PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster website?

HiTempguy1
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I've never bought tickets before via Ticketmaster.ca, but whatever, simple enough right?

I tried to buy tickets for my parents for Garth Brooks, and all I kept getting was a "sorry, no exact matches were found" page and I tried EVERY search setting for the past 20 minutes.

Is this just the ticket master BS I typically hear about? Or how in the hell do I order tickets?

ffmf
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
sold out in seconds.

HiTempguy1
04-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ffmf
sold out in seconds.

Oh wow, ok then!

Cos
04-14-2012, 10:27 AM

rage2
04-14-2012, 10:38 AM
The scalpers are going to make more money than Garth for this concert haha. The prices on ebay are ridonkulous.

HiTempguy1
04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Yeah as FFMF said, already sold out.

I literally hit refresh right when the computer clock turned 10:00am, but upon further research, apparently there are some steps you should take, and it is still basically a lottery. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lolcat
04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Ya i was on before 10am too, didnt get shit.
What sort of steps are your supposed to take?

Aniki
04-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Every single person I've spoken to had no luck. Did anyone get a ticket!?!?!?!?

suen17
04-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Managed to get 6! :)

leftwing
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The scalpers are going to make more money than Garth for this concert haha. The prices on ebay are ridonkulous.

Floor seats are listed at 950 on stubhub already! Lowest price is 350 on stubhub...thats like 500% markup for the cheapest seat

Lolcat
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
lucky! Im gonna have to pay outta my ass to get 2 now. Anyone know if any more will be released later?

leftwing
04-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Aniki
Every single person I've spoken to had no luck. Did anyone get a ticket!?!?!?!?

A couple people on my facebook got seats, but there are waaay more that didn't. I didn't either. The frustrating thing is that Im sure a lot of the tickets went to people who just bought them to sell them and so many fans wont be able to go.

leftwing
04-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by suen17
Managed to get 6! :)

You selling any?

suen17
04-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by leftwing

You selling any?

No, I'm sorry, they've already been spoken for

austic
04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Didnt get any, had four people trying but no luck.. There is a rumour floating around that a second show might be announced....

BensonTT
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Grath Brooks LOL :rofl:

CompletelyNumb
04-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
The frustrating thing is that Im sure a lot of the tickets went to people who just bought them to sell them .

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :drama:

pea_soup
04-15-2012, 06:17 AM
It sold out in six minutes. That's that exact time. Not necessarily seconds. People were getting a lot of no exact matches as their servers couldn't handle the amount of traffic coming through for that one single event.

FYI you could fly to vegas and have a fun weekend and see Garth Brooks for less than these people are charging. What a concept.

pea_soup
04-15-2012, 06:19 AM
I kid you not, $2500 a ticket...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-GARTH-BROOKS-TICKETS-CALGARY-STAMPEDE-FLOOR-ROW-3-THURSDAY-7-12-/261003906207?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item3cc50b8c9f

People can't be this stupid can they? Seriously. You could buy front row, back stage and have a baller weekend in vegas.

heavyfuel
04-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Wow.... who the hell pays that kind of money for the most depressing music genre on the planet??? Mind blowing.

kaput
04-15-2012, 08:56 AM

C_Dave45
04-15-2012, 09:10 AM
I can't believe all the whining and crying over this concert. Good God people act like little kids just because someone else can afford to pay scalper prices.

Kijiji is filling up with "hater" ads, people offering services (house cleaning! wooo!) in trade. I'm waiting for the hot chicks to start offering "services" :poosie:

Zero102
04-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
I can't believe all the whining and crying over this concert. Good God people act like little kids just because someone else can afford to pay scalper prices.

Kijiji is filling up with "hater" ads, people offering services (house cleaning! wooo!) in trade. I'm waiting for the hot chicks to start offering "services" :poosie:

I saw a few ads for special "services" but I'd put money on it all those chicks are not the kind of girls you EVER want in your bed.

I was trying to score a pair for my wife's mom, no luck here either. I've never seen a concert sell out that quickly. About 45 minutes after they went up we were able to get 1 ticket way back in section 205 but passed on it because we wanted to get her a pair.

Kijiji prices are insane, but its supply and demand, and there sure is fuck is a lot of demand.

clem24
04-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by pea_soup
It sold out in six minutes.

It was 58 seconds.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/Fans+foul+Garth+Brooks+tickets+sell+seconds+flat/6461676/story.html

HiTempguy1
04-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Kijiji prices are insane, but its supply and demand, and there sure is fuck is a lot of demand.

As someone pointed out, it's all HYPE though. You could fly somewhere and watch the show at a better venue. :banghead:

kenny
04-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by clem24

It was 58 seconds.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/Fans+foul+Garth+Brooks+tickets+sell+seconds+flat/6461676/story.html

Tickets were offered to AY Club season ticket holders and because this concert is being held during the centennial stampede celebrations I'm sure almost all of them took advantage of the offer.

