PDA

View Full Version : G-Dubya Jr is brutal!!!!

GingeRRRBeef
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok, for the most part, politics bore me and I don't really like to talk about it. However, after reading this article (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=MCBFHPTPU5WY4CRBAEZSFEY?type=topNews&storyID=4266942) I can't but help to bitch and complain a little. The main idea of the article is about how US's huge deficit is putting a damper on Bush's "terrorist bashing" party. He has asked Congress to cut as much as 65 government programs and reduce 63 more. The programs include public housing, veteran's medicare, law enforcement etc.

He wants to increase spending in both homeland security and the military.

My main concern is, how can a leader be so blind to not see that ppl in America needs more attention than fighting so-called 'terrorists'?

Seriously, the billions of dollars spent on 'war' can otherwise be used for public housing, healthcare, education and other beneficial social programs that'll improve living conditions for everyone.

I realize that some extreme Bush advocates/'anti-terrorists' can argue ridding 'terrorists' will make America a safe and, therefore, a better place. Great country to protect when the only thing the kids know is "2 + 2 = jello" Does Bush realize that its the people that make the country and not the country that make the people?

Who the hell are the US fighting anyways? Oh right, the suicide bombers ... can't forget those. Afghanistan and Iraq? Two punity country that don't even need the US military occupation anymore. Oh crap ... I forgot again ... who's gonna look after all the oil???

Hmmm .... and what the hell ever happen to freedom and democracy (http://news.com.com/2010-1028-5150325.html?tag=nefd_acpro). Land of the free ... right.

Now, that I spoke against the US government. I'm probably a terror suspect. If I disappear and never seen or heard from again. You'll know who took me.

fast95pony
02-03-2004, 07:50 AM
I think more and more people are seeing Dubya in the same light.
Many of his reasons for going into Iraq are 'suspect' at the least. There are just too many unanswered questions. His family's dealings with the Bin Ladens , why were aircraft loaded with many arabs allowed to leave the USA right after 9/11 when all other flights were grounded. The missing WMDs ,Cheney and Haliburton's contracts, oil contracts , The faked Private Jessica Lynch rescue . So many lies.....

sexualbanana
02-03-2004, 09:02 AM
The worst part of this 'War on Terrorism' is that it is an invisible enemy. It is not like WWII or Vietnam where the enemies were simply the German, Japanese and Vietnamese government. In this instance, it's a very loosely organized group with a deadly cause. Because there is no visible enemy, Bush feels that he needs to beef up Homeland Security and similar depts. Unfortunately for him, he's an idiot and is willing to flush the future of many Americans down the toilet.

But it isn't his continued debt running that makes me unhappy about the whole situation. It's the fact that despite testimony that Iraq in actuality doesn't have any WMD and admission that Saddam really had no part in the 9/11 (which was his entire rationale for the invasion), he and British PM still get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize!!!!!! I guess peace means accusing a country that had nothing to do with a tragedy, then declaring war on Iraq WHILE defying the UN.

hjr
02-03-2004, 10:14 AM
meh, he is trying to boost the EU economy by kamakazi'n his own. thats my theory. So far i cant find any fault in my judgement

Kona9
02-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Aside from slowly trying to take over the world, and starting so by attemting to take over oil in the east, I just sit here and thank god I am Canadian!!!! Atleast our throne speach yesterday addressed the direction of more money to post secondary education, so we can further educate Canadians on how not be a retard like DUBYA. (not that it takes an education to do so.) Keep in mind that we are bigger and we are on top. ( and more people world wide like us)

sputnik
02-03-2004, 11:44 AM
:zzz:

im so tired of hearing about bush... and how (supposedly) everyone hates him... lets face it... half of the US likes him... the other half hates him.

remember that you live in alberta where more people like bush than hate him

if you dont like oil and the benefits that it has brought our province... go move to the east coast

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

im so tired of hearing about bush... and how (supposedly) everyone hates him... lets face it... half of the US likes him... the other half hates him.

if you dont like oil and the benefits that it has brought our province... go move to the east coast

Hey guess what??? My dad works in the oil industry soooooo yeah. Just because Bush's 'cause' may help the oil and gas industry doesn't mean what he is doing is right.

I think it's kinda ignorant to say "Since it's helping us, who cares if he fucks the rest world" ... which if I'm not mistaken, that's basically your message.

Kona9
02-03-2004, 12:20 PM
*sits down with a two six of Stoli and some Cran, wearing his Silver_SpecV team jersey and starts chanting Silver Silver Silver!!* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
*sits down with a two six of Stoli and some Cran, wearing his Silver_SpecV team jersey and starts chanting Silver Silver Silver!!* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:D Stop post whoring my thread!!! :rofl:

Kona9
02-03-2004, 01:45 PM
:english: delete the sign :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Speak English? Me no undastan :confused: :rofl:

Back on topic sorta ...

The US government had to 'intensify' Jessica Lynch's story (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,956255,00.html) because they were losing the media battle and losing support for their war effort. They needed something that'll give the American ppl something to cheer and be proud about. It just so happens that Jessica Lynch got into her predicament and it gave the US a reason or scapegoat for their patriotic drama.

Basically, an event especially tailored to the Hollywood type drama. Helpless girl captured by the world's evil and it's up to the always heroic and the virtuous American GIs to have her and consequently save the rest of the world.

fast95pony
02-03-2004, 03:14 PM
George W Bush goes to a primary school to talk about the war. After his talk he invites questions. One little boy puts up his hand, and the President asks him his name.
"Billy!"
"And what is your question, Billy?"
"I have three questions," says the boy. "First - why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN?; Second - why are you President when Al Gore got more votes?; and Third - whatever happened to Osama bin Laden?"
Just then the bell rings for recess. George W Bush informs the children that they will continue after recess. When they resume, the President says: "Okay where were we? Oh that's right, question time. Who has a question?"
A different little boy puts his hand, George points him out and asks his name.
"Steve!"
"And what is your question, Steve?"
"I have five questions: First - why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN?; Second - why are you President when Al Gore got more votes?; Third - whatever happened to Osama bin Laden?; Fourth - why did the recess bell go 20 minutes early?; and Fifth - what happened to
Billy?"

Kona9
02-03-2004, 03:16 PM
^^^^^:rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
That joke is funny because it's true ... similarly the reason for my last line in my first post.

If Americans are smart, they would not re-elect Bush for a second term.

Oh wait ... there's something wrong with that statement ... was it "Americans are smart" or "re-elect Bush"? Damn it, I forget .. :rolf:

hjr
02-03-2004, 07:01 PM
i saw a poll on CNN showing that Kerry was ahead 53% Kerry - 46 Bush (i know 1% is missing, its called margin of error fawk wad)

So who knows, maybe the democrats will see a term???

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Regardless of what the poll is right now, Bush is trying to do something to stay in power. He needs war for a second term.

Wonder if it'll be something Hollywood, where rich ppl are paying Bush to take over the middle east and therefore the rich ppl getting richer benefitting from the cheaper oil etc.

Then the rich ppl will conspire to make another attack on America, just before or during re-election period. This will give Bush cause and therefore, being re-elected.

rice_eater
02-04-2004, 12:57 PM
quote: ""We went through a recession, we were attacked and we're fighting a war. These are high hurdles for a budget and for a country to overcome and yet we've overcome them," Bush said of his budget, which would cut funding for about half of the 15 Cabinet-level agencies. "

what a bunch of bullshit :guns: :guns: :guns:

sexualbanana
02-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Actually Canadian polls have shown that if Canadians could vote in the American election (odd question), 85% wouldn't.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 02:12 PM
The democrat's political platform for the up-coming election is basically Anti-Bush.

I caught a bit of Kerry's speech last night on CNN and he said "If Bush wants to make national security the election topic, then bring it on"

Go Democrats!!! They should bring Clinton back. :bigpimp:

Weapon_R
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
national security the election topic, then bring it on"

Go Democrats!!! They should bring Clinton back. :bigpimp:

Clinton was definately a pretty good president, aside from his attacks on the Sudanese "weapons factory" that destroyed a medicine producing facility. The problem that most people don't see is that the democrats have also supported this war, by and large, and have given the President the go ahead. They don't agree with the terms, but the support for war still exists..

hjr
02-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
The democrat's political platform for the up-coming election is basically Anti-Bush.

I caught a bit of Kerry's speech last night on CNN and he said "If Bush wants to make national security the election topic, then bring it on"

Go Democrats!!! They should bring Clinton back. :bigpimp: wouldnt that be nice, except he already served his 2 terms did he not?

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Clinton was definately a pretty good president, aside from his attacks on the Sudanese "weapons factory" that destroyed a medicine producing facility. The problem that most people don't see is that the democrats have also supported this war, by and large, and have given the President the go ahead. They don't agree with the terms, but the support for war still exists.. :werd: the president cant do anything without congress approval.

guess who is near 50-50 split democrat and republican, and in an overwhelming majority gave him approval and money and basically a free hand o do anything? that s right, congress.

ps. interesting sig. quite relevant to this topic.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I thought they can only serve 2 straight terms. However, after the 2 straight term they can't run for president. But after another term they can.

I dunno, don't quote me on this

Weapon_R
02-05-2004, 12:57 AM
It's true - a president can serve 2 consecutive terms, move aside for one, and run again. It's allowable.

max_boost
02-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Reason for going to war: Iraq will soon become an imminent threat with their stock piles of WMD:rofl:

Now that war is over: Not only did the Americans fail to find WMD, their only conclusion was that, Saddam had the capacity to produce them. The war is justified because Saddam has known links to Terrorist groups and the world is a safer place. But I thought the U.S had made it known that there was no proof of affiliation with Al Qaeda??

LOL Very interesting stuff

Bush also issued an investigation into Intelligence support systems and it is expected to be concluded early next year. How convenient since election is before then? The war on terror, budget deficit, unemployment, what a way to prolong your stay as President by fucking up your country so they have no choice but to re-elect you to clean up the mess. :rofl: