PDA

View Full Version : Giving my mountain bike a service, were to go?

Redlyne_mr2
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
So I have a DH Specialized bit hit 3, I had my p3 serviced at the bike shop but I wasn't to happy with the work they did to my p3. Who in town would you guys recomend for me to bring my bike to?

I'll need a brake fluid flush, an overall inspection and just some grease here and there.

Thanks

soccernut
04-10-2012, 12:38 PM
loved the service at Bow Cycle.

EM1FTW
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
+1 for bow cycle Ryan!

Moonracer
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Mechanahands bike mechanic (https://www.facebook.com/pages/MechanaHands-Bicycle-Service-Shop/180101722024084)

His name is Rik, he operates out of his garage but don't let that throw you off, he's a pro and you won't have the wait time that a busy bike shop will have right now. :)

swak
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
So many threads on this...

But I"ll say time and time again; Roy at Eurotech is the man!

Or, Bow Cycle service is just as rad.

ruffryder
04-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm in the same boat as you.

I have a specialized Demo 9 and despite how much I abuse my bike I expect it to be serviced with care.

I called around to sportcheck stores aroud the city as I had them overhaul a bike for me last year, although there service was garbage they owned up to it and did hundreds of dollars of work on my bike free of charge for all the trouble and to me it's worth giving them a second chance.

With higher end bikes I was told Jorge at the market mall sportcheck is the the best man for the job and they all swear by his work and service. Downside is its $100 for the full tune which has to be paid in advance before they book your appointment, not a big deal but I prefer to pay once im satisfied with the work.

I've decided to take it to cycle path in the SE. Same tune is $59.99 and they told me to bring it in on April 20th and will 99% have it done by the next day and also I can pay after all the work is done. I'll give them a chance and hope there service over the phone is as good as there work.

Hopefully this kind of helps but with all my calling and searching cyclepath to me seemed like the best choice.

Hallowed_point
04-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Lifesport Calgary...Garth look alike Mechanic is awesome.. I've never been dissatisfied with his service, price or turn around time :thumbsup:

*He worked on both my Cove downhill mountain bike and my brother's BMX. Both ridden hard and put away wet.

bigboom
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
learn to do it yourself? flushing brakes on bikes is actually pretty simple, pick up a bleed kit and away you go, shouldnt take much more than 15 minutes.

for grease pick up a tube of park tools grease or tub of motorex and grease and lube away.

SwivelHips
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Rick's Bikes:

http://www.ricksbikes.com/

rony_espana
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
My disc brakes are loud and squeal when I brake, would bleeding them fix this you guys think?

^Sweet Ricks picks up and delivers the bike free!

bspot
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think so. New pads/rotors might.

quick_scar
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.purecycle.ca/

Probably a little far south for most people, but I highly recommend them.

bigboom
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana
My disc brakes are loud and squeal when I brake, would bleeding them fix this you guys think?

Do you have post mount or IS mount rears?

Lex350
05-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I always go to Calgary Cycle on centre street.

swak
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana

If riding OE rotors you'll probably want to look at replacing those, make sure they're not bent or make sure theres no moisture when braking (not that thats a big deal - but brakes will squeak because of that).
And as said previously, bikes aren't that difficult to work on - pick up some decent tools and go to town!