PDA

View Full Version : Two people that deserve tickets...

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM

SeanDon
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Video?

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Kloubek
04-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Its working. But not sure if it was even worth your time to put it online! :)

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM

GQBalla
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
i can see it

but wait did i actually just see that?

face palm to those drivers

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM

revelations
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
One day, when I want to write off a vehicle, I will drive around a traffic circle until I get a bone head like that to finish off a vehicle.

Graham_A_M
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
You should forward that video to the CPS. THey'd be quite happy to track them down and hand out tickets considering the video evidence. You're right that was very fucking stupid.... it would take a whole 5 seconds to go around the whole circle properly.
:facepalm:

Kavy
04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Its pretty much a douche bag move and very dangerous.

I see people do this way to often, the reason a traffic circle exists is to go around it to get to the access you need not to just cut through it the wrong way to make a sharp left.

01RedDX
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM

swak
04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Maybe their time is very valuable. 20 or 30 seconds can mean a difference between life and death.

Can't be late for that hair appt!

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 04:34 PM

m10-power
04-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Why bother, seriously there's better things to do with your time. City's full of retard drivers, nothing new and hardly a life or death situation.

ianmcc
04-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Until they pull this stunt in front of you.

My_name_is_Rob
04-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Ha! What a couple of 'tards. A very fitting theme song.

Graham_A_M
04-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

How do you forward that to CPS anyway?

If you took it with your phone, with the video still on there you could head down to the CPS station. That probably wouldn't be the best idea since it would be quite hard to see their license on the small phone screen.
Another option would be to write the Youtube URL down, and let them look up the vid on their own computer using it.
Perhaps call and ask for their email so you can just email either the youtube link or the actual video to them.

Just make sure they get it so they're penalized for their action, what they did is unacceptable no matter what.
Please update this thread with what happens. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by m10-power
Why bother, seriously there's better things to do with your time. City's full of retard drivers, nothing new and hardly a life or death situation.
Yeah thats it, brilliant! So next time someone you know gets into a head on collision due to the actions of one of these idiots since they were never reported and reprimanded.

bastardchild
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Discovery Ridge?

ReflexFX
04-06-2012, 07:11 PM

How many retarded drivers on the road does it take to end your life? Just one my friend.

J-hop
04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

If you took it with your phone, with the video still on there you could head down to the CPS station. That probably wouldn't be the best idea since it would be quite hard to see their license on the small phone screen.

well and the fact if you had taken the video with your phone they could hit you with a distracted driving ticket. I'm pretty sure the OP took this vid on a car cam though.

I say do it, too many of us let shit like that go and d-bag drivers get away with whatever they want.

m10-power
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Lol not in a traffic circle, if you dont see someone driving the wrong way in a traffic circle you deserve to be in a headon.

You head down to CPS and they might give you a cookie, a pat on the head and send you on your way...

psycoticclown
04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Lol not in a traffic circle, if you dont see someone driving the wrong way in a traffic circle you deserve to be in a headon.

You head down to CPS and they might give you a cookie, a pat on the head and send you on your way...

Except where the OP says that black car had to swerve the fuck out of the way. What happens when its winter and its kinda icy, swerves and loses control?

Head on collisions are pretty damn deadly, this isn't like it's a guy parked in the handispot or tailgating or speeding, they have no excuses to go the opposite way to save literally an extra 10 seconds.

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 08:12 PM

FraserB
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I have seen that twice, same spot. Both times it was, I think, the same car. Once at night and once in the day.

big A
04-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I am on the side of the people saying to report them. I am just unclear on something, do these guys regularly do this and this is the first time you caught them?

psycoticclown
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM

I have to disagree, most drivers in traffic circles are focused on cars entering and exiting, as well as pedestrian traffic... all happening on the right side of the vehicle.

In this particular traffic circle, the center is full of trees, rocks and a waterfall, which makes it completely blind to anything that is oncoming. Just like any road, you don't expect somebody to come around a blind corner the wrong way. You'd literally have just seconds to react, I can tell you this from personal experience with the guy that nearly ran into me. I'd say in this circle cars are doing somewhere in the range of 30-40km, which means your head on collision will be somewhere in the 60 to 80km range.... think about hitting another car that was standing still at those kinds of speeds and you start to realize how dangerous this action is.

I could care less about people pulling u-turns, you have line of sight and also the median is only maybe a meter thick at most... in this traffic circle the median flares out as you enter it to guide you into one direction, and it is close to 15m thick. That means in order to go the wrong way, you are doing an awkward turn around the edge and physically entering an oncoming lane with a blind corner the wrong way.

These people do this on a daily basis, I'd like to see them at a minimum get a visit from CPS to tell them to smarten the fuck up.

:werd:

Look at the how many obstructions the center has, easy to completely miss somebody coming the other way until it's almost too late.

FraserB
04-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by big A
I am on the side of the people saying to report them. I am just unclear on something, do these guys regularly do this and this is the first time you caught them?

I have seen it twice and I am not down that way too often, I'd say regularly. And it only cuts literally 15 seconds becuase they always seem to either double back the way they came or turn left.

Sugarphreak
04-06-2012, 10:56 PM

phil98z24
04-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Email the video in it's entirety to me and I'll attempt to deal with it...

nismodrifter
04-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by phil98z24
Email the video in it's entirety to me and I'll attempt to deal with it...

http://onthacorner.com/forum/Smileys/default/g-popcorn.gif

jampack
04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

http://onthacorner.com/forum/Smileys/default/g-popcorn.gif

Me too! lol http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/popcorn.gif

Sugarphreak
04-14-2012, 11:52 AM

phil98z24
04-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I keep forgetting how many people there are on Beyond... 600 views, and it is a private video with this being the only place it was posted. lol @ my video getting 1 dislike too!

^^ I appreciate the help, I am actually already turning it over to CPS with a statement early next week.

No prob. I just don't want to see you turn it into someone at a District front counter and have it end up taking forever to actually get fixed. It would likely be pushed onto a CLO and add to their laundry list of things to do, and that may take a while.

I would suggest you take it down to the Traffic Section in the NE and explain it to one of the guys there, and they will (hopefully) assign some guys to look into it.

If not, I'm more than happy to look into it if you wish to go that route.

dansmith11
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Aww I was hoping for a crazy speeding/street racing video. That just looks like a couple morons who don't know how a traffic circle works. Typical Calgary shit lol. It's still not cool, but not a very exciting video either, I r disapoint.

Isaiah
04-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe it is that I have too much time on my hands...
Definitely. Your disappointment with their driving is understandable but sending a video into the police is overkill. Rather than highlighting others' shortcomings, try improving upon your own.

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." -Michael Jackson, 1988

Sugarphreak
04-14-2012, 05:41 PM

phil98z24
04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Definitely. Your disappointment with their driving is understandable but sending a video into the police is overkill. Rather than highlighting others' shortcomings, try improving upon your own.

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." -Michael Jackson, 1988

Yet one of the resident police officers on the forum doesn't think it's a waste of time... It isn't overkill; it's addressing the problem in a lawful and rational manner. Someone is going to get hurt, and he is seeking help from those who can do something about it.

Improving his driving habits, which have no bearing on other people's driving in this case, don't address this particular issue.

revelations
04-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

Yet one of the resident police officers on the forum doesn't think it's a waste of time... It isn't overkill; it's addressing the problem in a lawful and rational manner. Someone is going to get hurt, and he is seeking help from those who can do something about it.

Improving his driving habits, which have no bearing on other people's driving in this case, don't address this particular issue. :werd:

cloud7
04-14-2012, 10:44 PM
The roundabout in Discovery Ridge is pretty big. Unlike some tighter roundabouts in the City, you can go around at the posted speed limit of 50 km/h all the way around this one quite easily... I wouldn't wanna hit someone going the wrong way and hit someone head on at 50 km/h. The problem is that this is so unexpected that the driver going the proper way around will have little time to react.

