PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Dealerships - Positive Experiences

Robnaldo
03-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a solid Hyundai Dealership in the Calgary area.

I've done some research on these forums and here is what I've found:

Precision: bad
Gallery: bad
Crowfoot: bad
Calgary: bad

So as you can see I've only been able to find mostly complaints, almost nothing positive!

If anyone could make some recommendations, or shed light on some positive experiences at a particular dealership, I would appreciate it!

93mr2gt
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
wait till fall.

country hills hyundai :)

swak
03-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe this is code for "Don't buy a hyundai" :goflames:

schocker
03-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Back when I had my g35, I wanted to test drive a base genesis coupe as it would have been a new car with warranty with what I was looking for. I was almost hyundai fanboy number 1 as I thought they were stepping the game up. The sales man was very pushy trying to get my to trade me car in within minutes of talking with him, and then later told me if I was there for a joy ride not to waste his fucking time.
This was crowfoot btw. Now I shit talk hyundai and kia all the time :rofl:

rx7boi
03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Dude, I HATE Crowfoot Hyundai.

Those guys are fucking annoying, especially the Sales Manager Mike Sore.

If you want a guy to go to, see Louie Edora @ Calgary Hyundai.

He's a younger guy that understands when a customer wants no bullshit, just wants a price. He's polite, eager to help, and he'll do what he can.

I was gonna buy a 2012 Genesis from him but since they were out of production, he even helped me track down one in Edmonton.

There's never a GOOD dealership all around, just good salesmen which make the experience good.

Ven
03-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I've had nothing but good experiences with Precision Hyundai, bought 5 cars from there since 1998 to 2012 for almost everyone in the family. One guy in particular is good to deal with, Dusty. I can't comment on their mechanical service since we've never required warranty repairs and I do all maintenance work myself.

relyt92
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Ven
I've had nothing but good experiences with Precision Hyundai, bought 5 cars from there since 1998 to 2012 for almost everyone in the family. One guy in particular is good to deal with, Dusty. I can't comment on their mechanical service since we've never required warranty repairs and I do all maintenance work myself. My dad bought his 09 Sonata from Dusty, had good things to say about him as well.

dieselpower91
03-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Crowfoot Hyundai service used to be great. Since then their awesome service manager has moved to a Dodge dealer.

My girlfriend also bought her Accent from Dusty at Precision. (before I met her) She was happy with everything and the car has been great! 08' with 102k now. Only issue was CEL and misfire codes.
Common problem solved by an ECU reprogram under warranty.

I would stay away from their used lot though, very shady! Used to detail a lot of their cars. Mainly Eastern cars, crappy repair/respray cars, shady used sales people.

Crowfoot Hyundai sales department is weak!

schocker: you must have had the same sales guy. We wanted to test drive the 2012 Accent to see if it was worth upgrading from the 08'. Wouldn't let us test drive without deposit and even though my girlfriend voiced that she really wished they were going to do a 2 door hatch still, he didn't mention anything about the soon to arrive Veloster. Proceeded to show us a 2011 2dr hatch. Fail.

I find almost anywhere I go the salesman are ignorant and have no clue about the product they sell.

Pretty bad when you can tell them more about the cars they are selling than they tell know.

I could go on and on about my experiences...

Salesman telling me I don't need the integrated trailer brake control because the GMC Sierra 1500 has an exhaust brake. etc etc..

:nut: :dunno:

End o rant...

Zero102
03-17-2012, 08:59 PM
I bought my '10 Elantra Touring from Diane at Precision. She was great, however she left the dealership not too long after to return to selling furniture...

Voytek was the first salesperson we met and he was so bad that we asked for his hours and specifically returned outside of his scheduled hours just to get somebody else.

I stopped in at every other Hyundai dealership in the city and nobody would deal with me, 2 dealerships actually laughed at me and one of them directly told me to leave.

It would help to know though, are you buying or looking for service?

Robnaldo
03-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I bought my '10 Elantra Touring from Diane at Precision. She was great, however she left the dealership not too long after to return to selling furniture...

Voytek was the first salesperson we met and he was so bad that we asked for his hours and specifically returned outside of his scheduled hours just to get somebody else.

I stopped in at every other Hyundai dealership in the city and nobody would deal with me, 2 dealerships actually laughed at me and one of them directly told me to leave.

It would help to know though, are you buying or looking for service?

I'm looking to buy.