I imagine less than half the tickets were available on TM during the public sale and I wonder how many people tried to get 4-6 tickets together instead of trying for pairs.

R-Audi
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
The Saddledome gives AY members first crack at any event that comes.... they basically own the rights to their seats to every single event. This is nothing new... and still doesnt make up for the difference.

In the Herald someone from ticketmaster said the resale companies have new computer technology/software to make sure they get in first.. and it will be looked at.

BrknFngrs
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I doubt ticketmaster will look into it in any kind of detail; don't they have their own scalping arm?

kenny
04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
The Saddledome gives AY members first crack at any event that comes.... they basically own the rights to their seats to every single event. This is nothing new... and still doesnt make up for the difference.

Yes its nothing new, except for the fact this event was in huge demand. AY season tickets holders buying the max 6 tickets each will take away a huge chunk of the available tickets.

For other events, they usually have enough leftover to offer it to the regular season ticket holders too.

LadyLuck
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
I doubt ticketmaster will look into it in any kind of detail; don't they have their own scalping arm?

Yep, this is one of their sister sites.

Garth Brooks tickets on sale - TicketsNow (http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Garth-Brooks-Tickets-at-Scotiabank-Saddledome-in-Calgary-7-12-2012?PID=1272512)

Impreza
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Can someone explain this to me? I don't follow country music... I know Garth Brooks is huge in the country world, but what's the big deal? How is the demand so crazy? How is there a demand for $900 tickets? I know that the price of the tickets released was cheap, but is it that much cheaper than normal? How much does a Garth Brooks show normally cost? Doesnt he have an ongoing show at the Wynn??

max_boost
04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Tickets were offered to AY Club season ticket holders and because this concert is being held during the centennial stampede celebrations I'm sure almost all of them took advantage of the offer.

I imagine less than half the tickets were available on TM during the public sale and I wonder how many people tried to get 4-6 tickets together instead of trying for pairs. Genius!!!

R-Audi
04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Yes its nothing new, except for the fact this event was in huge demand. AY season tickets holders buying the max 6 tickets each will take away a huge chunk of the available tickets.

Im not sure if they are just offered rights to their seats.. or up to the 6 limit as the public was. I would have assumed their seats only... as its typically the seats you actually sit in.

Xtrema
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Can someone explain this to me? I don't follow country music... I know Garth Brooks is huge in the country world, but what's the big deal? How is the demand so crazy? How is there a demand for $900 tickets? I know that the price of the tickets released was cheap, but is it that much cheaper than normal? How much does a Garth Brooks show normally cost? Doesnt he have an ongoing show at the Wynn??

Because Calgary is such a boring place. lol.

His ticket @ Wynn starts @ $250 or something, almost double of Celine's.

PD77
04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Because Calgary is such a boring place. lol.

His ticket @ Wynn starts @ $250 or something, almost double of Celine's.

It's $250 for every seat in the theater...it really is a great show though, I'm not even a big fan of country music and I thought it was very well done.

I would rather spend $250 and sit 20 feet from the entertainer than $150 and look at a giant screen all night...it's ludicrous that people are paying that kind of money for nosebleeds.

2002civic
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
My parents just saw him in vegas and said it was mostly him playing other peoples songs who influenced him, he played 4 of his own songs for about 30 seconds each,

the Calgary concert will be waaay better, a once in a lifetime event , and thus people are willing to pay for it IMO.

R-Audi
04-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Few articles in the herald about this... A&Y Club people bought 3,000 seats... not sure how that works out on a # of tickets per guest. Thats still 12,000 seats gone in 58 seconds.. and mostly to scalpers.

Mar
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I was refreshing at 9:59 as well. As soon as it came up I put in 2 seats, filled in the Captcha and it came back as nothing found. Tried for single seats just to see if it was working and I found one but let it go to search again for 2 seats. I should have bought it and went alone. A minute later there was nothing left.

For people that don't understand, concerts aren't about the music, it's about the entertainer and how good of an entertainer they are. Garth Brooks is one of the best in my opinion, regardless of the music which is also very good. There are a few entertainers I would pay a premium to see, this is one of them.

Proyecto2000
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

This guy is trading his surgeon skills for tickets :rofl:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tickets-Will-Do-Absolutely-ANYTHING-For-Garth-Brooks-Tickets-W0QQAdIdZ372287198

baygirl
04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Man, if I didn't think spikers would kill me... :rofl:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tickets-Free-Garth-Brooks-Tickets-W0QQAdIdZ372625266
I am offering one free Garth Brooks ticket to one lucky lady who will accompany as my date on July 12, 2012 to Garth Brooks at the Calgary Saddledome.

