PDA

View Full Version : Lovely park job... IN MY SPOT!

wardpr68
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
It's one thing to park like a douche in a public lot. It's a whole different level of douche to do so in a private lot. This guy has his truck parked over the line and into MY spot. I wish I drove a beater piece of crap so I could park it directly on his door.

Oh well.... :dunno: hopeless idiot.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/551781_10150914547061258_507201257_12839045_319963955_n.jpg

JordanAndrew
04-06-2012, 08:29 PM
See if anyone would tow it for you. ;)

wardpr68
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Meh.. I will let it slide this time. Next time I will leave a note... third time I will get it towed. I am a fairly nice person.

Mar
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Just park behind him with your front end sticking over in front of your spot. Then go take a nap.

AE92_TreunoSC
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd leave a note and tow it next time.

FraserB
04-06-2012, 09:31 PM
If you can prove it is your spot, condo or appt lease docs, call the CPA now and have him towed.

CanmoreOrLess
04-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Leave a note, it could be a service vehicle as well.

89s1
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
is this in the sunnyside/kensington area?

Thaco
04-06-2012, 10:29 PM
get it towed, he doesn't need courtesy or a note, he is intentionally douching it up.

kevie88
04-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't know how people can do this and be ok with it, I feel like a shithead if I'm even slightly off center in my spot! :rofl:

CompletelyNumb
04-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Can you have a vehicle towed from a private lot? I pay for a reserved spot in a WestPark lot, and 60% of the time there is someone else parked in it. WestPark has told me that they can't tow it because the people always pay for their day pass.

I always double park them.

project240
04-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I was working downtown one day at one of our buildings. The lot was fairly empty and the only spot for maintenance vehicles was taken by another guy I was working with. I knew we would only be about an hour so I went ahead and parked in one of the spots.

We finished our work about 25 minutes later and came back to find a Ferrari parked on my bumper. I laughed about it for awhile as I waited. I knew it was my own fault as this guy probably lived in the building and this was his spot so I wasn't too upset, plus, I was still getting paid on work time.

Anyways, after about 2 hours the guy still hadn't showed up so I finally decided to call the police and figure out what I could do. They sent a cruiser down within a couple of minutes, located the owner in the building and we all had a bit of a laugh about it. Turns out that there is a pub across the street and it happened to be friday afternoon... ferrari owner said guys were always going for drinks and parking in this lot.

Anyways, long story, but it was funny and I have some cool photos to show off this guy parked literally less than an inch from my bumper. Just before he pulled away, I commended him on his fine parking, lol.

vengie
04-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by project240
I was working downtown one day at one of our buildings. The lot was fairly empty and the only spot for maintenance vehicles was taken by another guy I was working with. I knew we would only be about an hour so I went ahead and parked in one of the spots.

We finished our work about 25 minutes later and came back to find a Ferrari parked on my bumper. I laughed about it for awhile as I waited. I knew it was my own fault as this guy probably lived in the building and this was his spot so I wasn't too upset, plus, I was still getting paid on work time.

Anyways, after about 2 hours the guy still hadn't showed up so I finally decided to call the police and figure out what I could do. They sent a cruiser down within a couple of minutes, located the owner in the building and we all had a bit of a laugh about it. Turns out that there is a pub across the street and it happened to be friday afternoon... ferrari owner said guys were always going for drinks and parking in this lot.

Anyways, long story, but it was funny and I have some cool photos to show off this guy parked literally less than an inch from my bumper. Just before he pulled away, I commended him on his fine parking, lol.

Pics!

shakalaka
04-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Ballsy guy to park a Ferrari like that! I like him.

wardpr68
04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Ya... sadly I don't think I could have him towed. I am actually "borrowing" the spot off a tenant in the building. No written contract... all verbal. He just shouted down to me one day and said "hey, why not just park in my spot? I see you are always parking on the street!"

So ya... I think it would be hard to arrange. Maybe I will just flatten all his tires if he does it again. (in a non-damaging way)

This is in mount royal.

Masked Bandit
04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
When I drive a our larger vehicle (my truck instead of the wife's CR-V) I'm always much more aware of my parking. If I have to go into a smaller parking lot I make sure I'm dead center in the stall and I fold the mirrors in. This guy in the Dodge is just an asshole for not caring.

eblend
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by project240

I was in Edmonton one time visiting another office of ours and parked in an empty parking spot that i could find, figured it was a shared lot for the entire building. Few hours into the afternoon, I look outside the window and noticed a truck parked right behind me, a few inches away. I figured the guy probably had called the tow truck to go and get me, so I went outside, jumped into the car, and moved the car out of the way by driving forward, as the spot right in front of me was also empty (one on those front to front lots you see at the malls ect). Took a picture which unfortunatelly i don't have anymore, but basically made that guy look like a tool, as his car was just parked out in the middle of the parking lot after mine was moved out :D

wardpr68
04-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Well the truck is gone this morning. But if he returns.... :devil:

Shlade
04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
I don't know how people can do this and be ok with it, I feel like a shithead if I'm even slightly off center in my spot! :rofl:

No you dont feel like a shithead.... Like me, your scared of having your car posted on beyond and having to explain yourself hahaha

swak
04-07-2012, 11:14 AM
One of my first jobs post-highschool was at a warehouse.. First day I parked in back corner of lot not knowing where to park.
Some guy comes rushing in the warehouse... "Whose damn red car is out there".
Turns out I was in "his" spot - untagged and farrr. Didn't know why he cared.
Next week I got "my spot" 3 stalls from the front door. :D

CanmoreOrLess
04-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

I used to have a manager that told me the I cannot hold coworkersto my standards. I fired his ass a month later (I quit).

Isaiah
04-07-2012, 11:46 AM
First world problem to be sure.

ZorroAMG
04-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm getting tired of the "First world problems" posts. It's all relative, smart guy.

wardpr68
04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I'm getting tired of the "First world problems" posts. It's all relative, smart guy.

Thank you. I am glad someone said it.

Masked Bandit
04-07-2012, 04:02 PM

badatusrnames
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Thank you for sharing this mundane incident with us all.

All of our lives have been enriched.

01RedDX
04-07-2012, 05:53 PM

J-hop
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree the first world problems comment is getting annoying and is misused a lot. The statement is meant to put everything in perspective, not to suggest that people should sit idly by while others commit douchebaggery.

Living in the first world is not a free ticket to be a douche :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
04-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

Living in the first world is not a free ticket to be a douche :thumbsup:

You would think that, wouldn't you... yet I see evidence verifying it everyday.

Super_Geo
04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
All of our lives have been enriched.

Huh? Did we all just get a marginal discount on a garage heater or something?

/beyond-OG-reference

JRSC00LUDE
04-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Huh? Did we all just get a marginal discount on a garage heater or something?

:clap: Now THAT is some Presidents Choice Memories of Calcana Sauce!