PDA

View Full Version : Husky Energy???

GREENBOY
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi all, question for Husky employees. Hard to find many positive comments from people about working for the company, which is generally a bad sign. Anyone have any info on what the culture is like there these days? Lots of changes in the last few years but is it any different? Place has a pretty bad rep from what I can see but just wondering if it's justified.

1barA4
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GREENBOY
Hi all, question for Husky employees. Hard to find many positive comments from people about working for the company, which is generally a bad sign. Anyone have any info on what the culture is like there these days? Lots of changes in the last few years but is it any different? Place has a pretty bad rep from what I can see but just wondering if it's justified.

FWIW, the running joke among some geologists and geophysicists I know is "....at some point in their (O&G) careers, everyone's been fired from Husky."

That being said, I had a well asset tech friend who moved from Husky to another E&P shop, but it wasn't because of treatment (she loved it at Husky)...it was strictly pay and time off (she got nearly 25% more pay doing the same job at this other E&P shop, plus more time off).

Supa Dexta
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Ive done some higher profile wells for husky this winter.. They've been good to work for in the field.. And had no problem spending money on us.

Kritafo
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 1barA4

FWIW, the running joke among some geologists and geophysicists I know is "....at some point in their (O&G) careers, everyone's been fired from Husky."

That being said, I had a well asset tech friend who moved from Husky to another E&P shop, but it wasn't because of treatment (she loved it at Husky)...it was strictly pay and time off (she got nearly 25% more pay doing the same job at this other E&P shop, plus more time off).

exactly what I have been told, they can barely keep employees these day because of pay and the I.T dept are swimming with politics and issues.

msommers
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I haven't heard the best things either.

flipstah
03-25-2012, 01:05 PM
If their workplace is similar to their products, I would stay away.