PDA

View Full Version : NHL Trades

Pages : [1] 2

hockeybronx
02-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Although the deadline is still far away, this is a thread where you can post rumors you've heard about possible trades. I'm just curious to know what's going to happen.
Possibilities I've heard of:

Bondra to Detroit
Gonchar to either Detroit or Toronto
Kolzig to New York Rangers
Gauthier to Montreal

88CRX
02-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Bondra will end up in Ottawa

Gonchar will end up in NY

Lang will go somewhere

Kolzig maybe NY :dunno: Philly:dunno:

Turek and Gautier will stay put.

SI-vic
02-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Turek will go to NYR.
Turek is no good in Calgary, Sutter knows this and he's gonna trade Turek.
Just like in an interview, Sutter goes, (paraphrasing here) "Turek has 3weeks to prove to us that he should be a starting goalie"

Obviously they're not gonna spend 4mill on a back up goalie when Mclennan is a terrific back-up goalie already. So cya later Turek, you've blown your chance.

aiy_yah
02-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
Turek will go to NYR.
Turek is no good in Calgary, Sutter knows this and he's gonna trade Turek.
Just like in an interview, Sutter goes, (paraphrasing here) "Turek has 3weeks to prove to us that he should be a starting goalie"

Obviously they're not gonna spend 4mill on a back up goalie when Mclennan is a terrific back-up goalie already. So cya later Turek, you've blown your chance.

As much as I'd like to see Turek go, the scenario of him going to NYR is highly unlikely. First of all, Turek has a no trade clause in his contract. Second he has publicly stated he wants to take the Flames to the playoffs :nut: . Third, he sucks so bad, why would anyone want to trade for him?

I think they should just put him on waivers and hope to hell someone picks him up. :rolleyes:

Gondi Stylez
02-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok this is what i think will happen....

Bondra - detriot/ottawa
Gonchar - NYR
Lang - :dunno:
Kolzig - Avs!! (i hope so cuz IMO i think hes one of the "better" veteran goalies that could be on the block and the avs need one bad!! plus i love the avs, and im not on any bandwagon!!)
Turek - waviers
Gautier - stayin

RiCE-DaDDy
02-03-2004, 12:01 AM
can ottawa even afford bondra?
turek HAS to go, that fool

A2VR6
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
I really dont think the Avs need a goalie at the momment. Abby is holding his own just fine. And i think Sauve is ok for the odd start or two. Yes Turek has to go but i dont think Calgary wants to drop him to waivers just yet. Right now the flames have i guess 2 options. Trade or buy out his contract. And i dont think the flames want to do #2.

88CRX
02-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

yup.... ottawa has the go ahead to get a $$$ player

hockeybronx
02-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by aiy_yah

As much as I'd like to see Turek go, the scenario of him going to NYR is highly unlikely. First of all, Turek has a no trade clause in his contract. Second he has publicly stated he wants to take the Flames to the playoffs :nut: . Third, he sucks so bad, why would anyone want to trade for him?

hockeybronx
02-03-2004, 12:49 AM

:werd:

It should be interesting to see what happens this year. Enjoy it while we can though guys, we may not see the NHL for a long time to come after this year:thumbsdow

lam-boy
02-03-2004, 12:16 PM

I think they should just put him on waivers and hope to hell someone picks him up. :rolleyes:

1) people can waive no trade clauses. if you were giving a chance to go on a winning team and leave a city where they booed you everynight what would you say to that?

2) Philly is in need of a goalie, their goalies are injured. Sean burke is on the market, coyotes are asking for too much. Clarke isn't that much of an idiot because he traded away a few prospects already to get a veteran defenceman and comrie.

3) i can see turek going to philly for a draft pick. (3-5th rounder) or he can be packed in a deal with maybe lets say Conroy or Gauthier. Turek + Conroy for Gange or Handzus + 6th rounder
or Turek + Gauthier for Therien + 4th rounder.
the way i see it is that Gauthier goes away for another defenceman, one with experience from the playoffs that can help out warrener to talk to the younger defenceman on the taem.
but with the conroy trade, we'd only be giving him up because hes an free agent at the end of the year.

another thing i see is that, if turek goes away, clarke won't lose much. both Hackette and Esche are down with injuries. Clarke can trade away his prospects/stronger players for a goalie, or gamble and give next to nothing for turek.

i mean we are PRACTICALLY trying to run turek out of here. booing him ever shot he lets in. so whatever this is just my two cents about that.

Bondra I believe would go to Ottawa if washington decides to trade him away for other salary reasons.
but right now washington has said they just needed to get rid of jagr. and that they have done. but if washington has to get rid of their players..this is how i see it

BONDRA --- Ottawa
GONCHAR --- Detriot
LANG --- stays. if not maybe to Colorado?
KOLZIG --- Vancouver has spoken intrest in him so I think thats where he will go if things turn out.

turboteg
02-03-2004, 01:18 PM

yes ottawa can afford Bondra, Melnick(sp) has said he will spend the money

sputnik
02-03-2004, 01:19 PM
turek should be unloaded on waivers... and calgary should spend the $4M on a forward from a team that isnt making the playoffs

aiy_yah
02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

1) people can waive no trade clauses. if you were giving a chance to go on a winning team and leave a city where they booed you everynight what would you say to that?

Turek + Gauthier for Therien + 4th rounder.

i mean we are PRACTICALLY trying to run turek out of here. booing him ever shot he lets in. so whatever this is just my two cents about that.

Yeah, but as per my post, Turek has insisted he will stay in Calgary and take the team to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

They'd better not trade Gauthier. :whipped:

Well, the reason, I feel, that Turek gets booed is because of his previous history, his amazingly horrible tendency to give up a weak goal or a huge rebound into the slot, his inability to make a clutch save (especially for a goalie making 4.5 Mil), and his inability to steal a game for a young team that desperately needs a goalie that can bail them out when they make a mistake (like Kiprusoff has).

SI-vic
02-03-2004, 09:20 PM

Well, the reason, I feel, that Turek gets booed is because of his previous history, his amazingly horrible tendency to give up a weak goal or a huge rebound into the slot, his inability to make a clutch save (especially for a goalie making 4.5 Mil), and his inability to steal a game for a young team that desperately needs a goalie that can bail them out when they make a mistake (like Kiprusoff has).

Thats exactly how I feel about Turek.
He's not clutch, simple as that.
He sucks, I hope he browses these forums and reads my post.
"TUREK, YOU SUCK, GET OUT OF CALGARY AND GO WHERE YOU ARE WANTED!"
hahahaha that outta do the trick for him to waive his no-trade clause. haha

max_boost
02-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Ahhh the goaltender debate of the Calgary Flames!

We don't know how good Kiprusoff is yet, remember how well Turek played his first 20 games here? It'll be interesting to see if Kippy can pick up where he left off before he got injured.

hockeybronx
02-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ahhh the goaltender debate of the Calgary Flames!

We don't know how good Kiprusoff is yet, remember how well Turek played his first 20 games here? It'll be interesting to see if Kippy can pick up where he left off before he got injured.

:werd: It's so true, it's a perfect example of how this city treats it's team: blame it all on the goalies.

Look at what Calgary has done to several world class goaltenders:
Vernon, liked him before but when he struggled the city turned on him and treated him like crap.
Kidd, he was a good goalie, he took the Flames to the playoffs last time, but we booed him out of the city.
Fuhr, the city took him for granted and he soon lost all of his confidence.

I honestly think Calgary is one of the worst cities for fan base. Other than the Rangers who else has fans that one night will cheer then the next night bitch like hell and boo the team out of the building...on a regular basis.

Calgary fans abuse their players so badly, they should be proud of having an NHL team in the city and value them because soon we won't have the Flames anymore. Look at players like Martin St. Louis, Cory Stillman, Derek Morris, and Scott Nichol. They've all played so much better since leaving Calgary.

hockeybronx
02-03-2004, 10:48 PM
However I know my opinion is majorly biased... I hate the Flames more than any other team in the league. I hate their fans, I hate Gauthier and his "I'm a tough guy but I'm wearing a visor so I won't ever lose a fight" attitude, I hate Darryl Sutter and his "I'm going to threaten my best goalie and in the process take away all his confidence."

I don't care how many Flames fans are on beyond, the fact is that they haven't made the playoffs since 96, they wont make it this year or ever again. They are a terrible team with terrible fans. I wont miss the Flames at all.

hockeybronx
02-03-2004, 10:49 PM
However since I started this thread I'd like us all to get back to just listing possible trades for the deadline and not issues regarding the Flames.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
philly is a terrible city also.

anyone remember the cechmanek thing LOL

lam-boy
02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

:werd: It's so true, it's a perfect example of how this city treats it's team: blame it all on the goalies.

Vernon, liked him before but when he struggled the city turned on him and treated him like crap.
Kidd, he was a good goalie, he took the Flames to the playoffs last time, but we booed him out of the city.

I honestly think Calgary is one of the worst cities for fan base. Other than the Rangers who else has fans that one night will cheer then the next night bitch like hell and boo the team out of the building...on a regular basis.

Calgary fans abuse their players so badly, they should be proud of having an NHL team in the city and value them because soon we won't have the Flames anymore. Look at players like Martin St. Louis, Cory Stillman, Derek Morris, and Scott Nichol. They've all played so much better since leaving Calgary.

you my friend are an idiot. IMO that is.

you think flames are the only team that trade away players that turn great?

you are truly an idiot. Morris was traded away because Leopold was going the be our next "quaterback" on the power play. and it seems as though he is filling that role quite well.

you think calgary is the only city to run out players?

Look at montreal, they ran Roy out of that city.
haha man..

RiCE-DaDDy
02-03-2004, 11:22 PM

stillman and morris played good for calgary. So we knew what they were capable of. But players like st.louis or nichol didnt grow to their potential because they were unable to. St.louis has found a match in TB. Calgary couldn't provide him the things he needed to blossom and thats cuz calgary is a cash strapped small market team.

lam-boy
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM

stillman and morris played good for calgary. So we knew what they were capable of. But players like st.louis or nichol didnt grow to their potential because they were unable to. St.louis has found a match in TB. Calgary couldn't provide him the things he needed to blossom and thats cuz calgary is a cash strapped small market team.

wow someone understands hockey

and to bronx these aren't direct insults..im just a diehard calgary flames fan.

hockeybronx
02-04-2004, 02:21 AM

you my friend are an idiot. IMO that is.
you are truly an idiot.

wow someone understands hockey

and to bronx these aren't direct insults..im just a diehard calgary flames fan.

First of all don't ever call me your friend. You don't know me, I don't know you, so I'm not your friend. So these aren't direct insults. Than who the hell were you calling an idiot? The fact is that you have no idea who I am. My name is not Bronx, if you open your eyes it is hockeybronx, because for the last 16 years of my life I have lived hockey.

Never once did I say Calgary was the only city to do those things to players, I said it happens here quite often and I even listen examples.

Leopold is strictly one dimensional player, Morris is multi-dimensional. He can fight, hit, block shots, and he can contribute offensively.

Montreal turned on Roy after letting in 7 goals and giving up on his team. Calgary turned on Turek the game he got back from being injured and let in 3 goals.

You are a die hard Flames fan, I hate the Flames with all my life. If you want to know who is my team, just look at who's first place in the East. I'll make it easy for you: Toronto. The fact is that year in and year out the Flames can't get the job done, and they wont again this year.

You can tell me how much you like them all you want, but all my proof is found where it counts...in the standings.

Watch who you call an idiot around here, if you got something to say to me then say it, don't insult me, it only makes you look worse

:thumbsdow

sexualbanana
02-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Players like Stillman and Morris got traded due to the economics. There was no way in hell they would've been able to afford either of them come contract time. Teams like Colorado, Toronto, Detroit and NYR. It's a fact of the business. When you play well, you get paid well. If teams can't afford to pay, then you might as well get something for him. Just like Rice Daddy's point.

Now name calling isn't going to get you guys anywhere, as far as I'm concerned you 2 are acting like teenage girls. So grow up.

88CRX
02-04-2004, 11:12 AM
oh boy.... we have a leafs fan on our hands here.... that explains all the hostility :thumbsdow

lam-boy

First of all don't ever call me your friend. You don't know me, I don't know you, so I'm not your friend. So these aren't direct insults. Than who the hell were you calling an idiot? The fact is that you have no idea who I am. My name is not Bronx, if you open your eyes it is hockeybronx, because for the last 16 years of my life I have lived hockey.

Never once did I say Calgary was the only city to do those things to players, I said it happens here quite often and I even listen examples.

Leopold is strictly one dimensional player, Morris is multi-dimensional. He can fight, hit, block shots, and he can contribute offensively.

Montreal turned on Roy after letting in 7 goals and giving up on his team. Calgary turned on Turek the game he got back from being injured and let in 3 goals.

You are a die hard Flames fan, I hate the Flames with all my life. If you want to know who is my team, just look at who's first place in the East. I'll make it easy for you: Toronto. The fact is that year in and year out the Flames can't get the job done, and they wont again this year.

