PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Ipod from Condo parkade Round #2

littledan
04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
So... about 6 months ago my ipod was stolen out of my vehicle at my downtown Edmonton condo parkade. It's a "secure" parkade that features double entry gate. I had accidentally left my window partially down, and someone reached in and snagged my original ipod touch. Pretty choked but in reality was my fault for leaving it in the vehicle and accidentally leaving the window down. Very likely that it was one of my neighbours that decided to help themselves as they were walking by as noone outside should have access to that area, i park immediately beside the elevator lobby, and there were no other break ins or thefts at that time. Replaced that ipod with a crappy ipod nano touchscreen.

Well yesterday morning, heading out to my men's league semifinal game, low and behold come out to find my window smashed and my ipod again missing. I had it in the cupholder and would not be visible from outside the car. Looks like they tried to pry the window jam on the b-pillar side and the glass let go. Luckily I have a 2-way paging alarm that went off and scared off the thief. Checking with the condo management to see if they got this cocksucker on the cameras in the elevator lobbyies or common areas. Unfortunately, there is no camera with line of sight to my vehicle.

I would like to set up some type of motion sensor camera that can have a good view of my vehicle so I can catch this fucker in the act. Hopefully not too expensive in case these crackheads steal that too! :banghead: :rofl:

I don't have an ac outlet handy, so a battery powered one would be ideal. I don't mind replacing batteries every couple days etc, just want to catch this fucker. Something inside the car would work too so I can see who is peakin in there looking for treasures. Let me know your suggestions beyond!

Jetta-2.0
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
shitty deal, maybe u can get one of those dash cams? some of them have motion sensors

Masked Bandit
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Terrible luck man. FWIW, underground parkades are probably the least secure setting for vehicle B & E. I have more clients reporting that their vehicles have been broken into at underground parkades (work or residence) than any other setting.

Stealth22
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
There's dashcams like the BlackVue, but they point forwards. So unless you got more than one (one for each side of the vehicle), I don't see the upside for vehicle security.

HomespunLobster
04-16-2012, 07:12 PM
We had a "secure" lock up in our condo basement. Deadbolted and such. Buggers broke in and stole all my tools. We had it all covered and everything, and we werent the only victims. They just cleaned up in the whole parkade.