PDA

View Full Version : Seeking maid recommendation

LollerBrader
03-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Use to use Maid for a day, but really, they were billing too much, and quality wasn't that good. Stayed with them for a long time out of intertia, but it's time to change.

I don't mind paying less for less, or even more for more - Provided there's not such a big gap between cost and result.

Recommendations?

A790
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I use NeatFreak (www.fightinggrime.com) and really like them. They come in biweekly and do a good job. All areas of my condo are covered :)

Give them a call, you'll like them.

LollerBrader
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by A790
I use NeatFreak (www.fightinggrime.com) and really like them. They come in biweekly and do a good job. All areas of my condo are covered :)

Give them a call, you'll like them.

Checked out their site, and looks promising.

I like the checklist approach. Gonna try them.

Thanks A790.

Mar
03-12-2012, 12:56 PM
How often?
House square footage?
Location?

One of my best freinds' aunt owns a business doing this and I've been using her for about a year, she's great. She even leaves a hot cooked meal on the stove for me when she leaves.

max_boost
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
NeatFreak looks like a great company to deal with. Just a question do you guys usually leave the house when the cleaning lady is over? And just come back at a scheduled time to get the key and pay? :dunno: What's their hourly rate?

My house collects dust more than anything and I "try" to clean it once a week but that doesn't really happen.

1700sq.ft 2 story house.

A790
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
NeatFreak looks like a great company to deal with. Just a question do you guys usually leave the house when the cleaning lady is over? And just come back at a scheduled time to get the key and pay? :dunno: What's their hourly rate?

My house collects dust more than anything and I "try" to clean it once a week but that doesn't really happen.

1700sq.ft 2 story house.
It depends on the company and how much you trust them. NeatFreak just invoices me and I pay monthly. I'm never home- they have access to my home. In the six months I've been using them I've never had something go missing, including cash that's been left on the table/counter/etc.

I've used other cleaning companies and always wanted to be there to let them in. They usually charged me in advance.

ExtraSlow
03-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I use Neat Freak, and they have a key to my house and are scheduled to come over at a time when nobody is home.

A little cheaper per hour is cozy home maid. I've used them, and I prefer neatfreak for the quality.

Mar
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

1700sq.ft 2 story house.
I work from home so usually I just hang out in my office out of her way until she's done, it's where I would be anyway. Periodically I'm in around where they (2 of them) are working but I know her so it's not awkward.

3 toilets, 2 showers, 1800 square feet
They wash my bed sheets, do my laundry, clean everything else and cook for me. Plus she cleans all the gross crap out of my fridge, it's awesome.

If I'm out meeting with a client or something I leave a key for them and some money on the counter. I have one of those indestructible steel boxes for a key like a realtor uses and it has a code to open it. They come once a month and I don't do any clean up in between.

clem24
03-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Just curious.. How much does Neat Freak charge? Currently, we pay $125 to have our 2000 sq ft. house cleaned. They do pretty much everything on that list and they come by every 2 weeks (I find that's when the dust starts to accumulate). Our house is also a little dirtier than most as we have 2 dogs and 3 kids.. ;)

A790
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Just curious.. How much does Neat Freak charge? Currently, we pay $125 to have our 2000 sq ft. house cleaned. They do pretty much everything on that list and they come by every 2 weeks (I find that's when the dust starts to accumulate). Our house is also a little dirtier than most as we have 2 dogs and 3 kids.. ;)
Call 'em up. They do custom estimates for each job.

Remember that NeatFreak isn't your typical "maid". They clean literally everything.

bourge73
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Everything?

Graham_A_M
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
^ Uh oh....

Man some of you guys have big houses. :eek: I thought mine was big enough and suitable at 1300.. I guess not. :nut:

The_Rural_Juror
03-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Everything?

Even clogged pipes!

bourge73
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
^^They'll clean out the pipes?

Hamann
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Uh oh....

Man some of you guys have big houses. :eek: I thought mine was big enough and suitable at 1300.. I guess not. :nut:

No kidding, I have a 1400 sq ft house and that leaves me with 2 Rooms upstairs and an entire basement that my girlfriend and I never use :eek: