PDA

View Full Version : mens hockey league

ka-t240sx
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
anyone on here play in a mens hockey league?
i know its a bit late, but id like to know for next season. im not ready to hang up the skates quite yet.
i know theres a few hockey leagues in calgs, but the few games that ive seen only a few guys show up and thats just not fun.
anyone know of a good , competitive level mens hockey league?
thx!

oops, should probably add ima tendy.

Type_S1
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm a tendy as well and playing in mens league is BRUTAL...unless your in a competitive division don't even show up.

The COP league is pretty decent in the top divisions...ALLCAL is very competitive in the top divisions but the guy who runs the league is a retard....NCHL is usually lower-level players even in there top div so I would stay away.

If you are an actual great tendy I would try to find a team in the heritage hockey league...love playing with my old AAA buddies in that league but it is very high caliber.

If you want to send me a PM I can get into more details from a goalies perspective.

mr2mike
03-20-2012, 12:51 PM
There is also Hockey North America HNA.
http://www.hna.com/leagues/front_pagehna.cfm?clientID=2296&leagueID=5757

Decent league and you'll need to do a try out session (not sure if goalies need this as well?).

PM me and I can give you the guy's email who runs the league in Calgary.

Refs and full rules
Teams always show up and each team has a set of part time reserve players too.

Perceptionist
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
There's quite a few mens leagues in Calgary with a ton of different divisions. It sounds like you're looking for the higher level divisions... where have you been playing up to this point?

I'd agree with everything Type_S1 said about those leagues. Here's a list of most of the leagues and what I know:

Heritage (best competition, good ice times, lots of games)
All Cal (good competition, decent ice times)
CAHL (decent competition, bad ice times)
NCHL (lower competition, ice times not great)
WRAHL (decent competition)
Wild Horse (??)
Winsport (??)

There might be one or two more that I don't know about. This is just from my experience playing in a few of these leagues... the ice times and competition level can change year to year (ie. most of the top division in CAHL moved to All Cal this winter).
Also, the summer leagues often have some good players that play college or pro during the winter.