You can tell me how much you like them all you want, but all my proof is found where it counts...in the standings.

Watch who you call an idiot around here, if you got something to say to me then say it, don't insult me, it only makes you look worse

bahahah i won't even argue with you. your a laffs fan. i rest my case. your favorite team is filled with washed up old guys who every year gets dismantled in the playoffs.

lam-boy
Originally posted by 88CRX
oh boy.... we have a leafs fan on our hands here.... that explains all the hostility :thumbsdow

hahahahaha someone else notices it too.

91_Integz
02-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I also noticed..haha

91_Integz
02-04-2004, 12:23 PM

I don't care how many Flames fans are on beyond, the fact is that they haven't made the playoffs since 96, they wont make it this year or ever again. They are a terrible team with terrible fans. I wont miss the Flames at all.

Yeah sure we havne't made the playoffs since 96, but when was the last time the Maple Leafs actually GOT anywhere in the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that the last time Toronto won the cup was 1967. I'd rather have a team that doesn't make the playoffs for 7 years that a team that hasn't won shit in 37 years

Gondi Stylez
02-04-2004, 12:37 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hahaha that paragraph made me laugh!! hahaha!!

anywayz... i persoanlly done like the flames all that much but i do think that turek sux and its not cuz hes been playin shitty the past couple weeks! its cuz he cant do the things this young team needs him to do! on the other hand kippy has done the job as well as mclennen and i think its in the flames best interest to go w/ that tandum and see what happens! but as max said when kippy comes back will see how good he really is, cuz the ture test of a good goalie is to see how well they can play after an injury!

plus ur a leafs fan and i dont car what u say about the leafs.. i hate them and they fuckin blow! they wont win the cup this year or any year after that! IMO the only canadian teams who have a ligit chance at winning the cup in the next 5 or less years is vancouver and ottawa!

so thanx and have a nice day! :thumbsup:

jdmsource
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
hey man if flames trade gautier to montreal it would be a good trade it will make the flames offense more productive but then we will be missing all of the hard hitting action that denis gautier developes

max_boost
02-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I hate the Leafs with a passion LOL:guns: They won't win the Stanley Cup for at least another decade. Their goaltender is old, key players are old, we'll see how long they can keep up with the bruising style they play. I hope there is a lock out next year, the Leafs will be even older! haha They better start rebuilding soon haha

aiy_yah
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm going to have to jump in on this bandwagon too. The Make BeLeafs suck.
All they do is whine all the time. They play dirty and anything that goes wrong is never their own fault.

As for Leopold being one-dimensional and Morris being multi-dimensional, I don't completely agree at all. Sure, Morris had the potential, but he took a long time to realize that potential. As well, let's not forget about all the give-aways he was prone to supplying night in and night out in a Flames uniform.
Leopold is, in my opinion and the opinions of many others, developing quite nicely this year. He is getting good defensively in his own end while upholding his offensive qualities. And this is in his second year. How many years did Morris have?
Of course, now that Morris is with the Avs, it's not hard to look good when you play on a team that is as stacked as the Avs.

As for the Flames, until recently, as least they were a young and exciting team to watch. They've hit a rough patch lately, however, that's what happens to young teams. Many of the Leafs should have retired years ago. They won't win the cup this year. They just don't have the depth for the playoffs. And, given how old their core players are and how they don't have many young players, they won't win the cup for many years to come.

max_boost
02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Leafs Update: Sundin highsticked McCabe in practice today resulting in a broken nose for his defenceman! haha:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
02-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Man I got so many of you all against me I don't really know who said what but I really don't care.

The bottom line is that you all say the Leafs are old and they suck...THEN HOW THE HELL ARE THEY IN FIRST PLACE IN THE EAST RIGHT NOW? And the Flames who apparently are amazing are struggling to get into the playoffs and wont make the playoffs?

Opinions will always differ, stats never lie.

Leafs 3rd in NHL. Flames tied for 13th place.
How can you even question who is better? Are you guys that stubborn and set in your ways?

Hakkola
02-04-2004, 05:02 PM
First of all, Roy didn't let montreal down, he got pissed because they were getting walked on and after 6 goals he still didn't get relieved. He told the owner when he got off the ice that he'd never play there again, and rightly so. I know I'd be pissed if my team hung me out to dry like that.

