PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy G12 coolant

laser05
04-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey everyone,

I am looking for some G12 coolant for my Passat and every Volkswagen that I have called is closed.

Napa wants $22/liter. So I am assuming the dealership will be even more.

Is this just what I will have to pay? I know I can find it online but I am looking to get it in Calgary. Thanks.

J-hop
04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
edit: I just found my receipt and I paid $28.54+GST at the dealer (Northland volkswagen) for a 3.78L bottle, so with GST that works out to $7.93/L.

laser05
04-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Great! I will wait till next week to buy coolant.

Thanks

zipdoa
04-07-2012, 11:52 AM
You probably know this already, but don't mix G12 with anything other than distilled water. Mixing it with other coolants will produce a percipitate and require that you flush it immediately.

MrSector9
04-07-2012, 12:07 PM
not sure if concept1 is open or not, try them but they are usually closed on the saturday of a long weekend, that being said they do not have the closure listed on their website front page.

J-hop
04-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
You probably know this already, but don't mix G12 with anything other than distilled water. Mixing it with other coolants will produce a percipitate and require that you flush it immediately.

or deionized water, I buy my water for coolant flushes at Ctire, i think its like $5 for a 4 liter bottle of deionized water or something cheap like that. It is a good point because calgary water contains a lot of disolved minerals so you are going to greatly reduce the lifetime of your coolant (more specifically its anti-corrosion additives) so its much better to use deionized/distilled water.

As you mentioned Msector9 C1 is closed on the saturdays of long weekends as per their note in the "contact us" link.