PDA

View Full Version : Covered Dog Playpens

Kinjou
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Anyone know of a store in town that carry covered dog playpens? I've seen them online in the US but not so much locally. Have any dog owners here used them?

speedog
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you talking about the eight section wire playpens like this with a wire cover...

http://www.precisionpet.com/images/E-Black%20UXP-Dog.jpg

speedog
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Or like this...
http://madprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Puppy-or-small-dog-playpen.jpg

Kinjou
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by speedog
Or like this...
http://madprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Puppy-or-small-dog-playpen.jpg

Like this! It's for indoor & outdoor and has a floor which is nice..

desi112
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Waiting for Seth to say the natural elements that make up the playpen have no place in the modern world.

kenny
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Petland sells the 2nd one. I saw it at westhills on the weekend.

Kinjou
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Petland sells the 2nd one. I saw it at westhills on the weekend.
Thanks! I had checked their website but all they had shown was the steel wired ones so I was hesitant to go there.

clem24
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Is there a reason why it needs to be covered..? I dunno, me personally, that "covered pen" just seems sooooo wrong for a dog. A baby maybe but not a dog. Dogs should be running around outside, not confined to what is essentially a tent LOL..

Kinjou
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Is there a reason why it needs to be covered..? I dunno, me personally, that "covered pen" just seems sooooo wrong for a dog. A baby maybe but not a dog. Dogs should be running around outside, not confined to what is essentially a tent LOL..

The top cover can be removed so it's essentially a nylon play pen. It's a good addition to have for smaller dogs. This will allow them to chill outside without any worries of being picked off by a large bird of prey and keeps them out of trouble. It also acts like a sun screen during the summer with the cover on.

I'm looking to get one mainly to keep indoors as a play area for them. It will also be used as an indoor playpen that won't scratch up my hardwood like the wired ones. It can folded away and be brought with me in a carry case when traveling.

Hot_Wheelz
03-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Kinjou

The top cover can be removed so it's essentially a nylon play pen. It's a good addition to have for smaller dogs. This will allow them to chill outside without any worries of being picked off by a large bird of prey and keeps them out of trouble.

Seriously if this is your concern... you FAILED to buy a dog. :bullshit:

Seth1968
03-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by desi112
Waiting for Seth to say the natural elements that make up the playpen have no place in the modern world.

A cage is a cage.

clem24
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah I am sorry man those reasons are kind of.. F'ed up. Birds of prey?? Are you Paris Hilton? Let your dog play man. I think (s)he is safe in a fenced yard. If you want to "cage" her up while you're gone so they don't destroy your house, fine. But a kennel or a steel cage with open top is a better choice IMHO.