PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change vehicle (Nissan) software interface?

Isaiah
04-06-2012, 10:46 PM
My friend rented a Ford Focus which we took snowboarding today. I was very impressed with the new Ford SYNC software interface and screens which were clearly superior to those on my Pathfinder.

After googling some info, I've found that the SYNC software is powered by Microsoft but is actually proprietary to Ford. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the Nissan software to be more interactive and increase functionality (such as play and manipulate your music on the screen)?.

RickDaTuner
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Thats like trying to run winamp on linux with a a5 apple processor.

if you are good at wiring the eaisest thing to do is take all the media components from a sync veh and then just use the lcd display of your car to interface with, but then again, the drivers for the touch screen are more than likely different as well.

Sell your nissan, and buy a new Ford Explorer. Those things are like flying a space ship

AE92_TreunoSC
04-07-2012, 12:13 AM
No upgrade possible, they next generation pathfinder and altima are coming shortly and are supposed to be equipped with said technology.

Best you could do is upgrade the head unit to aftermarket to have more functionality with your phone.

Isaiah
04-07-2012, 08:19 AM
If I upgrade to an aftermarket unit, is there a possibility I can still receive my vehicle info on the screen or does it go back to what Rick said about different platforms?

topsecret
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
If I upgrade to an aftermarket unit, is there a possibility I can still receive my vehicle info on the screen or does it go back to what Rick said about different platforms?

I have a titan with nav and all that junk, everything is all tied into the nav screen, if you take it out you lose TPMS and all the vehicle info! Pretty shitty if you ask me, you cant even lock pic the screen on it without jumping through hoops and running cables from the dvd player!