PDA

View Full Version : Personal Trainers around here?

nonofyobiz
04-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey just wondering if there are any personal trainers around, my wife was thinking about getting into it.
What is the earning potential life and what is the best way to go about it?

max_boost
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Warcaster is a personal trainer.

Tik-Tok
04-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Pics?

Fixed.

ZorroAMG
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
^lol

Cos
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM

nonofyobiz
04-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Ya this place she was looking at pays u a bunch of hours at the start to get clients but after that u'r on your own and only getting paid when u are with clients.

BeyondNewB
04-10-2012, 07:37 AM
I have friends that are personal trainers, you can get your AFLCA sooooooo easily and get a job at pretty much any gym.

The problem is that you have to keep fit yourself, no one will hire a trainer who is in worse shape than you are. Meaning that no one will hire a older personal trainer.

Its not a job that you can retire in.

scboss
04-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BeyondNewB
I have friends that are personal trainers, you can get your AFLCA sooooooo easily and get a job at pretty much any gym.

The problem is that you have to keep fit yourself, no one will hire a trainer who is in worse shape than you are. Meaning that no one will hire a older personal trainer.

Its not a job that you can retire in.

I think its the job you do retire in. If you go to school like I did your will be able to train a wide variety of clients.
I made 50k last year and I only work 25 hrs a week.

People that take canfit and other mini programs seem to do very poorly because they always go back to what got them fit. I have learned all aspects of fitness which gets me more clients, renewals and referrals(most important).

Ive seen trainers doing BB programs with women who want to lose weight:facepalm:

There are tons of guys that work in my company making 100k+ working ft. Plus your job is fun and fulfilling.

Edit
Btw u plan on being a fatass when your old? I will be doing iron crosses :D

natejj
04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey Warcaster, your inbox is full. Whats your email address?

scboss
04-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Shoot me a pm good to go

JAYMEZ
04-15-2012, 11:58 PM
I know my trainer makes a killing , but he trains people all over the world , and is very well known all around Canada/US... I guess it depends what she wants to do.. Does she want to train people who are going into a competition or just every day peeps?

nonofyobiz
04-16-2012, 05:39 AM
Warcaster, what program did you take? My wife loves to work out and is very healthy minded. I can tell she really wanted to go for it but I talked her out of it for now.

Probably she would just train everyday ppl as she has never done any comps or anything

scboss
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/ContinuingEducation/pft/

This is the program I took. Takes 3 semesters if you can handle a full course load. Many of the teachers are in the field to but own companies around the city. I highly recomend it, I am prepared to handle any situation especially when it comes to designing programs that actually work.

scboss
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Also general population is where the money is at ESP when you are starting out. It's the people who can only train one type of client who end up going broke. I train mma fighters all the way to people just wanting to lose weight

JAYMEZ
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
True... I guess it depends on what your back ground and credentials are and what you have won.

My trainer is Nathan Harewood and has tons of pros under his belt.. Same with my chick friends Claire Rae and Bree Lind.

~Leah~
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I do it as a part time gig. I work 9 hours/week and make $20,000/yr. If you are good at it, developing a good client base is not hard. And making good money is simple.