PDA

View Full Version : Simple Ribs?

eiysa101
04-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Got a rack of ribs and basic ingredients.

Do not want to use a bbq (but do have a grill pan) or have it take longer than 1 hr.

What's the best option?

Boil then throw on a grill pan?
Bake the entire time covered with foil?
Grill pan sear and then bake?

Like I said, im just looking to use s/p and store bought bbq sauce.

dirtsniffer
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
boil -> broil -> sauce -> broil -> eaet

ExtraSlow
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
If you only have an hour, you are going to need to boil those ribs. That can get you the "fall-off-the-bone" texture, if that's what you are into.

If you have all day, a slow cooker is ideal for easy ribs, and in my opinion, gives better flavour.

Smoking or "true BBQ" would be the best, but that takes time and effort.

eiysa101
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
how long do you boil the ribs for? and how long do you stick them on heat?

salt the water?

ercchry
04-03-2012, 03:46 PM
pressure cook

Tezzating
04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Boil them with 1/4 to 1/2 a bottle of *cheap* BBQ sauce, get some flavour into the meat. I find 15-30 minutes does the trick. Sauce them up, then into the oven for 20-30 minutes. Some folks prefer them crispy, so bake then sauce for that sort of texture. Either way, dont cover them up.

when boiling I prefer to slice them individually instead of trying to do the whole rack, far easier to fit into a pot especially if you want to do more than one rack or dont have a big stewing pot.

Ideally I like to bake a few whole racks for 2 hours with brown sugar, then cover with BBQ sauce and hit a hot grill both sides for 5 minutes for that BBQ'd flavour.

r3ccOs
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
if they are back ribs...

remove the membrane
put a quick rub on it or just season it

take a cookie sheet

put the rack on, bone side down

then use some apple juice add to the pan, to the point where it just touches the bone

cover the whole pan with tin foil and put into an oven at 325 for about an hour - hour and half (dependant on size of racks)

then uncover - drain water and sauce, then put it back in for another 45.... and you`re done

by not boiling, you don`t lose any flavor potentially to the water