PDA

View Full Version : Good Restaurant for Party of ~14?

IncredibleToad
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm in the process of setting up a surprise birthday dinner for my gf going down in a couple of weeks. I invited a bunch of her friends and looks like there is going to be about 14 of us. Any recommendation for a restaurant with good eats and one that would be able to comfortably accommodate a party of that size?

Coincidentally, minutes after I sent out the message, she tried to set up a B-day dinner of her own for the same day! I had to send out a follow-up somewhere along the lines of "BS your way out of her dinner!" haha

msommers
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Depends on your budget man. Quite a few places are able to accommodate that size of party. Moreover, overall food preference would be help narrow things down too.

cancer man
04-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Villa Maria..
you can call ahead and set up your own menu if you like.
Excellent food.

CorollaXRS
04-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Seoul Korean BBQ - Macleod Trail

Neil4Speed
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Tubby Dog. You have to admit, that's actually a pretty good suggestion Toad :)

IncredibleToad
04-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Tubby Dog. You have to admit, that's actually a pretty good suggestion Toad :)

On the same token I might as well reserve all of The Big Cheese for the night :rofl:. BYODefibrillators. Tubby Dog will be for dessert.

I'm open to try different cuisines so I didn't specify. Will take a look at Villa Maria's selections. I'd just like to stray away from Pulcinella's as the last couple birthdays some of my friends had were there as well, gotta switch it up.

cancer man
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by IncredibleToad

On the same token I might as well reserve all of The Big Cheese for the night :rofl:. BYODefibrillators. Tubby Dog will be for dessert.

I'm open to try different cuisines so I didn't specify. Will take a look at Villa Maria's selections. I'd just like to stray away from Pulcinella's as the last couple birthdays some of my friends had were there as well, gotta switch it up.

Speak to Danny and arrange a menu.
You'll be very happy.

CivicTunr
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Wurst has really good food. & should be willing to accomadate. there was a group of 30 when i went last.

cancer man
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM

Speak to Danny and arrange a menu.
You'll be very happy.

xolemonteaox
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
The Met, Redwater, and Craft are capable of handling large parties.

Saltlik has a basement that you can book.

Ric's Grill and Boleros are good for big parties too.

If you are looking for something more fancy, you can try Bear's Den, Q Haute or La Vita E Bella

max_boost
04-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Play credit card roulette, record it and post it up on Beyond. Would like to see someone get owned with a $1000 bill lol

A790
04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
www.jacquelinesuzannes.ca :)

IncredibleToad
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Play credit card roulette, record it and post it up on Beyond. Would like to see someone get owned with a $1000 bill lol

LOL hey I'm just organizing it, no one said anything about me footing the whole bill! Everyone usually chips in a bit extra to cover for the birthday guy/gal.

Though I am not opposed to collecting everyone's cash and putting it on my card. Travel points FTW.

edit: I just read it again, fk that'd be hilarious if my gf got it hahah

IncredibleToad
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by A790
www.jacquelinesuzannes.ca :)

Not a bad suggestion. We tried it out for Big Taste Calgary, the steak was phenomenal but that fish, I think they may have rinsed the fillet AFTER it was cooked...oops

Neil4Speed
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Not a bad suggestion. We tried it out for Big Taste Calgary, the steak was phenomenal but that fish, I think they may have rinsed the fillet AFTER it was cooked...oops

Amateur move not ordering what I ordered :)

IncredibleToad
04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
If I ever took your advice I'd end up with 14 people at Tubby Dog. Real classy.

A790
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Can't speak to the fish, but our food is usually consistent. We'd be happy to customize a menu for you and a price point that works for you too :)

nj2Type-S
04-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by xolemonteaox
The Met, Redwater, and Craft are capable of handling large parties.

Saltlik has a basement that you can book.

Ric's Grill and Boleros are good for big parties too.

If you are looking for something more fancy, you can try Bear's Den, Q Haute or La Vita E Bella

we booked the basement at saltlik for my buddy's bday a while back. there was a tv and a pool table where you can hang out. i didn't exactly have a good time since i found a band-aid in my calamari. :cry:

xolemonteaox
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

we booked the basement at saltlik for my buddy's bday a while back. there was a tv and a pool table where you can hang out. i didn't exactly have a good time since i found a band-aid in my calamari. :cry:
O_O

Hope you guys got something out of that...
I'd lose my appetite for sure.

nj2Type-S
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
everybody at the table that i was sitting in got their food for free. sucked for me cuz, yah, i lost my appetite. i should've asked for an expensive bottle of wine, lol!

IncredibleToad
04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Sometimes, eating calamari is like chewing on bandaids.

colsankey
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Ki's private room should hold 14 as well.

rumeo
04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
chuck e cheeses?

IncredibleToad
04-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by rumeo
chuck e cheeses?

I hope you don't ever take your girlfriend to chuck-e-cheese for her birthday, unless she's just coming out of elementary .:rofl:

tirebob
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Bolero's is good for a crowd... You better be a carnivore!

IncredibleToad
04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey Bob, no dice. She's not as into steak and various carnivorous delicacies as I am, seeing how it's her special day I'll take her preference into consideration :D.

Last time I went to Bolero I had meat sweats till the next morning :nut: So good.