Leafs are old but they're good, who cares if Belfour is old, he's one of the best goalies in the league, Brodeur is old as well, he's kickin ass, age isn't really a problem... In fact, if you look at most of the consistant teams in the league year after year, you'll notice they have quite a few veterans or "old guys" on the team, a perfect example being Detroit.

As for the flames, They're doing decent, but they're hardly in the playoffs right now, one or two losses and they'll be in 9th place again...

SI-vic
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM

The bottom line is that you all say the Leafs are old and they suck...THEN HOW THE HELL ARE THEY IN FIRST PLACE IN THE EAST RIGHT NOW? And the Flames who apparently are amazing are struggling to get into the playoffs and wont make the playoffs?

Leafs 3rd in NHL. Flames tied for 13th place.
How can you even question who is better? Are you guys that stubborn and set in your ways?

You're the stubborn one.
What everyone is trying to say is that, year after year, the leafs do well in the standings.
But year after year they fail to win the big prize.

Hell I rather be in 8th spot of any conference and win the stanley cup then be first in the league during the season.

And earlier you mentioned that the Flames are running Turek out after letting 3goals after his injury?
No get your facts straight, we're running him out because of his inability to control rebounds, to make the simple saves, and the inability to give 150% each game.
The goaltending is a problem, you have to resolve the problem a.s.a.p.
As for Conroy, I believe he'll be re-signed by Calgary. He enjoys playing in Calgary and he'll get a good contract offer by the Flames.

A_3
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
People are saying the leafs suck and they won't go far because they are old... injuries will drag them down come play off time they won't be able to compete. I know everyone has there own opinions but it probably wasn't the brightest thing to come onto a Calgary forum and insult our only pro team... the flames are a good young team, we have a good coach, and in my opinion we can only get better!:thumbsup:

88CRX
02-04-2004, 11:27 PM
wow... so many arguments flying around. so lets get the facts straight.

1 - bronx's real name isnt bronx
2 - the leafs suck
3 - sundin is a pussy
4 - flames will make the playoffs
5 - yup, leafs still suck
6 - and there a bunch of winers :thumbsdow

accordboi_02
02-05-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't hate the Leafs... I hate Leaf fans.
:thumbsup:

Honestly, the only thing as good as the Flames recent success in hockey right now is watching the Leafs lose year in, year out, then blame on the refs, the other team's "dirty" play or injury...

One of my favs is couple of weeks ago when Sens blew out the Leafs, all you heard from Leaf fans and the media was "Well, we had 3 players injured, that's why we lost"... talk about depth there.

HOCKEYbronx, yes the Leafs are on top right now, but if they can let in 7 goals in a game to their biggest rival b/c they're missing only 3 players... well, at least I can say I've watched the Flames win minus their top goaltender, top forward, and at one point, minus 3 centers - including their 1st and 2nd liners!!!

I hope you're still around come playoff time, so you can give us all of the excuses as to why the Leafs yet again lost in the 1st or second round!!!
:D

DJ Glue_gun
02-05-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm from ottawa, and its nice to see that we're (ottawa fans) not the only fans in the NHL that hate the leafs. They are playin in Ottawa tonight and i got tickets. Anyway. We got Simpson today,a bigger def. man should help us out. But the word around here is that Bondra won't be traded here. I dunno.

P.S. All Canadian Teams will make the playoffs this year:thumbsup:

Roadrage
02-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DJ Glue_gun

P.S. All Canadian Teams will make the playoffs this year:thumbsup:

Not Edmonton...

max_boost
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
I've noticed that over the past few years Edmonton always makes a late charge, winning 10 of 12 in March or something along those lines. However, not this year!!! haha Adam Oates has been a bust and you can't lose 120pts (Marchant & Comrie) and expect to have the newcomers to fill that void. It's so hard to score in the NHL nowadays.

max_boost
02-05-2004, 04:29 PM
What about them Blues in St.Louis? What in the world happened to them? If they keep on losing, they are going to remind me of the 91/92 Flames, I had no idea how those Flames missed the playoffs that year. Same core of players, maybe the lost to Edmonton the previous spring lingered in their minds into the next season.

hockeybronx
02-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Alright whatever. The only people who can decide this Leafs-Flames argument is the people playing on the ice. I know when people start arguing by saying "You suck, no you suck, no you do" then it is a pointless waste of time. I'll be sure to make a post when playoff time comes so we can decide who was right.

Now back to the point of the thread: POSTING TRADES YOU HEAR MAY HAPPEN OR THINK WILL HAPPEN.

