PDA

View Full Version : California Mother beat to death and note left on her head "go back to your country"

thetransporter
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
will Nancy Grace Cover this?

RrnMYg62boM

Modelexis
03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
If the daughter were smart she'd go out and get a gun to keep with her 24/7 ready to protect herself.

I hate that the news agencies ask these retarded questions to people as upset as she was. If that was me I would tell the news crews to take a hike.

Police will not protect you from violence, you have to protect yourself and be ready for an attack no matter who you are or where you live.

LollerBrader
03-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis

Police will not protect you from violence, you have to protect yourself and be ready for an attack no matter who you are or where you live.

The police are your friends.

spikerS
03-26-2012, 08:41 AM
RIP to the woman.

But is it just me, or does the vibe here come across here that this is staged? The responses this daughter gives to the reporter do not seem to me to be sincere, and does not seem right?

I don't know, I am having a hard time putting the right words to this, but the responses given just don't seem to be ones I would normally expect to hear from a loved one so recent after an event like this. Something just doesn't make sense in my mind.

For now, I am chalking it up to stress on the daughter's part, but something in my head is screaming cover-up.

Tik-Tok
03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Yeah, something seems a little off, but I think that's just her daughters stress/shock. Willing to bet there's more to the story than a random break-in or racist violence.

Either way, RIP to the woman.

clem24
03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by spikers
But is it just me, or does the vibe here come across here that this is staged? The responses this daughter gives to the reporter do not seem to me to be sincere, and does not seem right?

I don't know, I am having a hard time putting the right words to this, but the responses given just don't seem to be ones I would normally expect to hear from a loved one so recent after an event like this. Something just doesn't make sense in my mind.

She's 17 and is experiencing a very shocking event. She's not thinking clearly. I don't feel the response was staged. It seems to me like this is what was going through her head and she's expressing her views. Also remember she's from Iraq - her response seems quite similar to how Iraqis respond to deaths in their own country (or as I hear it from the press LOL). In any case, I wonder if it's even a hate crime at all - could possibly be the attacker covering his/her tracks. Could be more to this story...

Kloubek
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by clem24
Also remember she's from Iraq - her response seems quite similar to how Iraqis respond to deaths in their own country

This is what I figured as well. Thought with that said, they came in 93 which means she basically grew up here. (Not to say that her previous culture wouldn't have had any influence)

I know what he means though... her responses almost seem like she's acting. But I think a lot of it has to do with our inherent mistrust of family and loved ones when someone is killed. (Thanks to the media and movies/tv. It's always the person close to the victim it seems...)

desi112
03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

This is what I figured as well. Thought with that said, they came in 93 which means she basically grew up here. (Not to say that her previous culture wouldn't have had any influence)

I know what he means though... her responses almost seem like she's acting. But I think a lot of it has to do with our inherent mistrust of family and loved ones when someone is killed. (Thanks to the media and movies/tv. It's always the person close to the victim it seems...)

She lost her mother at 17, the hormones are raging this is how most teens would react in that situation regardless of if your from zimbabawe or argetina.

Supa Dexta
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Speaking of zimbabwe...

http://ftrsports.com/2011/10/zimbabwe-man-caught-humping-donkey-claims-it-was-shapeshifting-hooker/

Mar
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by desi112

She lost her mother at 17, the hormones are raging this is how most teens would react in that situation regardless of if your from zimbabawe or argetina. Nobody's going to explain the crime scene to a reporter and how bloody their mom's head was and that it was a tire iron used to beat it in. This whole thing is strange.

spikerS
03-26-2012, 11:35 AM
and she has died.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/25/justice/california-immigrant-death/index.html?iref=obnetwork

spikerS
03-26-2012, 11:38 AM
and just pondering something here.

The mother is 32, apparently we saw her 17 year old daughter, makes the mother 15 when she was born...and even younger when she conceived...

Could this be a cover up for sharia(SP?) law?

This is just the conspiracy theorist in me, and I mean no disrespect, but so much about this just isn't making sense in my head.

desi112
03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
and just pondering something here.

The mother is 32, apparently we saw her 17 year old daughter, makes the mother 15 when she was born...and even younger when she conceived...

This is just the conspiracy theorist in me, and I mean no disrespect, but so much about this just isn't making sense in my head.

Really? Its pretty common for Iraqi women to be married off by 13.

desi112
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
But now that I think about it...there something off. Like would the killer really leave a note that could cause early exposure? then return to kill?

LollerBrader
03-26-2012, 12:12 PM

Yeah, because Sharia law involved the bashing in of women's heads and leaving them on the street.

You've been reading too much National Post.

spikerS
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by LollerBrader

Yeah, because Sharia law involved the bashing in of women's heads and leaving them on the street.

You've been reading too much National Post.

wow, ok, again, I meant no disrespect here, but here goes.

1) she was not left on the street, this happened in the house from what has been reported.

2) I think it would be a fair assumption that since she could have been married off at a very young age, in an area that does practice Sharia Law, and them emigrated to the USA, that it might still play a part of their house hold

3) Sharia Law, to my understanding, gives the right to husbands to physically abuse their wives for what we consider minor transgressions.

4) And I have read plenty of reports of women being stoned to death under Sharia Law in the street.

In my opinion, this could be a case of Sharia Law gone wrong. Wife did something that offended the husband, and the husband felt the need to punish her, and took it too far, and it is now being covered up, and trying to be put under the umbrella of a hate crime.

Or even, daughter was refused to be able to date her boyfriend, or refused to buy her the new iPad, and the boyfriend came and did the deed to hide it from the father.

Or who knows :dunno:

All I am really saying is, something doesn't feel right about how the daughter is reacting in her interviews with the media. I get the feeling she is trying to display emotion, where she has none. Like I said before, I am chalking it up to her being in shock, but something does not feel right, and now the conspiracy theorist in me is running loose.

no need for personal insults.

LollerBrader
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM

All I am really saying is, something doesn't feel right about how the daughter is reacting in her interviews with the media. I get the feeling she is trying to display emotion, where she has none. Like I said before, I am chalking it up to her being in shock, but something does not feel right, and now the conspiracy theorist in me is running loose.

I hear you. Note that a case of murder does not mean that this is a culturally or religiously sanctioned.

I do think you have a skewed version of what Sharia law is, and how it takes place.

spikerS
03-26-2012, 12:35 PM

I do think you have a skewed version of what Sharia law is, and how it takes place.

Absolutely, I have a skewed version in my mind of Sharia Law, in fact, I would go even further and say that I am almost completely ignorant of Sharia Law and how it works.

It is not my intention to make this a sanctioned religious murder or anything of the sort, really all I am doing is putting my thoughts out on Beyond. I do not mean for this to be discriminatory or whatever, and I mean no disrespect, but for some reason, this story is really bugging me, and I am having a hard time pushing it out of my thoughts.

Who knows, maybe it can stir some debate.

:dunno:

acura_el
03-26-2012, 07:52 PM

I hear you. Note that a case of murder does not mean that this is a culturally or religiously sanctioned.

:werd: What if it's just a case of domestic abuse?

Godfuader
03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I would go even further and say that I am almost completely ignorant
:thumbsup:

If the same situation were to happen to a white woman in Connecticut, Nancy Grace and the rest of the media would have round the clock coverage to find a deranged murderer. The daughter's comment would be considered heart-wrenching.

Since its a woman from Muzlimistan, it must be Al Qaeders coverup under the Sharia face carried out by her Talibanian Husband who found her showing off skin to an infidel and conducted an Honor killing as mandated by the Koran!
/ignorant assumption

thetransporter
03-27-2012, 05:53 AM
when people on beyond talk about sharia law i think of this guy

UT87NVYiEO0

R!zz0
03-27-2012, 12:53 PM
"Go back to your Country"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LhnzszFOw

spikerS
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
HAHAHA, fuck you all! Looks like I may be right!

:whocares:

Police investigation the murder of an Iraqi mother in southern California, initially thought to be a hate crime, have filed papers with a court that suggest the mother had a diffcult relationship with her daughter and her husband.

The beating death last month of Shaima Alawadi, 32, of El Cajon, shook the Iraqi-American community when her family reported that a note was found next to Alawadi's body, reportedly saying "go back to your own country, you terrorist."

Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter, Fatima, told police that a similar note had been found a week prior to the murder, but the mother thought of it as a joke and threw it away. Court documents now show that the note was a copy of an original, and the earlier note has never been seen.

The family, including Fatima and Alawadi's husband, are now in Iraq, where they went for Alawadi's burial.

According to court documents obtained by ABC News affiliate KGTV, the daughter received a text message while she was being interviewed by investigators that read "The detective will find out tell them cnt (can't) talk."

Fatima, who was reportedly the only one home with her mother when the attack happened, had a troubled relationship with her mother, the documents show. In November, police had contacted Alawadi after finding Fatima having sex with a 21-year-old man in a parked car. Alawadi had picked her daughter up from the scene, but Fatima then jumped out of her mother's car going 35 mph, the documents state.

Fatima was also distraught over her pending arranged marriage to a cousin, according to the documents.

The investigation into Alawadi's death revealed that a neighbor reported seeing a dark-skinned teenager or 20-something man running away from Alawadi's house around the time of her death, carrying a donut-shaped cardboard box. Police searched the home of the man Fatima was found having sex with months earlier, and took items from his home as part of the investigation, according to the U-T San Diego newspaper.

Alawadi was also planning to divorce her husband, according to a search warrant in the case. Divorce papers were found in Alawadi's car, and a relative told police Alawadi was planning to divorce husband Kassim Alhimidi and move to join her mother and siblings in Texas.

In January, Alawadi had contacted the El Cajon police department to report her daughter Fatima missing, but cancelled the report two hours later after locating her daughter, according to U-T San Diego.

Fatima was the most outspoken member of the family in the wake of Alawadi's death, telling police and reporters that she found her mother bloodied and with head wounds around 11:15 a.m. on March 21. Fatima told police she had been upstairs, and heard her mother squeal before hearing glass break 10 seconds later. When she discovered her mother was wounded, she called 911.

"You're an animal, you're not even an animal," Fatima yelled into a news camera shortly after her mother's beating, addressing her mother's killer. "You took my mother away from me, you took my best friend away from me. Why? Why did you do it, that's all I want to know. Answer me that."

Alawadi's husband had taken the couple's other children to school earlier that morning, according to police, although the U-T San Diego reported Wednesday that that his whereabouts had not yet been confirmed.

The autopsy of Alawadi's body showed that the beating was "extremely violent" and included at least six hits to the head, with at least four skull fractures, according to the newspaper report. Autopsy records noted that the injuries may have been caused by an object similar to a tire iron.

Though the police said they would look into the possibility of whether the murder was a hate crime, they quickly assured the Iraqi community in El Cajon that the killing was seemingly an isolated incident and that no residents had any reason to believe they were in danger.

The family traveled to Baghdad, Iraq, where Alwadi's father is a Shia cleric, last week. Phone calls to the El Cajon police department about the family's plans to return to the U.S. were not immediately returned.

source (http://abcnews.go.com/US/iraqi-hate-crime-murder-probe-raises-questions-daughter/story?id=16079093#.T33Uzcgpbng)

spikerS
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Or even, daughter was refused to be able to date her boyfriend, or refused to buy her the new iPad, and the boyfriend came and did the deed to hide it from the father.

Or who knows :dunno:

just so you all know what I am talking about.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CTzFCIaD3BI/TaWD9gMMfEI/AAAAAAAAAT4/HUQQy-MD8K8/s1600/haters-gonna-hate-puffin.jpg

spikerS
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
and....could be an honor killing too....

EL CAJON, Calif. — Court documents in the California beating death of an Iraqi-American mother of five reveal a troubled family life and little evidence the killing was a hate crime.

U-T San Diego (http://bit.ly/I2NLad ) obtained court papers that say a family member told investigators that 32-year-old Shaima Alawadi planned to divorce her husband and move to Texas.

source (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/court-docs-show-little-evidence-that-beating-death-of-iraqi-woman-in-calif-was-hate-crime/2012/04/05/gIQA4avexS_story.html)

Tik-Tok
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
and....could be an honor killing too....

Why call it an "honor killing", when it's clearly just plain old domestic violence? Lot's of non-Muslim women get murdered over divorce too.

spikerS
04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Why call it an "honor killing", when it's clearly just plain old domestic violence? Lot's of non-Muslim women get murdered over divorce too.

called it that because it just kinda stuck in my head when reading another news story. probably not the best term to use.