Thanks for all the response everyone, I've written it all down for reference!

schocker
03-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91

schocker: you must have had the same sales guy. We wanted to test drive the 2012 Accent to see if it was worth upgrading from the 08'. Wouldn't let us test drive without deposit and even though my girlfriend voiced that she really wished they were going to do a 2 door hatch still, he didn't mention anything about the soon to arrive Veloster. Proceeded to show us a 2011 2dr hatch. Fail.

Well he was old and smelly. My relatives went later in the year to test drive a Toucson as they were replacing a pilot. They had none on the lot and he didn't really know anything about it or the accessories and was trying to show the prices based on the santa fe, and was trying to get them to purchase the vehicle un-seen that day. They told me and I asked who it was and it was the same guy :rofl:
They ended up with a rav4.

nobb
03-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I bought my vehicle from Crowfoot and they wouldnt even throw in a free touch up pen when I found a small scratch on the bumper. Unfortunately I had already signed off on the vehicle. Another sketchy thing that Crowfoot did on the sale was white out the standard cost of the block heater then put in their own random cost way above MSRP and tell you they were throwing it in for free so you thought you were saving $$. Watch out for this as they can also use this trick to boost the sale price since block heaters are standard and you cant avoid it.

Grant @ Precision is a pretty down to earth and honest guy. Very easy to deal with. He's retired and basically only doing sales to pass the time, but he does have a pushy manager. Only reason why I didnt buy from him was they couldnt get me the vehicle that Crowfoot was able to.

Calgary Hyundai has this short, dorky brown dude who was a TOTAL dick. Worst salesman I have EVER dealt with. Stuck up "Im better than you because you're probably not even going to buy anything" attitude. Could not even get a total out the door price from this guy without making a scene and seeing the manager. I dont know how this guy is still employed, or maybe it is company policy to treat customers like shit if it looks like the customer is shopping around.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Non of the Hyundai dealerships in town would even let me test drive a Genesis so I bought something else instead.

Maxt
03-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

Sorry, couldn't resist..

part4sale
03-19-2012, 06:43 AM
a little off topics but still about Hyundai:

I'm thinking to buy a Sonata or Santa Fe due to 0% financing promotion + Hyundai has been improving a lot in recent years. I've read lot thread @ RFD but I would like to ask if any of you had good experience negotiating the price specifically in Calgary Hyundai dealerships? I'm thinking I will subscribe with Car Cost Canada so I will have more leverage when negotiating.

Ven
03-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Dusty @ Precision will negotiate and it's not painful either so long as your not an asshole or have unrealistic demands. Like I posted earlier I've dealt with him since 1998, he moves a lot of cars, which is why I think he's pretty flexible on the negotiations. He'll just sell another one in the afternoon haha.

I hate sounding like a fanboy but if I was ever brand loyal about a product it'd be to Hyundai. And if they made a competitive one ton diesel I'd be in that. 5 of their cars in my family, and another 3 more to local relatives since 1998 to Now have had a grand total of $99 in repairs (warranty and non-warranty). But I digress :)

big A
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I bought my 2011 Elantra from Grant at Precision and am completely happy with the entire purchase.

Just like it was said earlier Grant retired from his career, went travelling, got bored and decided to sell cars. That is why he has almost a no pressure approach to his sales.

There is a lady that does the paper work part when they try to talk you into the extended warranty. She does does a very dry ,seemingly scripted, comedy routine mixed in with the explanation of all the papers you have to sign. It is very weird.

Royle9
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
incoming CSB.

I first went to Crowfoot Hyundai with carcost in hand eager to purchase a genesis last May. Walked on the lot, got a test drive within the first 5 minutes of talking to a salesman. All was good until we got back to the dealership and started talking numbers. Not only did they want nothing to do with carcost canada, but the guy blatantly told me "I was clearly not interested" if all I wanted to do was knock the sticker price down.

Walked out the door, went to Calgary Hyundai within 15minutes I had a great deal, 6 year's free oil change and 2 "upgrades" of my choosing. 2 Days later I had a new car. I believe the guy I went through was Kalvin/Kelvin no complaints at all.

The best part was about a day or two after I purchased I had the original guy from Crowfoot calling me to see if I was still interested as he could get me a "wicked deal" but after telling him I purchased and he asked me what kind of deal I got he jumped right back on the shitbag bandwagon and said it was BS.

