigpimp:

Just trying to be sensible here. Clearly that's very hard to do when on Beyond. lol

Originally posted by BensonTT

You claim to own an X5M, Ducatti etc but you are afraid of gas price? LoL :rofl:

Ended up with a RR Sport Autobiography and it's not too bad on gas if you don't gun it all the time and drive sensibly. The Ducati was totaled like I think 4-5 years ago? There are pictures of it all snapped and bent out of shape somewhere here. Either way, that doesn't have anything to do with trying to save some dough on gas. lol The way the gas prices are going at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if I start looking at hybrid's or electric cars next. Haha

Ntense_SpecV
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Either way, that doesn't have anything to do with trying to save some dough on gas. lol The way the gas prices are going at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if I start looking at hybrid's or electric cars next. Haha

I'm in the same boat as you are. Trying to find something reasonably fast, and somewhat fuel efficient and on the luxury side. Also since we can get damn near a solid 5-6 months of winter in the bad years awd would be a bonus.

My list consists of:
MB C63amg, BMW 335I (xi), Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, Audi S4, Chrysler 300SRT8. Now I want a new vehicle as it seems to me that the last 2 years interior's of vehicles have greatly improved and even cars from 09 just can't match the features or look that '12 models now have.

I'm really leaning to the S4 or seeing what the new 335 will be like. The cheapest option is the Hyundai or the Chrysler, but we all know that doesn't get the ladies all hot and bothered.

shakalaka
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh man...out of the one's you listed I would look into the s4 and the c63amg. I like the looks of the c63 amg a lot better but the s4 isn't terrible either. If I was looking into spending a little bit more money at the moment or not too concerned about awd and gas, I would deff consider the c63. S4 might be perfect for you from what you describe. Awd-so winters would be good, v6-so good on gas and turbo-so you know it'll go.

So I found a couple of more c350's that I like. One is white which is awesome as it has that two tone look going with the panoramic roof. They are in Calgary and I am in Edmonton, but I am getting my brother go there and try to sort out a deal for me. Let's see what happens, fingers crossed. I need to get one before the end of the week as I leave for my holiday on Saturday for 10 days. Would be nice to have it before that and have it sleeping in the garage. lol

max_boost
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
If you want to be sensible go and buy Canada's top selling car, the ever evolving/exciting Honda civic.:zzz:

You buy ///M or AMG to be boss. You don't give a shit about insurance, fuel mileage, depreciation or cost of ownership.

With that said, just do it man. Too much talk and thinking.

:thumbsup:

max_boost
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
I do agree on the S4 comment, it is a sick car. I was fortunate to double the speed limit in one and didn't get caught. So smooth.

dimi
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
You buy ///M or AMG to be boss. You don't give a shit about insurance, fuel mileage, depreciation or cost of ownership.

Well said! :rofl:

rage2
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
I've never driven the S4, but I've heard from A4 owners it suffers from the AWD syndrome. Fun in the winter when there's snow, but pretty boring and bland when it's dry and grippy.

If you're looking at the S4, I'm going to guess it's going to be the same unless you opt for the optional limited slip which will liven up the handling.

Mibz
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
"Boring and bland" to you is "Oh my god my face is stuck to the window!" to others :P

benyl
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
"Boring and bland" to you is "Oh my god my face is stuck to the window!" to others :P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I spit out my coke... :rofl: :rofl: