PDA

View Full Version : Boxing/Training - 6 Weeks! Help

Ymerej472008
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey all,

Just looking for some advice/tips from some of the more experienced guys in this section.

Im starting a boxing intro class/training program, it will last one month for 3days/week, 1.5hrs/day. Along with the program I'll be continuing regular exercise.

The whole objective of this is too drop some fat and gain some lean muscle (like everybody else in the world). I do have a medium-high metabolism.

Im going on vacation in 6 weeks and ideally would like to have SOME sort of change by then. So that being said
I'd like to know what supplements (and how much?), different techniques/routines, diet, recommended intake (calories, protein etc.)
And anything that will help me out a bit.

For those who don't want to read. Here is my SUMMARY.\

I am currently:

- 6ft
- 175 to 180lbs
- Moderately athletic/active (ride my bike, play lacrosse, labor intense job.)
- My diet lacks protein
- Medium to High metabolism
- Will not be completely satisfied with my physique while on vacation
- Used to workout 3-5times/week so I understand the commitment and struggle to be committed for the time.

Needs/Wants:

- Supplements (How much? What? serving/per day/etc.)
- Good exercises/techniques outside from regular exercise/boxing class
- Energy foods (pre-workout/post-workout?)
- Good advice/experience in general from the successful people on this forum.
- Has to be achievable in 6weeks.
- I do not wanna become the situation.

Those who have no advice, just trolling or have nothing constructive for me need not apply.
I also understand I am not as inclined as others in this "department" so thats why Im asking.

Thanks in advance!!

austic
03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
-try the 5x5 workout. Do not skip out on the Squats or Deads

-Go run the stairs if you are close, too easy? take a sandbag with you...

-Eat lean proteins or follow something similar the the rapid fat loss diet.

-Supplements depends on what you are looking for
I use Progenx for recovery and a high quality protein. but i am not a huge supplement junkie so hopefully someone else chines in.

scboss
03-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Ymerej472008

- Supplements (How much? What? serving/per day/etc.)
- Good exercises/techniques outside from regular exercise/boxing class
- Energy foods (pre-workout/post-workout?)
- Good advice/experience in general from the successful people on this forum.
- Has to be achievable in 6weeks.
- I do not wanna become the situation.

Those who have no advice, just trolling or have nothing constructive for me need not apply.
I also understand I am not as inclined as others in this "department" so thats why Im asking.

Thanks in advance!!

Supplements
- multi vitamin and protein (I take animal pak and isoflex)
Exercises
- If you want to look good on your vacation bodybuilding is gonna be the way to go esp with only 6 weeks. I took boxing for 2 years and to be honest it may get you cut but it will take away size.

Im a personal trainer and I have alot of experience in these situations. IMO you should do 4 weeks of strict bodybuilding then a 2 week thermogenic phase to get cut. Obviously time is your enemy so you gotta be eating clean.

Unless you juice up and tan a shitload you will not become the situation in 6 weeks lmao

Ymerej472008
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
Unless you juice up and tan a shitload you will not become the situation in 6 weeks lmao

Definitely not the goal :rofl:

Thanks on the other hand for the advice, Ive researched more into eating "cleaner" foods.

I think thats one of the more important parts I picked out of your guys' responses. I start the class on April 2nd, but have already begun regular training!

More input and advice is appreciated! ;)

Thanks.

max_boost
03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
My advice. Eat clean.

Drink lots of water. Multi-vitamin and fish oil.

As for workouts, you can probably do whatever but it doesn't matter if you don't eat clean haha

sexualbanana
03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm in the same boat except I have 4 weeks. I'm thinking about doing Crossfit classes for the entire time. From the sounds of it, maybe I should do that in the 2 weeks leading up to the trip...

austic
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I'm in the same boat except I have 4 weeks. I'm thinking about doing Crossfit classes for the entire time. From the sounds of it, maybe I should do that in the 2 weeks leading up to the trip...

why just two weeks of crossfit? you likely will be so sore that it will be difficult to go more than 3 times in a week

scboss
03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
If your serious about how you look do 4 weeks of bodybuilding 5-6 times a week. With a good diet this is the best option. Really tho crossfit? You kidding right?