Please call or text me at 403-200-3441 if you are interested. All applicants are considered and the most qualified candidate will be chosen. Pictures are welcome.

CompletelyNumb
04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Just bring spikers along to mug him.

pea_soup
04-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Just bring spikers along to mug him.

I will put up money the guy doesn't have tickets and is doing it just to get pictures of chicks. Hey what are the odds of that on such a reliable site.

Just an FYI Terry Fator sings the same Garth Brooks songs better than Garth sings his own songs. His show in Vegas is pretty good though albeit over priced.

I think we should all post up similar adds to stop the douche bag from date raping some poor girl.

spikerS
04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by baygirl
Man, if I didn't think spikers would kill me... :rofl:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tickets-Free-Garth-Brooks-Tickets-W0QQAdIdZ372625266
I am offering one free Garth Brooks ticket to one lucky lady who will accompany as my date on July 12, 2012 to Garth Brooks at the Calgary Saddledome.

Please call or text me at 403-200-3441 if you are interested. All applicants are considered and the most qualified candidate will be chosen. Pictures are welcome.

Maybe I could be his date. I might even shave my legs for him.

rage2
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I think we should all post up similar adds to stop the douche bag from date raping some poor girl.
Yes, because a venue with 15,000 witnesses is the best place to date rape a chick. :rofl:

clem24
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM

Yes, because a venue with 15,000 witnesses is the best place to date rape a chick. :rofl:

Not only that, but it's going to be a girl "raping" another girl. :hitit:

baygirl
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM

I will put up money the guy doesn't have tickets and is doing it just to get pictures of chicks. Hey what are the odds of that on such a reliable site.

You mean he's not just looking for company that night:(

I would hope any chick that responds to the ad would be smart enough to know exactly what she's getting in for. Please don't tell me that anyone would believe he's offering a free ticket in exchange for just a date....

max_boost
04-19-2012, 08:39 AM
There are a lot of lonely dudes out there. Maybe he's looking for good conversation and hopeful there's a connection haha

dexlargo
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Had a quick look at Kijiji and there are some good ones. Here's a few:

Wanted: 2 Girls NEED 2 Garth Brooks Tickets

Email us if you have two tickets to the show that you would be willing to trade for... anything. just let us know what you want ;) we are in!
Wanted: Garth Brooks tix for a home cooked meal

I'll cook you dinner for 3 months straight, for 2 tickets to Garth Brooks? Com'on! It's a great deal, & my cooking is the shyyyyt!
Offer expires in 48 hrs from now, so don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!!! (this offer is also in high demand)
Wanted: Garth brooks high five

I am willing to offer a once in a life time opportunity for you to get a HIGH FIVE from me in exchange for Garth Brooks tickets. And I mean, I'm kinda a big deal sooo... Act fast. This is a one time offer!And who on here posted this one?:

Wanted: DeSpErAtElY need Garth Brooks Tickets - oh please, help me

I hope you will read this with an open heart. I am a hard working single Mom of 7 children, 4 dogs, 2 cats and 3 ferrets. It's been a tough year so far; someone stole my tractor, one of my dogs ran away and my 3rd baby daddy left me. It would really mean a whole heckuva lot if you could see fit to sell me some Garth tix for $20 a piece, I would like 4-5 of them, so that I can take my besties. Garth has a special place in my heart. I delivered my 3rd child at his concert back in 2004 in the U.S. and it was a very special day. Money is tight for me so I can't pay more than $20 a ticket so please have a heart for us hard working single Moms, we deserve a break. In your honor, my one dog is about to deliver any day and I am going to name one of her pups Garth, and one after you. Oh and we also need some free stuff like furniture and video games but you must deliver okay?

Mar
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh and we also need some free stuff like furniture and video games but you must deliver okay?
Must be someone on Beyond! :rofl:

pea_soup
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM

You'd be surprised Rage. It happened on the red mile when the flames went to the finals. Crazy stuff happens when people are given drugs.

kenny
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Dozens+fans+stung+counterfeit+Garth+Brooks+tickets/6926456/story.html

Brutal for these Garth Brooks fans. Not only the monetary value but not being able to goto a highly anticipated concert cause you bought fake tickets.

At least country 105 is airing the concert...

rage2
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Dozens+fans+stung+counterfeit+Garth+Brooks+tickets/6926456/story.html

Brutal for these Garth Brooks fans. Not only the monetary value but not being able to goto a highly anticipated concert cause you bought fake tickets.

At least country 105 is airing the concert...
Happened to me when I bought tickets off a broker for AC/DC in Edmonton. Ended up buying 2 real tickets from a scalper for $500 to get in haha. Broker refunded the tickets immediately so win-win.

Buying from kijiji is so sketch.