PDA

View Full Version : Buying wheels from the US?

Laoz
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
We've all heard horror stories about how people pay for a particular item, and to have it never come. Here's what I'm asking, I'll be buying a set of re30's from a guy on a different forum and we'll be going through paypal. If the item doesnt come then I can create a dispute through papal right?. Anyone have experience in this?

03ozwhip
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
yes as long as you have properly documented the purchase on the forum ie: saving all the conversations with prices and all that, but generally id be more worried about the cost of shipping and duties and shit than not getting the wheels IMO.

Sentry
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
If you are buying, use paypal.

They will bend the seller over and aim for penetration if any part of the transaction goes bad.

Never sell with paypal.

Lubu
04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

They will bend the seller over and aim for penetration if any part of the transaction goes bad.

Never sell with paypal.

:rofl: :rofl: I love the analogy but it's true. Never sell via Paypal unless you know you have crossed your T's and dotted you I's :)

Laoz
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Sexcellent, thank you very much. BTW incase you were all wondering, I used thefinalcost.com buying an item at $2000, with shipping, duty and brokerage, it comes out to $2458. Think thats reasonable/accurate?

Sentry
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I've never been burned while selling thank god.

They even helped a few times when I was buying something and would have been fucked.

Now I only sell online to members of forums, where there's some accountability. Hardly every throw anything on ebay anymore.

phubu
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
^
so what do you guys recommend doing the transactions through?

btimbit
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by phubu
^
so what do you guys recommend doing the transactions through?

Buying - Paypal

Selling - EMT or wire transfer

g-m
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
If you can, set up a credit card through PayPal, that's what I use. 2 layers of protection. Its pretty bulletproof but I don't know if PayPal lets you do that anymore.