austic
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
If your serious about how you look do 4 weeks of bodybuilding 5-6 times a week. With a good diet this is the best option. Really tho crossfit? You kidding right?
why? it works
I started 6 months ago and the gains have been unreal. But then I enjoy the group setting and it allows me to learn lifts that i would have never tried outside of it.

max_boost
03-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Post before and after pics. I bet you will look the same. PROVE ME WRONG BRO!!! :rofl:

JfuckinC
03-27-2012, 08:12 PM
lol at everyone who starts working out before vacations.. start maintaining regularly and cutting will be a breeze!!

i agree though, if you wanna lose some quick weight, eat clean! or just dont eat much..... lol

RFL worked great for me to lose fast, give it a go..

sexualbanana
03-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Crossfit looks like a lot of fun

scboss
03-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by austic

why? it works
I started 6 months ago and the gains have been unreal. But then I enjoy the group setting and it allows me to learn lifts that i would have never tried outside of it.

Crossfit obviously works but whats the stim? He obviously only cares about how he looks on vacation not how long he can last in a barrage of exercises/endurance. The benefits for his goal will be much superior if he does bodybuilding then cuts.

Bodybuilding = looks
5x5 etc = strength
Crossfit = conditioning

Btw I did crossfit before I went to university and became a trainer. I got in awesome shape but IMO olympic lifts should not be done for high reps. My shoulders started to get destroyed. Keeping form 100% is already hard enough with just 5 reps nvm 25. Just my 2 cents

sexualbanana
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Post before and after pics. I bet you will look the same. PROVE ME WRONG BRO!!! :rofl:

That's because you're assuming I won't do it. Which is about an even-money proposition. :D

Ymerej472008
03-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
My advice. Eat clean.

Drink lots of water. Multi-vitamin and fish oil.

Everyone is agreeing with the advice on "eating clean"..What would you guys call eating clean?

I like to think I eat clean regularly (diabetic in the family, low to no sugar/carbs at all in every cupboard). Water or milk instead of soda etc.

Thanks to all who are helping me. Im taking advantage of the opportunity my work has given me
(paying for my boxing/any healthy lifestyle activity program) and I figure right now is ideal time to push extra hard.

JfuckinC
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Everyone is agreeing with the advice on "eating clean"..What would you guys call eating clean?

I like to think I eat clean regularly (diabetic in the family, low to no sugar/carbs at all in every cupboard). Water or milk instead of soda etc.

Thanks to all who are helping me. Im taking advantage of the opportunity my work has given me
(paying for my boxing/any healthy lifestyle activity program) and I figure right now is ideal time to push extra hard.

Eat chicken, fish, spinach and some other veggies haha.. so boring, but so creaaaan.

scboss
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM

Try not to drink to much milk/eat dairy. Super high in cal plus high in fat. When I was cutting it was pretty much chicken, yams and almond butter haha. I reccomend preparing all of your food ahead of time so there are no excuses

ddduke
03-29-2012, 12:17 AM

Speaking of juicing up, jump on some var with tbol and you'll see insane results within 25 days and your strength will go through the roof. There's also less sides with this mixture and post cycle isn't so intense compared to other juice. Best part is most of your gains you will actually keep.

theken
03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
do the insanity videos, my wife is down like 9 lbs in 2 weeks

max_boost
03-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Eat chicken, fish, spinach and some other veggies haha.. so boring, but so creaaaan. Yea you don't even need to exercise. Just put the fork down and eat the above. LOL :rofl: :drool:

Ymerej472008
03-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Speaking of juicing up, jump on some var with tbol and you'll see insane results within 25 days and your strength will go through the roof. There's also less sides with this mixture and post cycle isn't so intense compared to other juice. Best part is most of your gains you will actually keep.

I shoulda mentioned in my original post that I don't want to go that route lol..

Ive had a lot of good advice from you guys, much appreciated..I figure Im somewhat on the right track for the eating part. I also benefit from the diabetic kitchen! :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
03-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Kale, tuna, quinoa, avocado, chicken, turkey. Mmmmm.