PDA

View Full Version : wireless printer goes offline after I power cycle my router

nagooro
04-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Bought a samsung all in one printer a few weeks ago. It seems that whenever I power cycle my router the printer stops working wirelessly, and goes offline. (I'm not resetting the router, just powering it down and then back up).

The only way to fix it is to install the wireless again using the CD.

I will be calling samsung tomorrow, but thought id ask on here if anyone knew what was going on.

The printer is using a static IP address. Is there anything in my router settings I should be looking at? The printer connects to my network without any issues, but for whatever reason the printer goes offline after a power cycle and won't communicate with any of the computers.

Its almost as if my network sort of "forgets" the printer.

Thanks

revelations
04-03-2012, 12:35 AM
does the printer have a energy saving option?

nagooro
04-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by revelations
does the printer have a energy saving option?
yes, have played around with that as well.

I bought this samsung printer because I was having the exact same issue with a lexmark printer prior to this one. I called lexmark support on 3 separate occasions and even they couldn't fix it. So figured okay, maybe its the printer giving me problems. But now I am having the same problem with this samsung printer. So im fairly sure its something to do with my router and not the printer itself..? Just not sure what...

I did switch from a linksys router to a dlink, so I will try swapping them and see if that fixes it.