PDA

View Full Version : How to find old car

Hage69
04-02-2012, 10:13 PM
So I am trying to find my old car that was a theft recovory, and I'm just wondering where or who my insurance would've sold it to. I've tried all auctions in all of Alberta and from the day insurance took the car away, and up to 3 months after. I just want to know if beyond would have an idea of where they get sent to for auctions from wawanessa?

Graham_A_M
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
You can try Calgary Salvage & disposal if you haven't already, same with the police auction at www.calgaryparking.ca Those are about all I can suggest. Thing is though, most wont give you the contact info of whoever buys as part of the privacy act, so you're kind of up shit creek.
It would almost help if you knew someone at the registry who can do a VIN trace for you.

G-ZUS
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
They usually go to Impact and it would depend where the theif ditched it. Say they ditch it in Saskatchewan it will go to auction there.

Hage69
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
They usually go to Impact and it would depend where the theif ditched it. Say they ditch it in Saskatchewan it will go to auction there.

They ditched it right by 16th and deerfoot. I tried all of the recent auction dates and no luck

G-ZUS
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Impact usually has the pics up every friday. Sometimes they take a while to show up on the auction block. Are you trying to buy it back?

racerjim
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Wawanesa claims go to calgary salvage ( i work for them) what kind of car/ color etc was it, and when was it recovered???

Hage69
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by racerjim
Wawanesa claims go to calgary salvage ( i work for them) what kind of car/ color etc was it, and when was it recovered???

It was an 01 Honda accord sedan it was like a purple silver color. Had about 165ish km if that matters. It was recovered on the 15th of October

racerjim
04-04-2012, 07:01 AM
I can ask but thats a pretty common car and it was a long time ago.

racerjim
04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I had no luck. They did sell it but i don't know who bought it. Maybe pull up a carfax if you've got the VIN

If it was trashed it may have gone to the crusher as well.

Hage69
04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by racerjim
I had no luck. They did sell it but i don't know who bought it. Maybe pull up a carfax if you've got the VIN

If it was trashed it may have gone to the crusher as well.

Thanks anyways. But if I do have the vin and if I do a carproof/carfax, would it show anything but the city it was registered in?

Graham_A_M
04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
^ Carfax cant offer that level of records as it begins to work against the privacy laws at some point. If everybody with Carfax could do a VIN search and find out where any Aston Martin, Lambo (etc) is registered too think of the problems that would create.

Like I said if you have a friend that can work behind the scenes at a registry; he can find it for you that way. Same with the CPS, as they both have access to the vehicle registry, to find out who owns what and where its registered.

But both can warrant a pretty big smack on the hands if caught, so it would have to be a friend pulling some strings for you since nobody you dont know would risk doing that.

G-ZUS
04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Why are you trying to find it back? Buy it back? Those stock accords are a dime a dozen

Hage69
04-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Carfax cant offer that level of records as it begins to work against the privacy laws at some point. If everybody with Carfax could do a VIN search and find out where any Aston Martin, Lambo (etc) is registered too think of the problems that would create.

Like I said if you have a friend that can work behind the scenes at a registry; he can find it for you that way. Same with the CPS, as they both have access to the vehicle registry, to find out who owns what and where its registered.

But both can warrant a pretty big smack on the hands if caught, so it would have to be a friend pulling some strings for you since nobody you dont know would risk doing that.

Ya i thought that's how it would be. I guess I'm shit outta luck because I don't know anyone who works at registries.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
Why are you trying to find it back? Buy it back? Those stock accords are a dime a dozen

Because I want to buy it. Because there's not a lot of those Accords in the color I had that come up on Kijiji or any other sites.

Graham_A_M
04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
^ For the amount of shit you'll have to go through to end up with your old EXACT car again; I'd say broaden your search parameters on Kijiji to include all of B.C., all of Alberta, Sask, Manitoba (etc). There are many cars & bikes that Im *KILLING* myself for selling; but realistically I'll never get them back in any legal manner so I stopped trying. There are many ultra rare cars, trucks and bikes that I simple cannot find here in Alberta, but are in decent supply in Ontario or the greater Vancouver area. Some damn good deals on Ebay too if you didn't have a problem bringing up a rust free southern car. :dunno:

Just something to consider. I know the Accord (like other vehicles) came in some rare colors, but not so rare that if you look long and hard you wont find at least a couple to choose from in a month or less. ;)

G-ZUS
04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Hage69

Ya i thought that's how it would be. I guess I'm shit outta luck because I don't know anyone who works at registries.

Because I want to buy it. Because there's not a lot of those Accords in the color I had that come up on Kijiji or any other sites.

You're better off looking on Kijiji for another one to pop up. My co-worker had one on Kijiji last week, 01 with 230K in mint shape for 3200 and he wanted it gone. Not sure if it's still up there.

G-ZUS
04-21-2012, 01:56 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2002-Honda-Accord-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ373407418