PDA

View Full Version : One way ticket to the USA?

Cooked Rice
03-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Anyone ever had any issues with flying to the States with a 1 way ticket, and then hitching a ride back home via road trip with some friends?

I want to join some friends for Wuste in Vegas this June, but may not be able to get time off to join them for the 2 day road trip down.

Grogador
03-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Been thru US customs in YYC at least 40 times, they've checked my itinerary once. Should be all good, especially if you've traveled before, don't look like a hobo and aren't going to work. They'll ask how long you're going for, no need to go into detail, just be honest if they ask specifics, cuz if you lie you'll get denied.

CanmoreOrLess
03-27-2012, 05:03 AM
As long as you have a credit card, a hotel name in Vegas and as stated, dress better than a hobo, all should be well.

lasimmon
03-27-2012, 06:45 AM
I flew to pheonix got picked by a friend. Hit Vegas etc. drove home. They only asked why I had a 1 way, what I did for work, what my plan was etc.

Godfuader
03-27-2012, 10:06 AM
All they want to know is that you will return to Canada. I did plenty of one-ways in the past years, flying and driving. Bring documents such as your most recent pay-stub, rent/mortgage statement, car title, electric bill, etc. This just shows that you have a life to return to in Canada. Small hassle of gathering this stuff is worth you not be worried. 99% chance you will be waved right through.

BeyondNewB
03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
we flew one way on Air Canada and returned on Westjet, they didnt say anything at all.

hurrdurr
03-27-2012, 10:11 AM
You shouldn't have any problems, just be honest.

I've flown to pick up cars, and they didn't really get into much detail, just told them how long i'll be gone for and that was about it

ToyoTiresCanada
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree with the other responses but remember each agent uses their own judgment when deciding who to admit. If you get a agent having a bad day you could be delayed. As previously stated be up front and have supporting documents. Good luck!!