PDA

View Full Version : Will Futureshop Price Match?

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, I bought a Canon T2i on Sat online Futureshop but now I just found out that Visions have the same one on sale for $588, $62 less then what I have paid. So my question is Visions sale will end on on Thursday and I dont think my camera will be here by then so if I was to print my email invoice receipt will they reimburse me the difference now or do I need to have the actual product and reciept in hand before they will do it? Thanks

max_boost
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Print your e-mail receipt, bring it into Future Shop and DEMAND they price match. Throw a tantrum, ask to speak to the manager, threaten to call head office etc.

If you do all that, guaranteed they will price match. haha

Xtrema
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
30 days after purchase. Keep the flyer. I did it for a TV I bought, about 2 weeks after it was cheaper elsewhere.

But I think web order must be go thru web refund process, not in store. You can probably start that process now.

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Print your e-mail receipt, bring it into Future Shop and DEMAND they price match. Throw a tantrum, ask to speak to the manager, threaten to call head office etc.

If you do all that, guaranteed they will price match. haha

lol.. am a passive guy, I dont know if I could do that... lol

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
30 days after purchase. Keep the flyer. I did it for a TV I bought, about 2 weeks after it was cheaper elsewhere.

But I think web order must be go thru web refund process, not in store. You can probably start that process now.

How does a web process refund work? Do I call the 1-800#

max_boost
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
That's why I miss my GF, she use to take care of all the dirty work for me. :(

Danny Meehan
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
euphemism for HAND

OP, go in store and request nicely a price match.
FutureShop personnel is driven by sales and will want to get their product out the door not Visions' - they will help you in case you need online purchase refunded / repurchased

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Danny Meehan
euphemism for HAND

OP, go in store and request nicely a price match.
FutureShop personnel is driven by sales and will want to get their product out the door not Visions' - they will help you in case you need online purchase refunded / repurchased

So just go to Futureshop now with a printed email invoice?

Skyline_Addict
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
That's why I miss my GF, she use to take care of all the dirty work for me. :(

you just miss the hai.

megavolt
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Or go buy it from Visions and just return the box to futureshop when it finally comes. Save money and you get it in your hands TODAY.

max_boost
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by megavolt
Or go buy it from Visions and just return the box to futureshop when it finally comes. Save money and you get it in your hands TODAY. Genius! :eek:

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by megavolt
Or go buy it from Visions and just return the box to futureshop when it finally comes. Save money and you get it in your hands TODAY.

But dont they check the serial #?

HiTempguy1
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

They get paid $9/h, of course not!

Xtrema
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM

Buy and use the camera from Vision.

Return whatever Future Shop shipped to you back to Future Shop for full refund.

n1zm0
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM

they put S/Ns on boxes?

Mar
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I had them price match my projector with Memory Express and then a few weeks later price match the same projector again with Best Buy. Just bring your receipt and show them the advertisement.

The rules state it must be in Canada in a physical store and in stock.

natejj
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I find they will price match, if they can find it online on there computers. I went in once to price match a mouse at Memory Express... The guy said "What's Memory Express?". This was last year. :facepalm:

eblend
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Seriously, buy it from Visions and return the futureshop one once it arrives. This is not that difficult as you make it out to be

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Seriously, buy it from Visions and return the futureshop one once it arrives. This is not that difficult as you make it out to be

I have a $500 Futureshop giftcard.. Thats why am making this difficult lol

A790
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

I have a $500 Futureshop giftcard.. Thats why am making this difficult lol
Well you got your answer.

Go in with receipt, pricematch Visions price, call it a day.

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by A790

Well you got your answer.

Go in with receipt, pricematch Visions price, call it a day.

My original post

So my question is Visions sale will end on on Thursday and I dont think my camera will be here by then so if I was to print my email invoice receipt will they reimburse me the difference now or do I need to have the actual product and reciept in hand before they will do it? Thanks

Cos
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM

max_boost
03-19-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't understand why you would need the actual product.

kvg
03-19-2012, 06:21 PM
If its advertised it should be easy, but if it's not you might have to grind them a bit. But is it with your time for $62? :dunno:

BensonTT
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by kvg
If its advertised it should be easy, but if it's not you might have to grind them a bit. But is it with your time for $62? :dunno:

lol Yes! thats like 3 blu ray movies :) oh and by the way I called the 1-800 # and they have reimburse me already...

dirtsniffer
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
holly fuck.

A790
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM

lol Yes! thats like 3 blu ray movies :) oh and by the way I called the 1-800 # and they have reimburse me already...
Wait... so you called FS, got your money, and this thread is STILL going on?

Xtrema
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM

My original post

So my question is Visions sale will end on on Thursday and I dont think my camera will be here by then so if I was to print my email invoice receipt will they reimburse me the difference now or do I need to have the actual product and reciept in hand before they will do it? Thanks

That's why I said open a price match support request with FS with Visions URL and/or scan of flyer and u r done.

3mins tops. You will get credited. If you don't, run out and buy from visions and save the Fs credit for another day. It's just $600, not $6 millions.