If you want to argue anymore please PM me, I want to make this an informative thread no an opinionated one.

max_boost
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Ottawa is trying to get tougher again. They traded for Todd Simpson and apparently are trying to get Rob Ray to come out of retirement. Oh yah, I heard rumblings about Gauthier possibly going to Ottawa too. Obviously they want to beat up the Maple Leafs!!:thumbsup:

sputnik
02-06-2004, 09:07 AM
i predict gauthier played his last game with the flames last night

accordboi_02
02-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Who are the Flames looking for in return though??

I hear all the rumours about Gauthier being traded, but I never hear who the Flames are going after in return for him.

max_boost
02-06-2004, 04:22 PM
What can the Flames afford? Nothing
What do the Flames need? A powerplay quarterback and more scoring depth

I don't think we are going to get much for Gauthier until closer to the trade deadline but even then, I don't know exactly what they are look for in return.

gongSHOW
02-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I think that the flames need some good defence. Too many times they let Turek out to dry, I realize that he let out huge rebounds and some brutal goals but how can you let someone in the slot like that wide open? I don't fully agree with hockeybronx, but I think those players like St. Louis, Giguere etc. didn't devlop in Calgary because of the coaching. There are tons of young players who played medicorely for the flames that are now doing well in other cities, belak, st. louis, giguere, savard (more of a dissagreement) etc. Also there is no point in putting Turek on waivers, why let him go for nothing, you already paid for more than half of his contract?

hockeybronx
02-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
I think that the flames need some good defence. Too many times they let Turek out to dry
:werd: I couldn't agree more with you. Turek is left out to dry, however when you said that I thought it was the coachings fault that is not true. I think when you have a team like the Flames it is wrong for the fans to boo Turek out of the building. Ask any pro player and they'll tell you they win as a team and lose as a team. When Turek struggles the forwards and defence have to boost their games to compensate.

So the Flames have a bad game, it's every single player who stepped on the ice's fault, not just Tureks.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-06-2004, 11:40 PM
i dont think they need new players.

before the slump the flames d was 2nd best in the league

88CRX
02-06-2004, 11:51 PM
go leafs go!!!

hockeybronx
02-07-2004, 02:47 AM
I hope you weren't mocking me, to tell you the truth I don't really care if you were.

Has anybody heard if Vancouver is going to make any moves?

accordboi_02
02-07-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope you weren't mocking me, to tell you the truth I don't really care if you were.

Sean Burke was told by Phx that they are going to trade him to a contender... Van, Col, and Phi are the most likely destinations; NYR wants him as well, but they suck, and Phx won't do that to Burke.

lam-boy
02-07-2004, 11:18 AM

Rumoured that Vancouver wants Kolzig for Cloutier

88CRX
02-07-2004, 11:33 AM

they interviewed burke the other day.... he straight up said, kolzig is a nice guy, but we never have and never will want him.

they think cloutier is the go to guy.

accordboi_02
02-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Just read that Phx is trading Burke to Phi... didn't hear who they're getting in return though.

88CRX
02-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
Just read that Phx is trading Burke to Phi... didn't hear who they're getting in return though.

burke for comrie.

max_boost
02-08-2004, 04:37 PM

burke for comrie. That works out well for both sides:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Burke for Comrie it is.
That's good I hope there is a ton of movement this year. Comrie's return wasn't near what everyone expected hey? I guess the Oilers are probably happy now!

What the hell am I going to do next year if there's no NHL?

max_boost
02-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Not a trade but Hasek is out for the year!!! haha Unbelievable.....

accordboi_02
02-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Not a trade but Hasek is out for the year!!! haha Unbelievable.....

That news made me so happy!!
I hate Hasek and the Wings; I'm so glad that bitch is gone!!

Too bad that Joseph is still there though, but oh well, he's still not going to win a cup!!

:D

accordboi_02
02-10-2004, 05:22 PM

That's good I hope there is a ton of movement this year.

I don't think that there will be a ton of movement this year... b/c of labour problems, I doubt there will be much of the rent-a-player that we usually see near the deadline - teams don't want to take the salary hits before the lockout.

What the hell am I going to do next year if there's no NHL?

Watch Lacrosse???
:devil:

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
I doubt there will be much of the rent-a-player that we usually see near the deadline - teams don't want to take the salary hits before the lockout.

Ah good old rent a players. Some times it works out some times it doesn't. Look at the Leafs last year. Glen Wesley, Phil Housley, Joe Neiwendyke (sp?), Doug Gilmore, soon as they hit the leafs line-up they fell like flies.

