PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Carry-On

sexualbanana
04-07-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm taking a short trip in a few weeks and I'm only thinking of travelling with a small carry on because I'm not gone for very long and I think it'd just be more efficient this way.

I'm sure there are a few of you who have done this and I'm not sure what to do about toiletries like toothpaste, face wash, etc. Am I basically hooped if I want to bring these?

ExtraSlow
04-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Two options. Bring only small (under 100ml) containers that will fit inside the prescribed 1 quart zip-lock bag, or buy them when you get there.

BigMass
04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
you can buy travel size toiletries at any supermarket. Under 100ml. Put all that stuff including deodorant or w/e in a zip lock bag so it's easy to look at IF your bag happens to get searched. Put your pills (aspirin, air sickness, antacid) in another zip lock. Just have it compartmentalized for the sake of security. If you have a netbook or some small electronics you can have a small messenger bag or something like that along with your carry-on so put the valuable stuff in there so you can keep it with you under your seat. The carry-on overhead will get scrunched a bit so keep fragile stuff out of it. Or incase they ask you to check it in for w/e reason.

sexualbanana
04-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Two options. Bring only small (under 100ml) containers that will fit inside the prescribed 1 quart zip-lock bag, or buy them when you get there.

Can the container be over 100ml but be near empty? ie. It's so low that it's without a doubt under 100ml

Euro_Trash
04-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Can the container be over 100ml but be near empty? ie. It's so low that it's without a doubt under 100ml

Nope, container itself is what they look at

interlude
04-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Go to london drugs, they have a section to purchase travel size liquids.

civicrider
04-18-2012, 09:18 AM
i believe they say you can have three 3oz bottles. I always just bring carry on and i have at least 6 bottles, two that are probably closer to 6 oz and i never have problems.

Kritafo
04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.3floz.com/

my favourite 3 oz buying website for traveling!