PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a cheap SAUNA from in Cow Town?

/////AMG
02-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Any places in Calgary that sell cheap sauna's and or maybe cheap custom sauna's? If you have a link or info please post it up.

Thanks.

JordanLotoski
02-02-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah man find out id be intrested also

Davetronz
02-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Make your own sauna, sooooo freakin easy to build and a lot less expensive that way if you dont get someone to build it for you...

EstoMax
02-02-2004, 09:34 PM
woot! sauna lovers on here?
I go to sauna about once a month at a friend of family's house who has one. It's good. 100C cleans you up

i think they sell like finnish sauna kits and such... but yeah building it yourself is the way to go to save money, just watch out for all kinds of regulations there are out on this.

max

/////AMG
02-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Make your own sauna, sooooo freakin easy to build and a lot less expensive that way if you dont get someone to build it for you...

What if you have no idea how to make it lol. Got a link of an example, so I have a basic idea of how to build one.

Hopefully home depot or the place we buy the wood from could tell us?

Hakkola
02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Just don't be a pussy and get a real Sauna with rocks, I know of lots of Finnish places that sell a lot of the heating elements. My parents have built them so if you have any specific questions tell me and I'll ask them...

PM Pookie if you want as well, he just finished building his Sauna.

I'm a hardcore Sauna junkie..

Davetronz
02-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944

What if you have no idea how to make it lol. Got a link of an example, so I have a basic idea of how to build one.

Hopefully home depot or the place we buy the wood from could tell us?
The library has many books on making your own, as well as places like Rona or Home Depot offer clinics on how to make them.

/////AMG
02-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok, thanks for the info but can anyone tell me where I can get the wood from, because obviously it isn't any random type. Thanks a lot guys!

EstoMax
02-06-2004, 11:34 PM
the one i go to has cedar walls.. smells good :D

max

cipher
02-06-2004, 11:50 PM
my dad was gonna build one in the basement, he got that heating thingy with the rocks n shit, but he gave up on it. so now i got that rock heater thing in he basement that im sure he wouldent mind selling. pm me if your interested. also, does anybody know the value for one of these things?

/////AMG
02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
how much ciper? how big is it? cause our sauna is going to be very small.

So what kinda wood would i need? whats it called? thanks.

PS> Last year my dad got a quote to build our
sauna and everything with labour and materails for $4000. I'll give you the measurements tomorrow, I think its a deal.

cipher
02-07-2004, 12:50 AM
its a little tiny thing about 3 feet high, and like half a meter wide, and like a foot deep. ill try to find out more specs from my dad tomorrow.

Davetronz
02-08-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
So what kinda wood would i need? whats it called? thanks.

Ok, I would reccomend building the frame with regular run of the mill treated 2x4's. Ensure that it is treated because the moisture of the unit will rot/destroy untreated wood.
Use galvanized screws or nails because their rust proof coating will resist the moisture as well. I would lean towards using screws because the thread will provide an extra mechanical grip if the wood starts to expand or twist.

There are many types of insulation available. I would research this a bit more for your application (ie how much use it will see, how often, how long, costs...). Ensure that the insulation repels moisture.

For the interior I would go with a treated cedar. This will give that good traditional smell.

If you have the budget I would say going with a ceramic tile flooring would be the most functional as far as getting wet. Also make sure that the unit is near an exterior wall to allow ventilation to the outdoors, as well as easy access to a drain/plumbing.

Hope that helps a bit more.

/////AMG
02-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks FastDak318, very good info!

cipher if you guys really want to sell it, PM with pictures and a price. Thanks.

nine8civicSi
02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
i have a huge mother sona heater in my basement , its fuckin heavy as hell, from my old house......for sale if ya wnat ;)

Tyler883
06-28-2004, 02:13 AM
You can build a sauna with 4 - 250W infrared light bulbs in a closet. But, be careful with the bulb fixtures...when I tried this, the bulbs melted the standard 'plastic' flood lamp fixtures.Nevertheless, with the right instalation, this will work, just be careful.