PDA

View Full Version : NHL Trades

Pages : 1 [2]

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 11:35 AM
actually that jozef bejel or whatever hsi name is like a ribereo in the making.

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Yeah I just saw that, obviously Rangers are trying to unload a little, maybe they've realized that unfortunately they wont make the playoffs again this year.

Anyways that Gonchar deal should happen any hour now, I'm hoping Leafs but you never know.

spoke to soon man.

Boston
Gonchar

Washington
Shaone Morrisonn
1st round
2nd roung draft picks 2004.

Gondi Stylez
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

i dont understand why they would do that :dunno: morris is a great young d-man and abisher (fuck i cant spell) is doing just fine

umm ye moriss is a really good d-man but they dont REALLY need goncahr and now wont get him cuz hes in b-town! but still i dont think abeisher has what it takes to win that team the cup! that is their goal this year and you can tell! im not syaing that if he is in goal that CANT win it but i think a vetern guy that can come in a play a decent game and possibly steal a period or 2 is what the avs need! abs in a good goalie but when the avs start to "re-build" then abs might get his shot.. who knows when he played in hersehey (AHL) they all said he could quite possibly be the next patrick roy! IMO the BEST BEST goalie to ever play the game! :thumbsup: roy and good luck abeisher!

just persoanlly i think the avs shoul dget a goalie cuz if they dont win or make the finals this year then they will unload a few high end players and start with a very good young that has experience with the "better" half of the veteren guys!

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Dammit I really wanted the Leafs to get him.

Oh well, now the wait is on for Leetch

RiCE-DaDDy
03-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Leetch to LEAFS!!!!

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 08:24 PM
i think toronto paid alot for leetch

Maxim Kondratiev and Jarko Immonen
1st round 2004
2nd round 2005

////

Edmonton
Nedved and Markkanen

New York Rangers
Dwight Helminen
Stephen Valiquette
2nd round 2004

ryder_23
03-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I heard Lindros to calgary for fourth round pick :dunno:

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 08:28 PM
WOOOOOOO LEETCH TO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!

Man I didn't expect the Rangers to unload like this. This is a good thread guys, lets keep it going till the trade deadline:thumbsup:

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
rangers are actually unloading and preparing for their future, never seen that coming haha.

i dunno if calgary should really go for lindros for a 4th rounder..maybe a 5th haha. just worried about having him here then he ends up smashing his brain again and retiring to a concussion..

did you know that...........

Robert lang came into flames training camp serveral years back, but he couldn't make the cut?

wow look at him now.

A_3
03-03-2004, 08:34 PM
^the flames have been unlucky like that a couple times... St.Louis... him and Lang are atop the nhl scoring race right now, Iggy got his 33 tonight he's right in it as well. The Leafs need to stop unloading there young players and draft picks, they are getting extremely old and in a few years may become a bottem feeder without young talent to keep the system flowing.

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by A_3
^the flames have been unlucky like that a couple times... St.Louis... him and Lang are atop the nhl scoring race right now, Iggy got his 33 tonight he's right in it as well. The Leafs need to stop unloading there young players and draft picks, they are getting extremely old and in a few years may become a bottem feeder without young talent to keep the system flowing.

but you can't really blame them..well you can blame the past GMs making stupid draft picks haha.

but at times some players just need a different enviroment to work in.

A_3
03-03-2004, 10:57 PM
You can't blame them at all, i was just stating they were unlucky, every player needs different things to motivate them to reach there potential, Calgary didn't have it for them, but for someone like Kipper it was perfect here, and i'm sure glad it was! :thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
03-03-2004, 11:01 PM
The Leafs are running outta time...I guess at most 3 yrs before the current era is over until they'll have to start rebuilding.

88CRX
03-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
The Leafs are running outta time...I guess at most 3 yrs before the current era is over until they'll have to start rebuilding.

leafs era.... bah..... there already too old to do anything :thumbsdow

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

I really think they will be okay. Sure guys such as Nieuwendyk, Belfore, Mogilny, and Roberts will soon have to retire, but I think the core of the team revolves around guys like Tucker, Nolan, Sundin, McCabe, and Kaberle.

Hopefully it will be a good transition so that as this group of players reach their last years of professional, guys like Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Stajan, Pilar, and Tellqvist will start to step up and continue the trend.

It's all about what goes on in the minors. During the years 2000 and 2001 everybody said Detroit was done for, but then look at what they got from guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fischer and Rivers?

I'm pretty sure the rebuilding has already begun underneathe the team, and although everybody except me hates the Leafs, I'm sure not many people can see the Leafs missing the playoffs any time in the near future.

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 11:39 PM

leafs era.... bah..... there already too old to do anything :thumbsdow

It's funny how you can say that about a team that's tied for first in the East.

I know what you'll say next so I'll save you the trouble... Lets wait till playoffs an see what happens.

88CRX
03-03-2004, 11:42 PM

It's funny how you can say that about a team that's tied for first in the East.

I know what you'll say next so I'll save you the trouble... Lets wait till playoffs an see what happens.

:thumbsup: oh we will when boston or jersey knocks them out in the first round :thumbsup: cant fuckin wait

Gondi Stylez
03-04-2004, 12:11 AM
this trade deadline is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! damn the past week has already been like it!! lindros to calgary? i heard that also... IMO woulndt be bad! if he goes hes goes.. for a 4th rounder, nothing to lose eveything to gain, hoping hes healthy! :thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
lets hope turek gets shipped out by next week haha

ninjak84
03-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
I heard Lindros to calgary for fourth round pick :dunno:

Great. Just what we need to keep our team out of the playoffs for another 10 years.
I can already see the headline next season:

"LINDROS TAKES FIRST HIT OF SEASON, DIES ON ICE SECONDS LATER"

accordboi_02
03-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
this trade deadline is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! damn the past week has already been like it!! lindros to calgary? i heard that also... IMO woulndt be bad! if he goes hes goes.. for a 4th rounder, nothing to lose eveything to gain, hoping hes healthy! :thumbsup:

Sutter has been quoted as saying that the Flames will not make any rent-a-player deals. He said that he will stick with his current lineup, and that he will not destroy the Flames' budget just to get one "marquee" player.
Personally I'd love to see Lindros in a Flames uniform; bad head or not... he was playing extremely well this year up until that hit, and seeing as how he would probably only be here for the playoffs, no big loss to the Flames.
One other problem about that though is that Lindros may bitch about having to play in Calgary, and whine that he wants to go to Toronto or nowhere.

lam-boy
03-04-2004, 11:35 AM
The Washington Capitals have traded centre Mikael Nylander to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a second-round pick in 2006 and future considerations.

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired center Jim Dowd from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a fourth round draft pick, TSN has learned.

The St. Louis Blues have traded goaltender Brent Johnson to the Phoenix Coyotes for centre Mike Sillinger.

A_3
03-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Look who just got put on waivers...:D
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74930
Hope someone claims Tureks 5million a year to get hurt and lose contract!

hockeybronx
03-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by A_3
Look who just got put on waivers...:D
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74930
Hope someone claims Tureks 5million a year to get hurt and lose contract!

I was watching NHL On The Fly about this. It probably doesn't mean that much though, it is doubtful that any other team will pick him up for his full salary.

I guess you never know though, a team may be willing to work out a deal where Calgary pays half of the rest of his salary and the other team buys the rest out.

lam-boy
03-07-2004, 02:26 AM
New York Rangers

Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and Greg Moore.

Calgary Flames

Chris Simon, 7th round pick

Dope Dealer
03-07-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
New York Rangers

Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and Greg Moore.

Calgary Flames

Chris Simon, 7th round pick

Worst trade ever..

Betts is an awesome player in my opinion. He is not superstar material, but he does the job. And McLennan is awesome too. Simon is a worn out goon.

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 02:05 PM
At first I thought getting Simon was a steal of a deal, but now that I think about it the Flames did have to give up quite a bit for him.

The big question should be, is Simon the type of player the Flames desperately needed at this time or not?

88CRX
03-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Worst trade ever..

Betts is an awesome player in my opinion. He is not superstar material, but he does the job. And McLennan is awesome too. Simon is a worn out goon.

:thumbsdow

we dumped 3 player who arent good enough to make the team and get a decent 20 goal scorer in return :dunno: i think its awesome..... simon ownz in front of the net :D

max_boost
03-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Let's strike a deal to get Cory Stillman and Martin St.Louis back haha

Someone tell what the hell is going on in T.Bay, dam are they ever hot!!

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Let's strike a deal to get Cory Stillman and Martin St.Louis back haha

Someone tell what the hell is going on in T.Bay, dam are they ever hot!!

In my opinion it's all about Chemistry. There are no real superstars on that team, just a bunch of guys who know they have to do their jobs every single night. They are coached like no other team, they have a solid 1-2 goalie system, an excellent mix of toughness and finesse in defencemen, and what can I say about their forwards:thumbsup:

Not to mention that St. Louis is a freaking maniac!

lam-boy
03-08-2004, 06:16 PM
One more day till trade deadline.

but as of NOW!

Washington Captials trade Anson Carter to the Los Angeles for Jared Aulin.

Dallas Stars Acquired defenseman Chris Therien from the Philadelphia Flyers for an eighth-round pick in the 2004 draft and a third-round pick in the 2005 draft.

Florida Acquired center Kamil Piros from the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Kyle Rossiter; assigned center Kamil Piros to San Antonio (AHL).

Philadelphia Acquired defenseman Vladimir Malakhov from the New York Rangers for right wing Rick Kozak and a second-round pick in the 2005 draft.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Calgary makes another move:

Macrus Nilson of the Panthers for a 04 2nd rnd pick

88CRX
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Flames get Marcus Nillson for a 2nd round pic next year :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fucken eh!!!!!! :D

88CRX
03-08-2004, 11:09 PM
haha.... we posted at the same time....

Barnaby is now an Avalanche.

And Grier left washingtons game half way through tonight for now reason..... so he's going somewhere :dunno:

lam-boy
03-08-2004, 11:10 PM

Worst trade ever..

At first I thought getting Simon was a steal of a deal, but now that I think about it the Flames did have to give up quite a bit for him.

The big question should be, is Simon the type of player the Flames desperately needed at this time or not?

betts = damaged goods
j-mac = damaged goods
some blue chip prospect

for a gritty forward who scored 29 goals a few years back.
simon protects his teammates, and simon is happy to play in calgary. (play-off bound team and he has friends and family here)

on another side.

New York Rangers have traded forward Matthew Barnaby and a 3rd round pick in 2004 to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris McAllister, David Liffiton and a 2nd round pick. Details to follow.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-08-2004, 11:28 PM
we should of picked up barnaby!!

R-Audi
03-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Val Bure is now a Star!

lam-boy
03-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Bertuzzi is probably gone for the rest of the season

he delievered a sucker punch to Steve Moore (guy who hit naslund and gave him a concussion and guy who hit Saprykin in the face with a stick)

moore was knocked down on the ice and blood came from his mouth.

moore had to be taken out on a stretcher.

Vancouver got owned by colorado too. 9-2
HAHHAHA

lam-boy
03-08-2004, 11:46 PM
man the trade deadline is crazy, Everyteam is making a push for a PLayoff spot.

roopi
03-09-2004, 08:56 AM
The radio was reporting that Tommy Salo and a 6th round pick was sent to Colorado for Tom Gilbert (or something like that).

88CRX
03-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by roopi
The radio was reporting that Tommy Salo and a 6th round pick was sent to Colorado for Tom Gilbert (or something like that).

yup its official :thumbsup:

also morris and someone to phoenix for gratton and ____inene (cant remember now:banghead: )

Dope Dealer
03-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Alright, I'll admit now that the Simon trade was good. He was partially responsible for all of his line's goals against Colorado. He was making room everywhere.. I thought was just washed up, but I guess not :)

Also, The Nilson trade was a steal. This guy is pretty damn good, I've seen him in action, and especially since we got him for a draft pick.. hahaha.. What a joke. He is going to be really good with the Flames I predict.

roopi
03-09-2004, 10:17 AM

yup its official :thumbsup:

also morris and someone to phoenix for gratton and ____inene (cant remember now:banghead: )

Morris??? As in Morris from the Avs?

Dope Dealer
03-09-2004, 10:21 AM

Morris??? As in Morris from the Avs?

Yes Derek Morris and someone else for Chris Gratton and Ossi Vananaan.

Dope Dealer
03-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Did anyone mention Los Angeles Kings? Jared Aulin for Anson Carter. Haha, what a steal. Anyone know Aulin's brother? I met him on New Years, seems like a nice guy. That was such a steal for Los Angeles. Washington is just trying to get rid of payroll I guess.

Los Angeles Kings are really going to rule now though. Can't wait.

lam-boy
03-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Did anyone mention Los Angeles Kings? Jared Aulin for Anson Carter. Haha, what a steal. Anyone know Aulin's brother? I met him on New Years, seems like a nice guy. That was such a steal for Los Angeles. Washington is just trying to get rid of payroll I guess.

Los Angeles Kings are really going to rule now though. Can't wait.

Actually Carter wanted to play for the kings for a while now. He has his summer home and everything there (family friends and such there too im guessing) so washington capitals traded him to kings to do him a favor.

They'd rule if it weren't for the fact that all their star players get hurt in the 3rd game. I wouldn't be surprised if carter gets hurt this week.

A_3
03-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Ottawa just picked up Greg de Vries from New York Karel Rachunek and Alexandre Giroux

Yeah being home sick on trade dealine day two years in a row
:D

lam-boy
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Ron Francis has agreed to waive his no trade clause to goto Tornoto.

Francis

for conditional draft pick.

roopi
03-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
Ron Francis has agreed to waive his no trade clause to goto Tornoto.

Francis

for conditional draft pick.

Yep. Not final yet but I sure hope this goes through. I love the leafs!

roopi
03-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Guess the leafs trade is final.

Here's another 2:

March 9, 2004
Team Acquisition
BUF JEFF JILLSON
SAN CURTIS BROWN

March 9, 2004
Team Acquisition
BOS BRAD BOYES
SAN JEFF JILLSON

A_3
03-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Stl acquires Brian Savage from Phoenix for future considerations

hyperwhite
03-09-2004, 01:11 PM
we don't need the play by play, we can turn on the TV you know

roopi
03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite

Yeah well some people can't.

A_3
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite

Yeah what about people at school or people with peasant vision

A2VR6
03-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Guess the leafs trade is final.

Here's another 2:

March 9, 2004
Team Acquisition
BUF JEFF JILLSON
SAN CURTIS BROWN

March 9, 2004
Team Acquisition
BOS BRAD BOYES
SAN JEFF JILLSON

Also apparantly Delmore was in this trade too... he went to Boston.