Maybelater
04-05-2012, 12:25 PM
If the family was all hardcore into honour killing then why did they keep their daughter around? She violated multiple Islamic laws by going around and fucking random dudes and the report indicates the family knew.

spikerS
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
from what I have read in the news reports, only the mother knew about the daughter hooking up in a car with her boyfriend. no indication the father knew at all.

LollerBrader
04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Cuz it's the fashion to be hatin on the sand monkeys.

turbotrip
04-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Cuz it's the fashion to be hatin on the sand monkeys.

the politically correct term is actually "sand nigger" :)

desi112
04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Dayum, if Fatima was lying I hope we all get to see her shackeled on CNN.

Maybelater
04-05-2012, 02:26 PM

BebeGrl21
04-05-2012, 02:55 PM
This is why I hate religion

contradicts everything it preaches

desi112
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BebeGrl21

why? i'm confused?

BebeGrl21
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM

why? i'm confused?

Creates problems

JRSC00LUDE
04-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Someone IP check this for KimChigrl's return.....

desi112
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM

why? i'm confused?

sounds like common domestic abuse.

Godfuader
04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater
If the family was all hardcore into honour killing then why did they keep their daughter around? She violated multiple Islamic laws by going around and fucking random dudes and the report indicates the family knew.
So if the daughter got rid of mom who was gonna get axed by dad...who gets the honor points? Now if the dad gets rid of the daughter...does he get to double his points? :confused:

CHICHARITZHI
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM

I don't hate religion and I'm still looking the best religion in this planet those religion who can feed me everyday..

clem24
04-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Hahaha there's goes my theory.. Fucking little lying bitch. Fuck.

acura_el
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
To clarify, the concept of honour killings has nothing to do with religion, it stems purely from culture. In fact, when Islam first started, it specifically forbade Arabs from committing such acts.

To say that it's something Islam preaches is misguided. The fact that cultures have become so intertwined with religion has made it difficult to separate the issue and it has been documented in Hindu and Sikh families as well, and I'm pretty sure that neither religion condones it.

That being said, this case appears to be nothing more than domestic abuse. How many times has a woman been killed in Canada or the US because of a deranged boyfriend or husband? If this was an honour killing and the daughter was found having sex in a car, they'd have done away with her a long time ago.

Sal0
04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
When I first saw the video of the daughter, it seemed way to fake, almost like she was acting. There is something just not right with that video. If it was my mom, I'd have tears streaming down my face. To be honest, I'm not really surprised that she's a suspect.

Hopefully justice is served.

spikerS
04-18-2014, 12:41 PM
so yeah, the whole hate crime aspect was an attempt to cover up domestic violence and whatever the reasons behind it.

Husband has been found guilty of murder.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Jurors-Verdict-Kassim-Al-Himidi-Shaima-Alawadi-El-Cajon-San-Diego-255551271.html

Redlined_8000
04-18-2014, 01:06 PM
I didnt buy her stupid camera interview at all. Stupid fatimah or whatever it is.

revelations
04-18-2014, 01:16 PM
So the point of all this is that .... stop watching news? :dunno:

TomcoPDR
04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
so yeah, the whole hate crime aspect was an attempt to cover up domestic violence and whatever the reasons behind it.

Husband has been found guilty of murder.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Jurors-Verdict-Kassim-Al-Himidi-Shaima-Alawadi-El-Cajon-San-Diego-255551271.html

Fucking disgusting when assholes use hot topics as cover up for their crime. (race hate, false rape)

Just man up and do the crime, but be willing to do the time when you're caught.

schurchill39
04-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I'll admit that when I first watched the video of Fatima, I thought it was sincere. She seemed filled with anger, and I think the fact that you couldn't see her eyes behind the sun glasses is what led to that. If you could see her eyes it would have been different. Cudos to the beyonders for calling it how it was 2 years ago.

frizzlefry
04-18-2014, 09:17 PM
My first reaction when I saw her video was that she knows who did it. People tend to use the generic "they" when referencing an unknown attacker. "They had no right, they deserved to be punished". She kept saying "you". Like she knew them.

Seemed off to me.