Sugarphreak
03-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Dazflap
03-22-2012, 07:35 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii278/dazflap/Thread-Gay-Disturbing.jpg

Robnaldo
05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by big A
I bought my 2011 Elantra from Grant at Precision and am completely happy with the entire purchase.

Just like it was said earlier Grant retired from his career, went traveling, got bored and decided to sell cars. That is why he has almost a no pressure approach to his sales.

I just wanted to say I went car shopping this weekend and made an appointment to see Grant, and end up buying a car from him. (2012 Hyundai Veloster)

I mention this thread, but if I had your name I could have given you a referral.

Grant was very laid back and easy to deal with, almost like having your Grandpa in the passenger seat. I would highly recommend seeing him. The Sales Manager, as someone else said is little more of a "Salesmen," but honestly nothing I couldn't handle and was pleasant to deal with.

If you're looking for Hyundai check out Precision and go see Grant!

Here is a picture of me with my new car:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7596/photo4gt.jpg

FixedGear
05-05-2012, 06:02 PM
^^sweet ride man, those velosters look sharp.

Ven
05-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Robnaldo

Love it.
:burnout:

TomcoPDR
05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice car, seen an Asian guy in one, same color near back alley.

Singulari
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
No rants really. It seems that Calgary Hyundai and Precision Hyundai have poor service overall. It's only when I told them that I don't care about the price and just wanted something to get looked at that they sent a service guy and took a look at it.

Crowfoot Hyundai seems to say that they'll call you back but they never do. The only thing I like about Crowfoot Hyundai was the fact that they honoured the warranty when I had 10KMs left on it :rofl: :rofl: (99990 KM). They even drove 11KMs on it as a "test drive" to make sure vehicle is up to repair specs.... and that my warranty would then be void :rofl:

Zero102
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I've been taking my Elantra Touring to crowfoot recently, when I first bought it the first couple repairs were done at Precision. They were generally good but seemed a little clueless and on more than one occasion I had to stand around waiting while the lady at the service desk sat there talking to the other service person about her weekend and all that junk before finally deciding to help me.

Crowfoot has generally been pretty good for good-will and properly fixing things, they just don't seem to fill each other in on anything, one person tells you to bring your car back friday because that's when the parts will be in, then when I pick it up they tell me to call on friday that they won't be in, then when I call on friday they tell me the parts just showed up, then call me back to say there was an ordering mistake and my parts won't be in for a week....

big A
05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Robnaldo

I mention this thread, but if I had your name I could have given you a referral.

No problem, besides I don't think I was the only one here to mention his name. Thanks for the word though.

I'm glad you're happy with your car.

7thgenvic
06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Not to bring up a super old thread. But I'm feeling like I really shouldn't bother going used car lot to look at a 2007 Toureg they have posted on Kijiji.

How much can you even negotiate with their used car department??

rx7boi
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Not to bring up a super old thread. But I'm feeling like I really shouldn't bother going used car lot to look at a 2007 Toureg they have posted on Kijiji.

How much can you even negotiate with their used car department??

You can negotiate based on however desperate they are.

If the meaning of what is said is ambiguous to you, you should look up some information on how to buy a car like when to buy and what to say/what not to reveal.

Used car departments are more profitable than new, you can easily get hosed if you're trading in as well. Since they lowball trade-ins, they detail and clean up cars and then resell at a much higher price, which means you'll be buying a car at a much higher price than they bought it for.

From what I read, used cars can be a pretty decent deal, but you need to know the game and how dealerships try to squeeze every penny out of you.

7thgenvic
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi

You can negotiate based on however desperate they are.

If the meaning of what is said is ambiguous to you, you should look up some information on how to buy a car like when to buy and what to say/what not to reveal.

Used car departments are more profitable than new, you can easily get hosed if you're trading in as well. Since they low ball trade-ins, they detail and clean up cars and then resell at a much higher price, which means you'll be buying a car at a much higher price than they bought it for.

From what I read, used cars can be a pretty decent deal, but you need to know the game and how dealerships try to squeeze every penny out of you.

Ya, I've done a fair bit of research on the car I want. I'm selling my car privately. Already when I called to talk about the VWI got the same BS I always have from Dealerships.

"NOTHING is wrong, this baby is a BEAUTY to drive." Perfect care"

The one sales guy already asked if I wanted to put down a 1000 dollar deposit to secure it before I looked at it. It's been on the lot for 3 months. I can't see it going anywhere but the auction.

Masked Bandit
05-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Bump.