We'll see what happens this year I guess.

lam-boy
02-18-2004, 12:08 PM
BONDRA TO OTTAWA.

hockeybronx
02-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Man Washington is turning into Pittsburg.

I've also been hearing some serious rumors about Gonchar to Toronto:thumbsup:

A2VR6
02-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Wow Ottawa is going to be scary team on the PP... think about this:

PP Unit 1:
Havlat-Bonk-Hossa
Redden-Alfie

PP Unit 2
Smolinski-Spezza-White
Chara-Bondra

:eek:

lam-boy
02-19-2004, 03:52 AM
Man Washington is turning into Pittsburg.

I've also been hearing some serious rumors about Gonchar to Toronto:thumbsup:

Colaiacovo is part of the rumor.

If toronto really wants gonchar, colaiacovo is gonna have to be part of the deal.

this is gonan be an interesting trade.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
Wow Ottawa is going to be scary team on the PP... think about this:

PP Unit 1:
Havlat-Bonk-Hossa
Redden-Alfie

PP Unit 2
Smolinski-Spezza-White
Chara-Bondra

:eek:

tood white is out, so is bonk

lam-boy
02-19-2004, 05:42 PM
zhamnov is now a flyer!!

hockeybronx
02-19-2004, 08:13 PM
zhamnov is now a flyer!!

Man Philly is really loading up, there going to have a good solid roster for playoffs.

A2VR6
02-19-2004, 11:18 PM

tood white is out, so is bonk

Yea i meant when everyone's healthy which is probably never lol. But I really think white's injury was the thing that triggered the deal.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-20-2004, 12:27 AM

Man Philly is really loading up, there going to have a good solid roster for playoffs.

i still dont think they will get the cup

hyperwhite
02-21-2004, 01:45 PM
wow hockeybronx, you're a very angry man. must be all the eminem :D. Next, do you guys ever think that maybe if you stop booing turek he might play like he did for St. Louis? And, the Leafs are old and they won't get out of the first round. furthermore, they will never win another stanley cup. The flames are currently 6th and they can only get better, they're still a young team. Even though most of you are from calgary, doesn't anyone like the oilers, or have you jumped ship cause they are losing? and finally, has anyone heard anything about Ryan Smyth going to montreal?

hockeybronx
02-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
wow hockeybronx, you're a very angry man. must be all the eminem :D. Next, do you guys ever think that maybe if you stop booing turek he might play like he did for St. Louis? And, the Leafs are old and they won't get out of the first round. furthermore, they will never win another stanley cup. The flames are currently 6th and they can only get better, they're still a young team.

First of all you don't even know me so don't say that I'm angry. I agree that if the Flames fans weren't so retarded the goalies could actually gain confidence and perform, but then again this is Calgary :thumbsdow

Your comments about the Leafs going nowhere and the Flames going all the way, well arguing with you won't do anything. All I can see is say on June 10th we'll come back here and we'll see who was right :poosie:

hyperwhite
02-22-2004, 08:31 PM
i never said that the flames are going all the way, i just said that they are doing better than you are giving them credit for.

A_3
02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Even though most of you are from calgary, doesn't anyone like the oilers, or have you jumped ship cause they are losing?

If you are a Calgarian, and have always been a Calgarian... chances are you hate the oilers... and every other sports team from Edmonton. There have always been battles of Alberta and the hate just grew and grew plus in the last few years we were the team out looking in at them... feels real good to be in the opposite position.

Gondi Stylez
02-23-2004, 12:30 PM

they interviewed burke the other day.... he straight up said, kolzig is a nice guy, but we never have and never will want him.

they think cloutier is the go to guy.

:werd: and plus that would never happen! not a good trade for either clubs!!

Im still under the impression that the Avs will make a strong puch to get a goalie on or a couple weeks b4 the deadline! I personally would like to see Kolzig an Ave because he is a pretty decent veretan and could help the club and also help abishier a lil more! Roy did an awsome job with him but i dont think hes ready to be the #1 guy with a contending team! i like him but just not ready yet!

hyperwhite
02-24-2004, 01:10 PM
if belfour hurts his back again within a week from now i gaurantee kolzig will be a leaf. Kidd is an AHL caliber goalie, he can't lead a team into the playoffs, espescially a team thats thinking this is there last chance for a while. And Toronto would be stupid to go after Gonchar. He is a minus 21 and they already have enough offense.

hockeybronx
02-26-2004, 10:23 PM
And Toronto would be stupid to go after Gonchar. He is a minus 21 and they already have enough offense.

