PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Tuners (LSA)

Wannago
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm going to swap out the upper pulley on my (2009) CTS-V. I can get a mail order tune to load with an SCT handheld, but was looking to have a proper dyno tune done.

I called Davenport, and they won't tune my car with just a pulley. They are worried about the potential for damage to the engine resulting from the extra heat. In order for them to tune my car with a pulley mod, I would have to have them install: headers, full exhaust, and a heat exchanger, all to the tune (no pun intended) of over $8K.

I can appreciate their position, but from the various other forums I frequent, I know there are thousands of V owners running just an upper pulley, CAI, with a tune, and the engine is perfectly safe.

So, I wanted to ask if there are any other places in town that are experienced with LSx engines and that are competent and able to safely tune my car, including the tranny.

Thanks

Hallowed_point
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I would contact Toma..:burnout:

www.dynomotive.ca

4DoorGTZ
04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Or Reg at RCTS, he worked on my 05 V wich is a supercharged LS6. I'm still meaning to go back for a tune when I get my new 90mm TB installed. He installed my headers/exhasut/cutouts.

I'm pretty sure anyone who is busy enough will try to get you to do all the supporting mods like Davenport suggested. To them it might not be worth the hassle unless they get the extra for all they recommend (weather neaded or not) Other shops might/should do it for ya but will probably not be too forthcoming on warranty should something else happen as a result.

Wannago
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
thanks 4DoorGTZ. Will check him out as well.