PDA

View Full Version : Newest gen Accord Sedan.

inspire
02-02-2004, 12:02 AM
What does everyone think about the newest generation accord sedan compared to the new altima?
or any other suggestions for around 33k that is 4 doors?

thx

Aleks
02-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by inspire
What does everyone think about the newest generation accord sedan compared to the new altima?
or any other suggestions for around 33k that is 4 doors?

thx

I think the fully loaded Accord is a bit more refined than the Altima. As for other suggestions
Mazda 6?

inspire
02-02-2004, 01:10 AM
hmm, i am looking more at the 3.5SE, it looks like a great car....
i really like it, does anyone have any experiences with it?

Aleks
02-02-2004, 01:13 AM
hmm, i am looking more at the 3.5SE, it looks like a great car....
i really like it, does anyone have any experiences with it?

If you do make sure you get the manual. Blast to drive. Anyways you can check out www.altimas.net for reviews and such

inspire
02-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Anyone have a new accord???

A2VR6
02-02-2004, 11:46 PM
I dont know why, but i dont seem to like the styling of the new accord. But i've test drove the Mazda 6 and the Altima and both cars a are blast to drive. I question the Altima's build quality (espeically the interior) but if you dont really care about interior materials then the Altima is an excellent car. The Mazda 6 seems like it doesnt have quite the pickup as the Altima, but it does everything well in my opinion and you can go wrong with either car.

inspire
02-03-2004, 12:02 AM
hmm...
the altima is a FAST car, expecially the 3.5SE with a Manual Tranny.

I like the interior and the value of the accord, but i think the ass is UGLY

Hash_man
02-03-2004, 12:29 AM
Accord all the way... and about it being ugly, throw on some rims, and it looks damn good!

The accord is way more refined than the Altima, which i think nissan cheaped out on the interior, and the V6 accord is much quicker, and a lot quieter than the Mazda 6.

When my dad was looking at a new car, he considered all three of these. The altima was out right away because of little details he didnt like,a nd the fact that he has had bad experiences with Nissans. Next, the Mazda 6 was very impressive.. and then we took it out for a drive. Even though it was the V6 model, it didn't seem to have the power they claimed, and the cabin was very noisey inside.

Next up was the accord, which was a very impressive car, more inside, because i think it does not have the best exterior looks.
The accord rode very nicely, and had quite a bit of power.

My dad was prepared to buy an accord V6, and then we drove the '03 TL-S.. well, he ended up buying one of those, it ends up being more money, but is an awesome car.

Hope this helps you out.

inspire
02-03-2004, 01:30 AM
thanks for the help!!

so the 7th gen accord doesnt have Navigation as an option right?

RSeXy
02-03-2004, 02:09 AM
Yes I have a New accord V6 in my family. IMO it is not a nice looking car, but very roomy and comfy to sit in. I've driven it once and there is lots of giv'er!

What about the TSX or TL? They look much nicer!

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 02:24 AM
id go for the accord for sure. why?

-accord is faster
-altima has altezzas
-accord styling wont go out of style the way the altima will
-accord had a nicer interior

and i am pretty sure that u can get navi. with the accord.

the altima costs less, but u get what u pay for.

Xtrema
02-03-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm a 03 3.5SE owner. I also test drove the rest of the usual suspects: Accord, Mazda 6, Camry. Here's how I rank them.

#4 Camry:
Boring. Even with the SE which promise sportiness but none can be found in this car. Powerplant has been upgraded since I last tested it but the styling has mid-age guy image all over. It's a real grocery getter.

#3 Mazda 6:
Powerplant and lack of interior volume is at issue here. For about $1K more than similarly equipped Accord/Altima, it's priced wrong. Powerplant is weakest of the bunch but handling is best of the group. Just like the Altima, the interior material is questionable in the price range. Looks good but feels cheap. But I gotta give them credit for the styling.

#2 Accord:
Styling didn't do it for me. what pissed me off is the grill, rear quarter styling and granny auto shifter, otherwise it's a great ride with nice interior.

#1 Altima:
Stylish, powerful and handles great. But that's pretty much it. It's not as refine as Accord and interior is simply not up to par. But you know what? It's still worth it since this is the cheapest car you can buy with a VQ in it. Nothing else in this group give you shit your pants experience like the VQ will. It's edgy styling is also refreshing although more cars are copying it's style (Maxima, Galant, Ion, Mazda 3) now which it originally copy from Lexus GS.

To me, Altima and Accord are pretty close. If you don't mind the styling, Accord is a better ride. But it's ugliness is what stop me from owning one. Beauty is objective tho.

If you do decide on an Altima, keep this in mind. A mid-life 05 change is coming in Sep. With it comes new interior design/upgrade, a new 5sp manumatic (a la Maxima) and minor exterior changes (the dreaded Nissan "tooth" grill). The interior will look more like the current Maxima and GPS will be an option (at least in US). You can download the 05 Altima user manual from Nissan and have a quick look. If you like what you see, wait for 05 or you may get some major discount on 04s getting closer to summer.

As for TSX and TL, they are out of price range of this group @ $38K and $43K. TSX is a nice all around ride but @ 170lb/ft hauling over 3300lbs, it's just not enough. TL is excellent if you do have extra $10K to throw in over an Accord/Altima.

Xtrema
02-03-2004, 11:13 AM
thanks for the help!!

so the 7th gen accord doesnt have Navigation as an option right?

Not in Canada. IMO GPS for Canadian cities are pretty lame and not even close to be useful anyway. It's just an expensive wallpaper for your car.

And unless you live in Vancouver or GTA, you should know most of the roads in your city.

sputnik
02-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
What about the TSX or TL? They look much nicer!

Completely different price point.

Do you have any concept money?

benyl
02-03-2004, 01:01 PM
don't get a Mazda 6. Aparently the rear door are rusting already.

inspire
02-03-2004, 01:06 PM
wow, thanks a lot

max_boost
02-03-2004, 01:48 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/101056/article.html

Edmunds did a comparison test and maybe this will help your decision. Good luck:thumbsup:

RSeXy
02-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Completely different price point.

Do you have any concept money?

As far as I know, the TSX is pretty close to the Accord's price. The TL is more, I'll admit that. I do have a concept OF money, but no I do not have concept money. :rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
[B]Altima:
Nothing else in this group give you shit your pants experience like the VQ will.
u can shit your pants all u want, but the accord ex v6 coupe is still a faster car and as for looks...have u seen a coupe with the factory aero kit?

Aleks
02-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

u can shit your pants all u want, but the accord ex v6 coupe is still a faster car and as for looks...have u seen a coupe with the factory aero kit?

I believe he is comparing sedans... when you compare the accord sedan to the altima, the altima is faster.

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by altima

I believe he is comparing sedans... when you compare the accord sedan to the altima, the altima is faster. hmm i should learn to read.

Xtrema
02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
yeah, 6sp AV6 coupe is faster but I believe we're comparing sedans here which there's no manual option for Accord and (although hard to find) 5sp for Altima.

Performance with the 2 are similar.

0-60 (auto/manual)
Altima = 7.3/6.7
Accord = 7.9/(na)

Punch come sooner for Altima and later for Accord which is natural accounting Altima has extra 500cc of displacment.

There're very little to hate about the Accord except for exterior style but that's enough to turn me off.