PDA

View Full Version : Best destinations for Solo Travelers

KimChigrl
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Any good destinations for a solo traveler?

I'm a young single female, and I'd like to take a vacation only by myself. Somewhere warm with a beach.

I'm wondering if anyone has good suggestions

Looking to go around September/October

Type_S1
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
1. Thailand! :clap:

Then the rest of SE Asia...lots of tour groups and young people to meet up with.

2. Croatia...some of the nicest beaches in the world and lots of ppl speak english.

JfuckinC
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
in before beyond creeps..............

edit: i can second thailand and tour groups though, i know people (boys and girls) that have done it solo and made friends!

KimChigrl
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Thailand would be awesome, but I'd be a bit afraid to go there and travel alone. I've heard sketchy things happening to young solo female travelers.

KimChigrl
04-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Croatia looks like paradise

Swank
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Croatia is paradise, cheap too. I went a few years ago, rented a car and drove all over the country. Very friendly and felt super safe (me and the g/f), lots of beuatiful sites and the food and beer is awesome.

http://www.widerange.org/images/large/plitvickaJezera.jpg

TL911
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
come with me and we can make it a couples vacation :poosie: lol im joking...look for the adults only (21+) resorts in the mexico/carribean area. That's what im looking for right now and there suppose to be really fun and safe :)

KimChigrl
04-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Mexico seems kinda dirty?

msommers
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Travel along the Med. I did last summer and it was amazing and very safe.

yourmom
04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
It is funny I have been trying to think of a place to travel solo to as well.

It totally depends on the experience you are looking for, and how long you are going. I have had a great time solo in hostels in Asia, but I don't think it would be worth the trip for a one week holiday.

Has anyone been to Panama?

2.2vtec
04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
care for a travelling partner?

kvg
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
^to where, her bedroom to out do her neighbors?

PROBLEM SOLVED!!:clap:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UdER_dJvhnk/Td3PhzHqy1I/AAAAAAAAAEk/9Zfj_5eyEBU/s1600/Testosteroso-ugly+girl.jpg

eblend
04-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by KimChigrl
Mexico seems kinda dirty?

That's what I thought until I went there a few month back. Awesome place. Stay at an adult resort if you don't like to be bothered by kids. My wife and I stayed at Live Aqua (adult resort) when we went and had a blast. Lots of sweet places to take day trips to as well, part of organized groups (we did zipline, swimming in a sinkhole and offroad buggy thing) We are definatelly going to go back again sometime.

From all the places I have travelled in the world, Japan is by far the one that felt the safest (nevermind the natural disaster), but if you go to Okinawa a little earlier, like august, it would be very warm and ton of bitches, and you can drive the whole island in like 2 hours. Roads right be the ocean...fantastic :) And super chill, no problem if you never drove on the other side of the road, I haven't either but it was so relaxing there that noone is going to rush you if you make a mistake.

msommers
04-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by eblend

go to Okinawa a little earlier, like august, it would be very warm and ton of bitches,

Hell ya! Off to Japan I go

CompletelyNumb
04-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Australia. Huge backpacker destination.

eblend
04-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Hell ya! Off to Japan I go

haha, damn, note to self, after spending 14 hours studying for CCNA in one day, do not go to beyond...

there are lots of good looking girls there for sure, but I meant beaches

JRSC00LUDE
04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
edit - won't feed the troll.

coldmind
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
How about Australia? English speaking and tonnes of beaches.... although September/October might be a bit cool for Gold Coast. Head to Cairns (Four Mile beach) will be much warmer:

http://www.wikiaustralia.com/articles/australias-best-beaches/