I was talking about this with a buddy of mine. Look at the Washington roster, tons of guys are in the minus category. I don't think it's a reflection of Gonchars calibre. I think he is an excellent defenseman on a shitty team.

I would love to see him on the Leafs!:thumbsup:

lam-boy
02-26-2004, 11:37 PM

I was talking about this with a buddy of mine. Look at the Washington roster, tons of guys are in the minus category. I don't think it's a reflection of Gonchars calibre. I think he is an excellent defenseman on a shitty team.

I would love to see him on the Leafs!:thumbsup:

hes an offensive player, hell he could even play wing..he doesn't have the defence that toronto needs him to have but whatever, its toronto. they can sign who ever they want. to see how far they will make it in the playoffs again.

A2VR6
02-26-2004, 11:52 PM
I think Gonchar is going to go to the Bruins since they're offering a first rounder and Samsonov so i heard.

91_Integz
02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Red wings just picked up Lang :eek:

I can't wait for this damn salary cap!

hockeybronx
02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I think this salary cap will be a good thing for sure.

It seems in the NHL the rich and getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Some teams are like All Star teams, and others are CHL All Star teams.

A2VR6
02-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Gonchar's next, I wonder how soon.

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Gonchar told the Capitals he wants to be traded to a contender. He didn't play in Friday Nights game also.

He's gonna go soon.

Look for Toronto, Colorado, and Boston to make some big moves pretty quick here.

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Report out of the Globe And Mail says that Gonchar should be dealt by the end of this weekend (March 1st ish)

I've also heard Leetch is on the serious trade block, either to the Leafs or Bruins.

Also Glen Sather's job is in serious jeopardy.

accordboi_02
03-01-2004, 02:53 PM

Also Glen Sather's job is in serious jeopardy.

Good riddance to that self-proclaimed "hockey genius" - saddest thing is that he's still trying to make excuses as to why the Rangers are so bad... anything except for his poor management.

Also, I heard that Leafs are looking at Witt from the Caps; and Avs are looking at Kolzig

hockeybronx
03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I really like Glen Sather, I like his style and the way he handles his team, but the bottom line is if the Rangers can't find a way to win in 6 some odd years then he's got to go.

They are a team that is expected to be in the Playoffs and to go deep, they have infinite amounts of money, a good fanbase, and a loaded roster.

They need to find a way to make it work.

toyboy88
03-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Gonchar is probably going to Colorado in return for draft picks and a top prospect since Washington is rebuilding.

Byron Dafoe is going to TO in exchange for a guy like Nick Antropov. Since Kidd hasn't proved himself NHL playoff team calibur.

hockeybronx
03-01-2004, 06:44 PM
I really hope the Leafs get either Gonchar or Leetch, and if they also got Dafoe that would be even more of a bonus. I just hope they don't get rid of Tucker, he's my favorite player.

As much as I love the Leafs I would have to say I don't think they have what it takes to win the cup, I guess without a lot of luck.

However a couple deals and a couple players stepping up to the plate and they could have a chance.

88CRX
03-02-2004, 10:56 PM
kovalev is now a hab :nut:

nucking futs..... who would have thought..... maybe the rangers are now gonna unload some sallary :dunno:

Gondi Stylez
03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
^^ crazy ass shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also serious talsk b/w the caps and the avs! kolzig and gonchar for moriss and draft picks!! :thumbsup: damn, give me the tradein papers!

88CRX
03-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
^^ crazy ass shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also serious talsk b/w the caps and the avs! kolzig and gonchar for moriss and draft picks!! :thumbsup: damn, give me the tradein papers!

i dont understand why they would do that :dunno: morris is a great young d-man and abisher (fuck i cant spell) is doing just fine

lam-boy
03-03-2004, 12:17 AM
boston is offering samsonov + draft picks for gonchar.

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 02:38 AM
Kovalev to Montreal?

Who did the Habs give up for him?

RiCE-DaDDy
03-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Kovalev to Montreal?

Who did the Habs give up for him?

not much

some no name and a 2nd rd pick i think

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 02:48 AM
Yeah I just saw that, obviously Rangers are trying to unload a little, maybe they've realized that unfortunately they wont make the playoffs again this year.

Anyways that Gonchar deal should happen any hour now, I'm hoping Leafs but you never know.