PDA

View Full Version : Windows Restore?

/////AMG
02-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I know there is an option on Window XP that if you messed something up, you can go back to a day or whatever so it has the setting that were on those couple of days ago. I hope you know what I mean. Where can I go back and apply the settings from yesterday? I totally forgot where and how I do it.

Thank you!

koopkoop2
02-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Control Panel -> System

There should be a tab with System Restore in it. However, I don't think that you will be able to restore to a point as late as yesterday. Usually it only takes images once a month or so.

/////AMG
02-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Wick dit worked, but some of the things didnt come back.

I dont have the 'Game' folder, Paint and stuff, I'm sure there are more things missing. How can I get these programs back?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thanks in advance.

koopkoop2
02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
There's no way other then to reinstall.

The whole point of system restore is to revert your system back to its state on the restore date.

The advantage is that if your computer is damaged by something you won't be forced to reinstall everything.

However,the disadvantage is that you will lose most system changes installed after that date.

koopkoop2
02-03-2004, 04:22 AM
One more thing,

If you find that your system is even worse after you have reverted to an older state;you can undo the revert by going to the same place under the system icon.

There will now be an option saying "undo last restore"

/////AMG
02-03-2004, 08:31 AM
FUCK! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks, I would have to re-install from the XP disc right? (Paint, Games and whatever else is missing)

yakish
02-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
FUCK! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks, I would have to re-install from the XP disc right? (Paint, Games and whatever else is missing)
Reinstall the whole system. Best choise :poosie:

frostyda9
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Just as a side note.....if you know ahead of time you may be doing something that may damage your data or corrupt your files in some way, you can manually set a restore point whenever you want, and revert back to it if something goes wrong.

/////AMG
02-04-2004, 10:09 AM
yea, so if I have to reinstall everyhting, would I lose everything i have?:confused: :confused:

wanna-be
02-04-2004, 10:45 AM
if ur missing the dumb windows Paint and dumb Windows Games

you can install them without having to re-install windows

go to Control Panel--Add/remove Programs--Add/Remove Windows Components

/////AMG
02-04-2004, 12:04 PM
that the first thing i tried, didnt work then, i should try again.
ok so should the boxes be checked or unchecked before i click next?

wanna-be
02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
haha..u dumbass

if u want it...its suppose to checked off

which means,

if you do not want it...then the box is suppose to be empty

/////AMG
02-04-2004, 12:31 PM
you dumbfuck it was a simple question, just wondering, retard.

koopkoop2
02-05-2004, 04:18 AM
How much stuff are you missing exactly?

If it's just a couple of progs, a full reinstall isn't necessary.

If you want to reinstall Windows. I know a way to reinstall it without losing any of your personal files. However, you will still need to reinstall your programs since the registry will be wiped.

Which one is it?