PDA

View Full Version : cat delete.

genesis0403
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi I have a e92 328 right now and was thinking of deleting my secondary cat... was wondering how much would this cost if i go to a muffler shop and get it done? Also which shop would be good in terms of quality and pricE? I'm fairly new to Calgary so don't know much about shops here.... Thanks!

G-ZUS
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Minute Muffler 32 Ave, Lots of happy customers on here

sillysod
04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I use Calgary Muffler / Carline by chinook and they do great work.

No point removing your cat unless yours is plugged. You aren't going to gain any noticible power and you will likely throw a cel.

Revhard
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
I use Calgary Muffler / Carline by chinook and they do great work.

No point removing your cat unless yours is plugged. You aren't going to gain any noticible power and you will likely throw a cel.

Have to agree. If its a sound change you are after, go with an axle-back.

genesis0403
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I was going to do mostly for the sound. I have aftermarket mufflers but the sound i find is too quiet..... I was thinking deleting the secondary cat or the resonator but was curious of the prices

Revhard
04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by genesis0403
I was going to do mostly for the sound. I have aftermarket mufflers but the sound i find is too quiet..... I was thinking deleting the secondary cat or the resonator but was curious of the prices

Ah, ok.
Well, if you want more sound, the cat delete is the best option as long as your secondary cats have no sensors. The factory resonator will help keep the drone under control.

forced_eg
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
If its straight through, fairly easy to do like most secondary's are, then I'd charge 60 bucks per cat