PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying Boyd Coddington Wheels

jdmsource
04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
So long story short, i have had these wheels kicking around for god knows how long, these were apparently on a EG honda civic in Japan. i finally pulled them out of my pile of wheels and cant find any info on them. as far i can tell from stamping they are Boyd Coddington 16" wheels, 2 piece aluminum.

if any one has any further insight or info on what model these are it would be greatly appreciated :)
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/jdmsource1/JDMSOURCE/IMG_2434.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/jdmsource1/JDMSOURCE/IMG_2435.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/jdmsource1/JDMSOURCE/IMG_2440.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/jdmsource1/JDMSOURCE/IMG_2443.jpg

Graham_A_M
04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmmm... I'll post these on a hot rodding forum and get some info for you.

jdmsource
04-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Hmmm... I'll post these on a hot rodding forum and get some info for you.
Thank you Sir!

Graham_A_M
04-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Wow that did not go well. Probably the most shit I've had thrown at me in such a short period in a LONG time, only to have the thread deleted 30min later. :rofl: :rofl:

Uh, anyway..... The general consensus WAS. They are absolute garbage, and you'd be lucky to get $100 for all 4.

Nobody wants rims like that anymore, unless you wanted the vehicle to be a source of one of those de-motivational posters.

They're probably 20 or so years old. In the 5 short replies I got nobody knew the model, but everybody hated them as much as most non-rodders would just the same. I once knew the "name" of that style when I was a kid, but... that was a long time ago and this is the first time I've seen them since.

Ebay is your best bet if you want the hassle, otherwise drop them off at Calgary metal or some shit. I can believe them when they say $100 is all you'll get for them.

MrSector9
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
i like them, they are ugly and i like that.

what else do you have in your pile of wheels for weird stuff like that?

throw them on kijiji for like $200 i am sure someone will buy them.

jdmsource
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Wow that did not go well. Probably the most shit I've had thrown at me in such a short period in a LONG time, only to have the thread deleted 30min later. :rofl: :rofl:

Uh, anyway..... The general consensus WAS. They are absolute garbage, and you'd be lucky to get $100 for all 4.

Nobody wants rims like that anymore, unless you wanted the vehicle to be a source of one of those de-motivational posters.

They're probably 20 or so years old. In the 5 short replies I got nobody knew the model, but everybody hated them as much as most non-rodders would just the same. I once knew the "name" of that style when I was a kid, but... that was a long time ago and this is the first time I've seen them since.

Ebay is your best bet if you want the hassle, otherwise drop them off at Calgary metal or some shit. I can believe them when they say $100 is all you'll get for them.
haha thanks for trying Graham, ill throw them up on kijiji or ebay and go from there, they sure are ugly but look like they are atleast good quality ugly :rofl:

jdmsource
04-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
i like them, they are ugly and i like that.

what else do you have in your pile of wheels for weird stuff like that?

throw them on kijiji for like $200 i am sure someone will buy them.
nothing else thats really weird, just these haha

dj_rice
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
These would look sweet on my 240sx. Would you take $400 sir.

Graham_A_M
04-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource

haha thanks for trying Graham, ill throw them up on kijiji or ebay and go from there, they sure are ugly but look like they are atleast good quality ugly :rofl:
Yeah man, Boyd C. wheels are very well made, without a doubt, but that style is just ghetto now... same with so many other wheels designs from the early 90's. :nut:

Kind of shame those really well made rims probably cost $1500 back in the day, and now you almost have to give them away.:(

I think you'll find a buyer on Kijiji for $200-250 without too much worry. Either that or post regional newspaper ads targeting the NE, that'll sell to somebody in that area for sure.
:thumbsup:

78si
04-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Either that or post regional newspaper ads targeting the NE, that'll sell to somebody in that area for sure.
:thumbsup:

:rofl:

darthVWader
04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I think they called those the Boyd Coddington Fluted Star wheels.

jdmsource
04-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
These would look sweet on my 240sx. Would you take $400 sir.
Did I read that right? Or are u asking me to pay you $400 to put these on your car?:rofl:

sputnik
04-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Billet wheels (especially Boyds) are about as cool to hot rodders as Altezza tail lights are to the import tuner guys.

dj_rice
04-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource

Did I read that right? Or are u asking me to pay you $400 to put these on your car?:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: