PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Alberta Election - Will you be voting?

speedog
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
So April 23, 2012 is the next Alberta provincial election and seeing as apathy rules the masses come election day despite so many having such strong convictions/opinions, the questions remains - will you be visiting a polling station and making your mark on that ballot come April 23, 2012?

master hec0
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
basically you are asking us to vote on if we are going to vote?

so wont the people that are not going to vote even bother voting now?:dunno: I think not

speedog
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Good point, apathy will probably rule here as well - such is life, full of opinionated complainers who won't get off their duff to make a difference.

BTW, master hec0 - you made me chuckle

Thaco
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
i'm voting wild rose... i don't care what their policies are, all i know is we need a change, we need a govt that has to be accountable for their actions and fear for their jobs.

Feruk
03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I always vote. Plus it's not municipal, so it has meaning.

Originally posted by Thaco
i'm voting wild rose... i don't care what their policies are, all i know is we need a change, we need a govt that has to be accountable for their actions and fear for their jobs.
I'd say that's a bad reason to vote for someone, but I once voted for a mayoral candidate cuz of his name. Doug Service... I mean come on, how can he do wrong? 3% of Calgary agreed with me.

Xtrema
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

You can't vote change for change sake. Eventually you just flip flop but get the same shit. Like US elections.

I'm undecided.

Someone educate me the difference of PC and Wildrose.

I'm siding with PC right now because it is more left than Wildrose and not on the left like Liberal or NDP.

SmAcKpOo
03-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Wild Rose = Republican Party in the US.

ExtraSlow
03-27-2012, 06:29 AM
That's a bit of a stretch. They aren't trying to control women's reproductive rights or remove any rights from homosexuals.

Everything in Canada is more "left" than the republicans in the USofA.

I'm a fiscal conservative and the mess the PC party has made of the finances of this province make me certain I'm voting Wildrose.
I hope to have a sign on my lawn within a couple weeks.

71car2
03-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Haven't voted for a long time ... not sure if I would this year. Frankly, really had no faith in their word spoken since then. At least the Conservatives did some decent points done ... but I still won't trust anyway at all.

Wildrose? Hmm... wait and see maybe - is my time worth it? :dunno: