PDA

View Full Version : Negotiate with Lowes on appliances?

Thaco
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Anybody had any success negotiating with Lowes on appliances?

They have a washer/Dryer pair I want to buy in the near future, it's a Samsung set, "retail" is about $3k for the pair, they have it on sale right now for $2200 for the pair.... but i know they had them on boxing day for $1500 for the same thing...
any advice for negotiating? will they move at all? anybody work there or have a friend there that can help me out?

Unfortunately it looks like this pair is basically exclusive to Lowes, cant find any other local places that sell em.

bituerbo
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Semi-related;

I held Home Depot to their online price for a water heater (was $120 more expensive in store). Site even says "Price and availability may vary by store." but I pressed the issue with the store manager in the nicest possible way, until he conceded. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/hotpoint-40-gallon-natural-gas-water-heater-6-yr-warranty-36000-btu/903008

Often for a boxing day deal, the manufacturer will sell the product to the retailer at a lower cost. Just because it was $1500 around boxing day, doesn't mean they can still sell to you for the amount and still turn a profit. You have nothing to lose in trying, just stay positive, make the experience a positive one for whoever you end up dealing with... will greatly help your chances.

Thaco
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Semi-related;

I held Home Depot to their online price for a water heater (was $120 more expensive in store). Site even says "Price and availability may vary by store." but I pressed the issue with the store manager in the nicest possible way, until he conceded. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/hotpoint-40-gallon-natural-gas-water-heater-6-yr-warranty-36000-btu/903008

Often for a boxing day deal, the manufacturer will sell the product to the retailer at a lower cost. Just because it was $1500 around boxing day, doesn't mean they can still sell to you for the amount and still turn a profit. You have nothing to lose in trying, just stay positive, make the experience a positive one for whoever you end up dealing with... will greatly help your chances. yeah i dont expect to get the boxing day price, but they have got to have some wiggle room, i just cant bring myself to pay $2200 for something i know others got for much cheaper...
gonna go back there in a bit here and see if i can talk to a manager or something, see if he can wiggle a bit...
either that or i'll just wait and keep an eye on prices, there is a lower set i'd take if the price is right, a few other stores sell the same one, and lowes price match policy is 10% off the entire price if you find it lower elsewhere, so that policy would be pretty good for these things.

Thaco
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Thnaks for the messages and comments on this, i ended up getting the Samsung 431 series from lowes, negotiating was nto an option, but after a little creative price matching, i got it for $1850 for the pair. (plus tax)