C_Dave45
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
:dunno: No different than people doing U-turns at different intersections. Wasn't a lot of traffic.
Like M10 says...happens all the time. Getting stressed over it won't solve anything.

ka-t240sx
04-15-2012, 12:03 PM
you should see how people drive the traffic circle down in mackenzie towne. people are just dumb, i believe they even have signs on how to drive it before you even enter the circle. :banghead:

Sugarphreak
04-15-2012, 04:26 PM

Mista Bob
04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
No he is right it is like doing a u-turn at any other intersection..... while you have a red light with traffic immediately approaching your direction

So in that way yeah, it is similar to "just" doing a u-turn. But I really hope that isn't how you do your u-turns, C_dave45?

Idiot Stick
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I agree with the OP. There are some things that need to be reported, and some things that don't.

I've reported a handful of events in my years of driving. Usually consists of people driving the wrong way down the highway. Multiple times I've seen cars driving the wrong way down the highway TOWARDS the city (Moncton, one highway goes right into the city, trans canada goes around it. This person was on the one going into the city).

Hell yes I called it in. I would hate to be a family going out of town for whatever reason to have this old senile asshole hit me at highway speeds head on.

I also see assholes driving around traffic circles the wrong way here too. I wish I had a car cam to be able to report them.

ExtraSlow
04-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Idiot Stick
I agree with the OP. There are some things that need to be reported, and some things that don't.
+1. Only thing I ever reported was my drunk neighbor trying to get his van out of a snowbank, but I'm glad I did. I spoke with him before he drove off, and he was 100% for sure hammered.

Someone driving 115 km/h on the QEII? I'd probably let that slide.

J-hop
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I don't know why there is so much pushback??

To me it's a win win situation

- I get to see two complete idiots possibly pay for their stupidity
- I dont have to take time out of my day to do anything about it

Maybe some people are worried it may be them caught on video doing something like this one day :rofl:

Sugarphreak
04-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Mista Bob
04-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Awesome. :clap:

heavyD
04-19-2012, 07:08 AM
I love to see incompetent drivers punished and only wish it would happen more often. I can't believe the fucktards in this thread that actually thought it was a waste of time. 15 minutes for $800 in tickets to shitty drivers is awesome use of your time. You wonder why there are so many poor drivers on the road and you realize it's partially because other people just don't give a fuck as long as it doesn't get in their way. Chances are they will get in your way one day. It's pretty shocking how poor drivers are in this city and even it's one at a time it's worth it to have them reprimanded.

My_name_is_Rob
04-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Nice work! :thumbsup:

Age isnt an excuse to be bad driver, or a lazy one at that.

ArjayAquino
04-19-2012, 07:11 AM
I was stopped at a redlight with a G35 this morning. The lights went red for the intersecting road but our lights were still red because the otherside had to do a left turn. He fucken guns it anyway, I was like wtf :facepalm:

clem24
04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I'd say in this circle cars are doing somewhere in the range of 30-40km, which means your head on collision will be somewhere in the 60 to 80km range....

Haha myth busted.. A head on collision does not double the force.

http://mythbustersresults.com/mythssion-control

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL439C1B6EB0B41958

Back on topic.. Ya Calgarians just don't understand traffic circles. Nor the proper signaling procedure.

J-hop
04-19-2012, 12:08 PM
he was correct in saying it will be a 60km crash. You are moving at 30k towards and object that is moving towards you at 30k which means the distance is closing at 60km/hr, simple physics. I don't know exactly the change in force I'd have to do a quick calculation. (I haven't bothered to read those articles yet)

Mythbusters is the last place I look for scientific data as well. Needless to say its not really a good comparison though haha you shouldn't have brick walls flying at you in traffic circles

dirtsniffer
04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
[/B][/QUOTE] from here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349901&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dirtsniffer
[B]simple application of conservation of momentum.

m=mass, v=velocity
b=before, a=after

m1*v1b + m2*v2b = m1*v1a + m2*v2a

if m1 = m2 you can factor them out.

v1b + v2b = v1a + v2a

and if they have exactly opposite velocities before the colision v1b = -v2b you get

0 = v1a + v2a , or they are both zero. it's been a while since first year physics.

that's if you are going to ignore the engery used to blow up the truck.
If you want to include the energy you need to use energy equations

.5*m1*v1b^2 + .5*m2*v2b^2 = .5*m1*v1a^2 + .5*m2*v2a^2 + energy lost

if both vehicles are roughly the same size, and they are going the same speed. it would be like both vehicles hitting a wall. there isn't some magic multiplier, well except mass.

back to school for ihop

lilmira
04-19-2012, 12:22 PM
It depends on the sizes of the two vehicles. Head-on between two cars of the same size is a hell lot different than head-on between a Yaris and a semi. It's all about the momentum, velocity is only one variable.

J-hop
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Ok maybe you are right I was thinking of total kenetic energy of the system no just impulse. I do understand the perfectly elastic collision formulas you are quoting I just made an error in judgement.

But regardless my point still stands, you don't have brick walls flying at you in traffic circles and you shouldnt have cars either :rofl:

max_boost
04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Yea man, that shit is dangerous. Reminds me of this intersection 18th ST to Glenmore East turn off. Traffic can keep right to the shopping mall or left to get to Glenmore. But as you see there is a business building there as well too and some crazy mofo's from time to time, instead of driving around the mall to get on to Glenmore will try to sneak out from here. It's a total blind spot and will get nailed by cars going at least 50kms/h.

Khyron
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yea man, that shit is dangerous. Reminds me of this intersection 18th ST to Glenmore East turn off. Traffic can keep right to the shopping mall or left to get to Glenmore. But as you see there is a business building there as well too and some crazy mofo's from time to time, instead of driving around the mall to get on to Glenmore will try to sneak out from here. It's a total blind spot and will get nailed by cars going at least 50kms/h.

Haha I did that once going back to work. It LOOKS so tempting!

I've gotten 2 idiots on my car cam (and the bike/hillbilly thing). Not worth sending to the CPS yet but when I see something bad I'm nailing them for sure.

wes_v
04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
you have way to much time on your hands to video tape this

revelations
04-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by wes_v
you have way to much time on your hands to video tape this

Its from a dash cam, I have one as well.

m10-power
04-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Everyday on my drive to work I could video thousands of dollars worth of tickets from people driving. Soon enough we'll have enough big brother that everything that we do will be monitored, doing stuff like this only advances it faster...

Traffic_Cop
07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
4 tickets issued. 4 tickets paid!

Masked Bandit
07-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Wow...never underestimate the power of Beyond.ca!

Isaiah
07-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
Registered owner tickets since you can't make out the drivers on the video?

J-hop
07-26-2012, 06:48 AM

Awesome, LOL @ those that thought it would be a waste of time. Don't be lazy, don't let shitty ass drivers that shouldn't be on the road get away with dangerous driving like this, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Khyron
07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Ha, nice work cps!

-relk-
07-26-2012, 09:31 AM
:thumbsup:

Were 2 tickets issued to each vehicle? I am curious as to what the tickets were, if you can share that with us?

sidewaysD
07-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Maybe it is that I have too much time on my hands this weekend, or the fact I am sick of these idiots putting peoples lives at risk on almost a daily basis to save literally 2 seconds of going around the entire circle, but I finally caught it on camera and nabbed the license plates at the same time.

-2jT4RPyhEg

What isn't shown is the car that was going the correct way around the traffic circle on the far side nearly hit one of these fucking retards head on.

Ahhhh the infamous Discovery Ridge round about.

sidewaysD
07-26-2012, 09:59 AM

lol, I don't drive around with my camera phone up and recording waiting for things to happen. That was taken with a hard wired on-board HD camera system that is running all the time. I never touch it at all actually, it automatically starts up and shut down with the car.

You are talking to somebody that makes the top 10 post whores on this forum and about a dozen others..... ask yourself, do I really have better things to do with my time, lol

I have to disagree, most drivers in traffic circles are focused on cars entering and exiting, as well as pedestrian traffic... all happening on the right side of the vehicle.

In this particular traffic circle, the center is full of trees, rocks and a waterfall, which makes it completely blind to anything that is oncoming. Just like any road, you don't expect somebody to come around a blind corner the wrong way. You'd literally have just seconds to react, I can tell you this from personal experience with the guy that nearly ran into me. I'd say in this circle cars are doing somewhere in the range of 30-40km, which means your head on collision will be somewhere in the 60 to 80km range.... think about hitting another car that was standing still at those kinds of speeds and you start to realize how dangerous this action is.

I could care less about people pulling u-turns, you have line of sight and also the median is only maybe a meter thick at most... in this traffic circle the median flares out as you enter it to guide you into one direction, and it is close to 15m thick. That means in order to go the wrong way, you are doing an awkward turn around the edge and physically entering an oncoming lane with a blind corner the wrong way.

These people do this on a daily basis, I'd like to see them at a minimum get a visit from CPS to tell them to smarten the fuck up.

I am acctually very happy you, like a few others in Discovery Ridge are cracking down on this. I had an occurence simillar and also now have a in-dash camera as a wintess in case i get hit. Someone died on that traffic circle few winters ago, and took out a tree. (Tree was missing for a year or so). Props to you :)

Sugarphreak
07-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Mar
07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
You can give out tickets for video? I've got hours and hours of tape to show you.

M.alex
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Mar
You can give out tickets for video? I've got hours and hours of tape to show you.

That's what I'm wondering? I honestly can't believe you can bring a video tape to the police of a traffic offense and they'll go and ticket the person days/weeks later.

Hell, I'd deny it and claim you doctored the video and that's not me. I can't see the ticket being that hard to fight? :dunno:

Traffic_Cop
07-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

That's what I'm wondering? I honestly can't believe you can bring a video tape to the police of a traffic offense and they'll go and ticket the person days/weeks later.

Hell, I'd deny it and claim you doctored the video and that's not me. I can't see the ticket being that hard to fight? :dunno:

LOL!!!! Try it. See how that works for you. Also remember there is a very serious charge of perjury.

FiveFreshFish
07-26-2012, 06:36 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sidewaysD
07-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Good luck!!

Modern recorded videos are like the Police Dash cams... They record dates, time, gps speed your car is driving, location of offence everything..
You can try to video edit it, like you can photoshop pictures, but modern programs leave electronic signatures telling users ineed the video/picture has been edited.

It be physically impossible to edit two cars going left on a traffic circle (or anything really like speeding) with perfect plates matching the cars color, make, year and model.
Unless your talented in Computer generated graphics, and have a hook up with the local DMV.

FullFledgedYYC
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
If this is the case.... time for me to get a dashcam. I am sure I could put some drivers into bankruptcy.

gretz
07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
If this is the case.... time for me to get a dashcam. I am sure I could put some drivers into bankruptcy.

I have hours of video on my computer (from my dash cam) of people doing 200+ on deerfoot, almost got T-boned by a guy that ran a red nearly clipping my bumper, lots of 170+ drivers on deerfoot (2 cars specifically pass me every day on the way home, like clockwork), 120+km/h in 80 construction zones, racing, etc...

I was unaware you could use these videos to "incriminate" someone... The cam has speed overlay, GPS, google maps and timestamp references, etc... So it should be cut/paste, which brings me to my question:

If a traffic officer pulls me over and gives me a bs ticket (aka doing 130 in a 100 zone>this is hypothetical) and I had cruise set at 100 / know I wasn't speeding with video to prove it, can I use it to support my case if taken to court?

Traffic_Cop
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
^^^^ If you have your cruise set at 100, why are you being stopped for doing 130??

FullFledgedYYC
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
^^^^ If you have your cruise set at 100, why are you being stopped for doing 130??

Because cops make mistakes... it happened to me.

Yes, you can use it. I did.

gretz
07-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Because sometimes (i know its rare and you obviously wont admit it happens), you guys make mistakes...

It was hypothetical... but as an example, I got an estimated 80 in a 60 zone merging onto deerfoot (barlow overpass) after the on-ramp > I got a 156 in a 100 zone, driving with the flow of traffic, he wouldn't show me the gun, gave me a pink ticket lol > was clearly not speeding either time as both tickets were tossed > regardless, could I use the cam / gps / speed overlay / timestamp etc... to "prove my innocence?"

sidewaysD
07-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by gretz

Because sometimes (i know its rare and you obviously wont admit it happens), you guys make mistakes...

It was hypothetical... but as an example, I got an estimated 80 in a 60 zone merging onto deerfoot (barlow overpass) after the on-ramp > I got a 156 in a 100 zone, driving with the flow of traffic, he wouldn't show me the gun, gave me a pink ticket lol > was clearly not speeding either time as both tickets were tossed > regardless, could I use the cam / gps / speed overlay / timestamp etc... to "prove my innocence?"

Yes,

Problem.. .Arguing GPS Speed accuracy.
There are discrepencys with GPS accuracy to "true" vehicle speed accuracy. Take two GPS units a garmin, and your incar dash cam, the discrepency is about a +- 10km difference to what your speedo says. Plus currently the Garmin GPS refresh rate is poor compared to the incar dash cam I find..

Not to mention.. The GPS can be against you. Your speedo might not be corrected to the size of tires or weight of your rim. You might think your going 60..But your gps will say 65 or in worse case 70. BOOM you just proved yourself guilty.

Darkane
07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Also the way radar works it can shadow a larger vehicle/object and falsify the speed.

Next time you get pulled over near a truck or traveling beside Another vehicle ask if the radar was shadowing.

gretz
07-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Also the way radar works it can shadow a larger vehicle/object and falsify the speed.

Next time you get pulled over near a truck or traveling beside Another vehicle ask if the radar was shadowing.

I asked if that could have been a possibility for my 156 ticket, as I was driving a small car among trucks... The officer had no part in answering any of my questions, just told me to go to court and it will be settled there...

Any officers want to chime in about the validity of dash cams in court?

FullFledgedYYC
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
You do not need an officer to chime in.... dash cams, GPS units, etc can be used in court.

The first time I fought a ticket I was gunned at 20 over and said the officer clearly made a mistake because on my GPS, which records max speed, my entire trip I had never reached that speed. The judge asked if I had the gps or a print-out of that with me, I said no. He said "too bad, I could have thrown this out right now".

So yes, you can use GPS, or video, or whatever you have.

Perhaps I am just an extremely rare case... but every single time I have recieved a ticket, I have been able to prove the equipment, or the operator as faulted. Don't always assume you are guilty if you have any sort of feeling that you aren't. Mistakes happen more often than you can imagine.

Also, your normal driving habits can be used as evidence. If you KNOW that camera is there, and you ALWAYS go the speed limit on that road, say so.

Traffic_Cop
07-27-2012, 02:11 PM

I asked if that could have been a possibility for my 156 ticket, as I was driving a small car among trucks... The officer had no part in answering any of my questions, just told me to go to court and it will be settled there...

At 156 you would also be hammering past other road users. Police also use "tracking evidence" as well as radar or laser.

FullFledgedYYC
07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Also, if he lost sight of your vehicle, you can definitely use that in court.

A quote from Traffic_Cop himself:

"A police officer if asked WILL have to identify the car & that he never lost sight of it"

gretz
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM

At 156 you would also be hammering past other road users. Police also use "tracking evidence" as well as radar or laser.

Wasn't hammering past other road users as pointed out with the "driving with the flow of traffic" in that post, not sure if you saw that > the ticket was also tossed, im not sure if you saw that either...

My point being, they make mistakes (i know, this can't be) ,which is why I was wondering if the cam could be a type of "insurance" in cases such as my examples and hypothetical situation...

Thanks for not answering my question though and posting another irrelevant post...

Mar
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Ticket reduced to speed on dash camera: http://www.mp3car.com/gps/97190-dashcam-video-with-gps-speed-imprint-court-date-soon.html

m10-power
08-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Ticket reduced to speed on dash camera: http://www.mp3car.com/gps/97190-dashcam-video-with-gps-speed-imprint-court-date-soon.html

We live in Canada