PDA

View Full Version : From The Truth About Cars: I really, really, liked that CX-5 I drove two weeks ago.

CanmoreOrLess
03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Trackday Diaries: In which our author falls in love with a cute-ute.

This vehicle has not been on my radar at all, nothing by Mazda even rings true beyond the MazdaSpeed3. Well written article by Jack Baruth, so well done, I am going to take swing by the Mazda dealer this weekend for a look-see.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/03/trackday-diaries-in-which-our-author-falls-in-love-with-a-cute-ute/#more-434765

http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=CX5#/home

Video from another site (I stopped counting the number of times he says "uhh"):
wwQJdybHKRE

v2kai
03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
wow from their short video review that looks pretty sweet. When my 99 RAV4 kicks the bucket as my winter vehicle this looks like a pretty good alternative to another RAV4 or CRV.

Post up what you think of it if you end up taking one for a spin.

Redlined_8000
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Lol it seems he only says Uhhh when hes driving :nut:

toastgremlin
03-16-2012, 09:16 AM
If Jack Baruth likes it, I probably would too. Sounds like a fun little car.

Tomaz
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I love this car. Loads of features, looks great, enough room for me and my buddies, AWD, love the ground clearance. What I cant get past is the lack of power. It has 5 more HP than my Mazda 3, with an extra 1000lbs to lug around.

Rumors are being told there will be the diesel version being released later this year which I am much more interested in. According to some sales ppl, it should have about 270hp and 290 ftlbs. That is what I am holding out for!

:hitit:

CanmoreOrLess
03-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I love this car. Loads of features, looks great, enough room for me and my buddies, AWD, love the ground clearance. What I cant get past is the lack of power. It has 5 more HP than my Mazda 3, with an extra 1000lbs to lug around.

Rumors are being told there will be the diesel version being released later this year which I am much more interested in. According to some sales ppl, it should have about 270hp and 290 ftlbs. That is what I am holding out for!

:hitit:

Something to think about: 5 more HP than my Mazda 3, with an extra 1000lbs to lug around.

I swore my next vehicle would be a diesel, it is not easy waiting for NA to get with the program. Sometimes I think we in NA ought to stop making vehicles beyond trucks, Mustangs and Vettes.... all remaining vehicles ought to come from Europe, Australia, Japan and SK (not the province).... not ready to accept China in the mix just yet.

bituerbo
03-16-2012, 10:24 PM
A 155hp crossover that's "a lot of fun to drive on a race track" ? I would need to experience it to believe it.