Instead of starting a new thread and getting crap for not searching old threads, lets dig this one up.

We have the wife's next vehicle narrowed down to two possibilities at this time and one of them is a Sante Fe XL. I have no frame of reference on Hyundai dealerships and the info in this thread is now more than a year old. So, does anyone have additional comments with respect to sales experiences at any of the Calgary & area Hyundai dealers?

TIA.

corsvette
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Whats the other vehicle you're looking at? I've read those XL santa fe are heavy drinkers. This review states 15.2l/100 kms, about what my V8 Suburban gets. I'm sure Hyundai claims 30mpg though ;)

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/04/2013-hyundai-santa-fe-xl-review-canada-test-drive.html

Masked Bandit
05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
The other option at this point is the GM Acadia / Buick Enclave. The wife likes the looks of those but for the money, they sure are short on options. For about $10,000 less the Hyundai has WAY more features and in my opinion drives nicer.

I also had the Dodge Durango Citadel on the list and would have been my #1 pick but she doesn't care for the interior.

relyt92
05-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Bump.

Instead of starting a new thread and getting crap for not searching old threads, lets dig this one up.

We have the wife's next vehicle narrowed down to two possibilities at this time and one of them is a Sante Fe XL. I have no frame of reference on Hyundai dealerships and the info in this thread is now more than a year old. So, does anyone have additional comments with respect to sales experiences at any of the Calgary & area Hyundai dealers?

TIA. My family has dealt with Dusty at precision hyundai. We have all had positive experiences with him.

Weapon_R
05-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Check out the recent hyundai promos. Lots of great deals right now until May 25th.

Masked Bandit
05-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Check out the recent hyundai promos. Lots of great deals right now until May 25th.

Nothing on the Sante Fe XL's. I don't think the dealers are having too much trouble moving them so no real discounts to be expected.

msommers
08-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Precision and Calgary dealerships seem to have the best reputation but this is 3 years old now. Still same deal?

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Our dealer group owns a Hyundai store here in Red Deer if you don't mind making the trip down.

email me if you're interested and I'll refer you to the proper people there.

[email protected]

relyt92
08-21-2015, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Precision and Calgary dealerships seem to have the best reputation but this is 3 years old now. Still same deal? I've had generally positive experiences with Precision, I've bought 2 used cars there and my parents have bought 2 new ones there. Are you looking new or used? My dad has also bought used at Calgary Hyundai and had a decent experience.

killramos
08-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Any dealer that helps push me away from buying a Hyundai is good in my books.

So are they really that bad of guys for being huge dicks?

Friends don't let friends roll in a Hyundai.

Masked Bandit
08-23-2015, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by killramos
Any dealer that helps push me away from buying a Hyundai is good in my books.

So are they really that bad of guys for being huge dicks?

Friends don't let friends roll in a Hyundai.

Don't be a hater man...lol.

We bought the Santa Fe XL two years ago and after 50,000 KM and two kids kicking the hell out of it, nothing has gone wrong. I don't expect this thing to run to 400,000 KM but for A) the features it has and B) the price we paid, there was nothing else in the market even close. Second place ended up as the Toyota Highlander. It had fewer features (no memory position seating, no heated steering wheel, no heated rear seats) and was $5000 - $7000 more (can't recall the exact amount).

For a family hauler this thing has done very well.

We bought at Hyundai Gallery and they were okay I guess. It was a pretty easy deal though as I had a Car Cost report so it took us about three minutes to negotiate a percentage number over cost and it was done. The service department on the other hand has been less than competent.

Squishy
08-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Bill! Bring your Sante fe to us at Precision. I'll even hook you up with a discounted detail :)

big A
08-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Was that you at Precision Squishy? I was just in with my Elantra.
I'll be back when my steering gear is in(warranty).

I could use a good deal on a detail my interior could use a serious shampoo ;-)

msommers
08-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Squishy do you work at Precision? That would certainly be helpful if my GF decides to buy the Accent, I'd like to send her there knowing there is a Beyonder at the dealership.

Squishy
08-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Yes I work at Precision :)

I'm the internal advisor, you were likely dealing with the advisors at the front. I could've been running around up front though big A. I can help you out with a detail for sure!

msommers, I'd be more than happy to help you out where I can if she decides to buy one :)

asifka
10-14-2017, 01:44 AM
Hi, anyone recommend a good salesman at Hyundai dealership in Calgary please. interested in a sonata or sante de.