PDA

View Full Version : Just saw a 13 year old crash

sk65guy
03-30-2012, 01:16 AM
So just about 30mins ago in the NE, i was getting ready for bed it was super hot in my room and i decided to open the window a bit. As i was doing this i heard screeching tires and out of no where a silver chrysler smoked the stop sign and fire hydrant 40feet from my house. Than a girl gets out of the driver side crying and a male gets out of the passenger seat grabs her, tells her to "STFU" than either he punched her or threw her to the ground (i was to far away and it was to dark to tell).

Than while i was on the phone with 911 the male jumps into the driver seat backs up the car running over the stop sign again, than decides to put it into drive and smokes the fire hydrant again. By this time i was outside and trying to help his girl who was bleeding from her mouth and claiming her jaw was broken, while i was outside helping her the driver drove around my block 3 times and did about 5 burnouts in that time. While waiting for the cops and EMS i was talking to his girl and i find out shes 13 years old totally drunk out of her mind, she was with 2 other guys that she said she didn't know, plus she had snuck out her moms car. She also mentioned how they crashed because she was trying to get the two guys out of her car and they wouldn't and she lost control. ANYWAYSS...

it was just a messed up how everything played out. :eek: I just sat there wondering what the need was for 5 burn outs after your just crashed your car into a fire hydrant going at least 50/60 km/h.

HomespunLobster
03-30-2012, 01:26 AM
pics or it didn't happen

sk65guy
03-30-2012, 01:30 AM
ill take some tomorrow of the stop sign and fire hydrant

redpod65
03-30-2012, 01:33 AM
was this in castleridge? I saw a bunch of police and an EMS on my way home like 20 minutes ago. If that's what happened then :facepalm:

Unknown303
03-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Ah the NE never lets us down.

dirtsniffer
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
hhaha dat shit cray

GTS4tw
03-30-2012, 08:32 AM
I saw the thread title and figured you had been watching some of trev0006 videos

MalibuStacy
03-30-2012, 08:34 AM
How old was the guy in the car?
Doesn't matter I guess, he is still scum.

Tik-Tok
03-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by sk65guy

He meant the girl :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
03-30-2012, 08:41 AM
And than what happened?! :eek:

03ozwhip
03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
And than what happened?! :eek:

LOL nice...

Disoblige
03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
I saw the thread title and figured you had been watching some of trev0006 videos
LOL!

wardpr68
03-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Are their parents complete morons? If I tried anything like this when that age I would be sent away forever. In fact, there is no possible way I would have even been able to get myself INTO that situation. Are parents REALLY this incompetent?

n1zm0
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Are their parents complete morons? If I tried anything like this when that age I would be sent away forever. In fact, there is no possible way I would have even been able to get myself INTO that situation. Are parents REALLY this incompetent?

hell yes parents fault, preteen/teen parents this day and age for the most part are so blind, i did steal my parents car when i was 14 to drive down the block to the sev, ridiculous yes, but it never crossed my mind to get wasted AND drive my parents car to the sev because i had the foresight to see the first thing was already retardedly dangerous and illegal. anyways there could be 'more' to this girls story though who knows.

if this happened to me when i was 14 i would've been banned from life and driving even longer, not only by the government but by my parents.

03ozwhip
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
i was a bad kid, i was stealing cars at 13. it wasnt because my mom was a bad mom, or because my dad wasnt there, it was because i thought i was cool and i was having fun....til i got caught and i was sent away.

theyll learn someday once they get caught. not that everyone learns from their mistakes, but every once in a while a moronic kid turns their shit around.

my .02

Disoblige
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
i was a bad kid, i was stealing cars at 13. it wasnt because my mom was a bad mom, or because my dad wasnt there, it was because i thought i was cool and i was having fun....til i got caught and i was sent away.

So what was it that caused you to think it was cool to do those things if it wasn't at least partially because your father wasn't there and/or you had a bad mother? Not trying to put you on the line or anything, just curious.

schocker
03-30-2012, 09:43 AM
the driver drove around my block 3 times and did about 5 burnouts in that time.
This was the funniest part for me, I wish you had a video.
13 drunk driving at 7:30 in the morning. Classic NE gold :rofl:

CanmoreOrLess
03-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

So what was it that caused you to think it was cool to do those things if it wasn't at least partially because your father wasn't there and/or you had a bad mother? Not trying to put you on the line or anything, just curious.

I recall a kid in my grade seven class (might have been held back a couple of times), one winter day I was walking to school and a semi pulls up (cab only), driver rolls down window and I can see it is my classmate. He asked to borrow my gloves, I gave them to him as he was the coolest and baddest kid in school. Was my bud until he "left" school, no idea where he went but he loved to steal cars and trucks. He said it was a challenge and I must admit it did seem the ultimate thing to get away with. Too bad school was not pressing the right buttons for a challenge. Kid came from a good home, just the way it goes.

03ozwhip
03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

the fact that i was told to not do these things by my mother tells me she at least cared a little bit lol my mom was always there for me when i needed her, but i was pretty independant.

i wont deny that i didnt learn a ton of things because my dad wasnt there, but i wasnt acting ot because he wasnt there, i was acting out because it was fun.

i dunno the real reasons but i just wanted to be one of the cool kids and thats what all the cool kids were doing where i came from( NE LOL) and to show people in the neighborhood that i didnt give a fuck, that i was the tough bad ass, thats what was cool to me.....little did i think that i would actually get caught one day.

just because kids are bad, doesnt mean their parents are bad, it could mean a million different things, but alot of these bad kids come from good homes. my brother in law grew up with everything he ever wanted and every chance in the world, he has good parens and a good home and he is a fuck up.

:dunno:

spikerS
03-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Jeff Foxworthy said it best:

Just once I want to see a kid go on T.V. and say: "You know, Mom was great, Dad was great, I am just a shit head!"

ercchry
03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
we had one family on the street back in the day, 3 kids. the one that was my age use to steal his dad's car all the time when he was 14/15 and go drive around downtown throwing pennies at hookers till one day a pimp chased him and he crashed into a curb :rofl:

now 10 years later, the most recent story i heard was he got busted in a high speed pursuit... i figure he is in jail now, cause chances are he was on parole before the incident...

bad parents? well at age 21 his younger brother owns a house and has not been in jail. his older sister is getting married in a few months, also never been in trouble with the law... so yeah, just a demon child :rofl:

sk65guy
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know how much you can blame the parents when there 13 year old steals the car. Than again you never really know what happened or the full story behind everything.
she did mention, she didn't know the two guys.

J-hop
03-30-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know how much you can blame the parents when there 13 year old steals the car. Than again you never really know what happened or the full story behind everything.

i don't know man, I am a firm believe that you are not born with morals your are taught them. You can claim your kid just doesn't listen but chances are its because you aren't telling it to them right!

Sure kids make mistakes but from the description of the situation this wasn't just some innocent mistake its just a symptom of her behavior which could probably easily be traced back to a poor up bringing....

Graham_A_M
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Okay, but being drunk at that age is already a serious red flag; then some how thinking it was (even remotely) a wise idea to get behind the wheel; or at least let a couple goofs you dont even know do so is the deal breaker right there. I dont think any kid would know WTF to do while being drunk at that young age, but getting behind the wheel of a parents stolen car is totally unacceptable.

Doing something as stupid as driving at that age is one thing (thats a given) but letting a couple goofs that she doesn't know off the street do so as well really makes me wonder.

There are just so many wrongs in that whole situation....
like fuck... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I could say Im amazed; but this isn't that odd for the NE.

I seriously hope this is a *huge* wake up call for her parents.

georgemagana
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Its cuz white parents are too good to kids, remember Russell Peters and his white parents video? just kidding lol
But honestly I cant even imagine the consequenses if I did that to my parents. Hope she is ok!

Tik-Tok
03-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

i don't know man, I am a firm believe that you are not born with morals your are taught them. You can claim your kid just doesn't listen but chances are its because you aren't telling it to them right!

