View Full Version : Review: toscana Italian grill

AndyL
04-14-2012, 11:16 PM
- Restaurant name Toscana Italian grill http://www.toscanagrill.ca/
- Location 8330 Macleod yr (Spagucci's)
- Food rating 4.5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 5/5

Ok don't usually do this... We were at Chinook, wanting food... debating bon giorno's -but didn't want 17th/downtown.

Google provided us this option, gave it a whirl.

Owner met us at the door - 5ish on a Saturday, very clean (bathrooms spotless) - nice decor, not gaudy by any means - just clean/modern/basic. Sat us immediately, tables were actually far enough apart - there was no chance of running into other diners... or having the feeling you need to speak up to be heard over the next table.

Waitress wasn't dressed like a slut, good start... brought water right away... 3 course meal ordered, bruschetta arrived before drinks (!) Now that however was a bit dissapointing, it was good, but just one piece of bread piled high each...hands down one of the best brushetta's we've had, but it was like 2 bites and gone....

Wife had the - linguine pescatore - I had the special osso busco. Awesome! We both loved it! Wifes the seafood lover, not frozen tasting, better than red lobster. Best veal ive had since the hutterites treated me last :) side veggies were broccoli, red peppers and asparagus. Cooked properly, not mush!

Neighbouring table had pizza, looked good, watching them fight mozzarella strings to eat - tells me I should try that soon :)

Noted, a plate didn't sit empty on our table longer than 30 seconds, the other waiters/waitresses would snap them up, if our waitress wasn't near - even the bartenders gave it a whirl (and it wasn't dead). Omg service!

Had to try the Tiramisu not quite as good as amandine bakery, but way better than we usually get eating out.

We will be back to this one! Bonus points for comping the wifes virgin slushy drink (preggers), thats a first. Price - no complaints, especially for the quality of food and service.

Now heres the shocker, we were in and out in 45min...

npham
04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Waitress wasn't dressed like a slut, good start...

Stopped reading here...jk, sounds like a solid place to try out.

AndyL
04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
:rofl: depends if your married and have to worry about heel imprints in sensitive places

Graham_A_M
04-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Crazy, thanks for the review! :). Man, being in and out in 45min, thats nuts. I dont think I've ever been to a place that fast before, short of fast food.

Sounds like a really good place to go.

FixedGear
04-21-2012, 08:43 AM
We went a few times and thought the pastas were really, really bland. We would not order pasta again. The pizza is really good though!

dangleberries
04-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
:rofl: depends if your married and have to worry about heel imprints in sensitive places sounds like youre married to a real bag if an attractive server elicits problems for u. damn b.

roopi
04-21-2012, 11:33 PM
I've been here a couple times and everything was excellent. I'd just like to add that all the pastas and pizza's are available gluten free as well which is a big plus for a lot of people.

Kardon
04-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I've been there twice, once was like you said super quick in and out with satisfaction, but second time we went we got turned down without reservations.

aaronck
04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I was here once, it was pretty darned bland and kind of pricey.