PDA

View Full Version : kijiji Alarm installer _ B Automotive

OneUpYou
04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I recently had a Compustar Pro installed by a private kijiji seller and I must say im very happy with it. Brian the installer was very professional and very good communication.

I saved about $200 compaired to some of the big stores, and it was a flat rate install charge. No aditional charges for power trunk hook up or even the coded key bypass. I had the alarm/starter installed in my infiniti with in 24hrs of emailing him. Brand new top model compustar pro for a great price and clean install.

I asked Brian to chime in here incase anyone else was interested. If you looking for an alarm/starter send him a message.

:thumbsup:

Modelexis
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Glad it worked out for you, dealing with people on kijiji you have to be very careful who you allow access to your personal property.
I think as time goes by kijiji or some other site will find a way to have members and feedback specifically for those who provide services as a way for people to see a track record of their private services.

I hope this guy continues to do good work and produce happy customers. If I was him I would not be reporting this income to the government and I would be enjoying a tax free service with two mutually beneficial parties involved and without the fist of the government.

IMO I would rather have someone with a strong passion for the industry with a wide range of experience who has more pressure to do good work than someone who works for future shop and can avoid major responsibility by virtue of hiding behind the company he works for.

Dealing with services provided by a private entity has it's risks and rewards, sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it's not, but it sounds like it was very much worth it in your case to save $XXX in order to avoid the overhead costs of paying for liability from a major brand name company.

I think a more valuable service would be for you to pay extra to have him show you and walk you through the process so you get an understanding of how it all works and where everything is installed so that you could install it yourself next time if you wanted to.

Joe-G
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Glad it worked out for you, dealing with people on kijiji you have to be very careful who you allow access to your personal property.
I think as time goes by kijiji or some other site will find a way to have members and feedback specifically for those who provide services as a way for people to see a track record of their private services.

I hope this guy continues to do good work and produce happy customers. If I was him I would not be reporting this income to the government and I would be enjoying a tax free service with two mutually beneficial parties involved and without the fist of the government.

IMO I would rather have someone with a strong passion for the industry with a wide range of experience who has more pressure to do good work than someone who works for future shop and can avoid major responsibility by virtue of hiding behind the company he works for.

Dealing with services provided by a private entity has it's risks and rewards, sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it's not, but it sounds like it was very much worth it in your case to save $XXX in order to avoid the overhead costs of paying for liability from a major brand name company.

I think a more valuable service would be for you to pay extra to have him show you and walk you through the process so you get an understanding of how it all works and where everything is installed so that you could install it yourself next time if you wanted to.

Over analyze things much? :poosie:

Anyways, I'm glad it worked out for you! I find that people who advertise their services actually know what they're doing. Kids working at Future Shop or Best Buy are much more likely to fuck things up :banghead:

Kijho
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
How old is he? Where's he located? Did he provide the alarm/starter/parts for you or did you purchase them separately from Futureshop/ Best Buy/ Visions etc. then bring the parts to him for install?

What was your total price run down, what parts did you get and such? I'm interested in getting a full alarm / starter / key less (I need 1 actuator installed for my drivers side) manual transmissions, RHD JDM etc. etc.

Thanks.
If you could PM me a link to his kijiji post! :werd:

BensonTT
04-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Just link his kijiji ad here.. Cant seem to find it

Stunt66
04-12-2012, 10:09 AM
modalexis makes a very valid point, sure you can save some money here and there but were talking about your vehicles electrical system. You took a huge gamble for a $100 or so and lucky for you it worked out, theres no way i could ever let a complete stranger off kijiji install something like that.

P.S. anyone looking for a compustar pro remote start/alarm go see joe at autotech, his pricing is super compeitive(paid less than $660 for the pro) and installs are problem free.

OneUpYou
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
You are correct I did take a huge gamble going with a private installer. Auto tech did my last compustar and I was happy with it but the quote I got for my Infiniti was not competitive. Adding the power trunk, bypass, keyless, ect. Is what drives up the price. On older cars with simpler electronics it's much cheaper.