Sure kids make mistakes but from the description of the situation this wasn't just some innocent mistake its just a symptom of her behavior which could probably easily be traced back to a poor up bringing....

Obviously this thread is going to turn into another huge child rearing debate, but...

You can't blame EVERYTHING on parents. They are NOT the only influence on their kids. Especially in this day and age. You can teach your kid every moral fiber you know, and every ethic, but all it takes is peer pressure, and some kids from parents that didn't do that. Next thing you know, you're 13 year old is drunk, and driving a stolen car.

Graham_A_M
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
^ I think only an imbecile would attempt to sling ALL her actions as a result of bad-parenting.

Its not the least bit hard to find countless (and I mean countless) examples of kids that have grown up with some of the worst parents imaginable and ended up being absolutely incredible human beings.

Yet you have (roughly) as many instances such as excellent parents ending up with kids that do stupid shit such as what was mentioned in this thread; if not worse, even a lot worse.

I hope to say that most people have the depth to understand that there are an almost infinite amount of variables that can provoke or lead to child behavior such as this. Unfortunately due to the nature of this incident we'll likely never know the full details behind it, but Im sure there are a ton of things that you cant take or relate to on mere face value. Who knows whats *really* going on, or what would have caused this. :dunno:

Any parent can instill all the proper moral values & ethics on their child, but at the same time its wholly the kids decision as to whether they agree with them; or whether they choose to adopt them.... and thats kind of the wild card that few people really take into consideration in terms of instances like this.

She's 13, not 6. I think there are a lot of other factors other then parenting thats going on that may have caused this.

Xtrema
03-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Worse penthouse letter ever!

sexualbanana
03-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ I think only an imbecile would attempt to sling ALL her actions as a result of bad-parenting.

Its not the least bit hard to find countless (and I mean countless) examples of kids that have grown up with some of the worst parents imaginable and ended up being absolutely incredible human beings.

Yet you have (roughly) as many instances such as excellent parents ending up with kids that do stupid shit such as what was mentioned in this thread; if not worse, even a lot worse.

I hope to say that most people have the depth to understand that there are an almost infinite amount of variables that can provoke or lead to child behavior such as this. Unfortunately due to the nature of this incident we'll likely never know the full details behind it, but Im sure there are a ton of things that you cant take or relate to on mere face value. Who knows whats *really* going on, or what would have caused this. :dunno:

Any parent can instill all the proper moral values & ethics on their child, but at the same time its wholly the kids decision as to whether they agree with them; or whether they choose to adopt them.... and thats kind of the wild card that few people really take into consideration in terms of instances like this.

She's 13, not 6. I think there are a lot of other factors other then parenting thats going on that may have caused this.

That's what I was going to say. Besides, I don't think it's possible to tell kids everything they shouldn't be doing. Imagine what you'd think if you heard a parent tell their 13 year old kid:

Son/Daughter.... Don't drink. And Don't drink."

You'd probably laugh a little and tell them they're overreacting because the kid won't even be driving for a few years.

WithTheLightsOn
03-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Bad parents or not, Ice Cube said it best...
0oJM22XG5hc

zarge
03-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Uhhhhh, any news article on this??? Lol

Zigo
03-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Gosh, I was playing soccer and collecting Pokemons at 13.

sk65guy
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by zarge
Uhhhhh, any news article on this??? Lol

Nope there is no news story on this, everything happened within a span of like 45mins to 1hour and no one from any news source was there.

On another note, the stop sign that was knocked over during the crash is just laying there on the side.... is the city responsible to take care of this? what happens if there is a another accident because someone new to the area isn't aware of the stop sign?? who would be at fault ??

desi112
04-03-2012, 12:25 PM
To the people playing the blame game. This world is not euphoric, things do not work in harmony. Too many factors to many variables that you ARE NOT aware of. We don't knwo the childrens past or their parents history. We don't know what kind of ailgments have efflicted this folks (drugs etc.), mental disability.

Kids of this sort normally reside in "homes", foster care or in care of the state. They need help.

chkolny541
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM

....*whistles*.......