PDA

View Full Version : 8thGen Civic Callout

Darkane
04-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Just Wondering who in Calgary might have the dirtiest NA build.

I decided against doing a build thread for my car as it's to mild for one.

My build so far:

'08 FG2

Outside: Full HFP kit

Under/Stance: HFP suspension, Mugen GP's w/ Cheap Chinese UHP

Engine: RRC Manifold, J35 TB, Rick Spec'd 3.5" CAI, Skunk2 Alpha header, Full Race 3" exhaust.

Misc/Electrical: RDX Denso 410cc injectors, Flashpro, Etuned by Jeff Evans, Hasport street mount kit.

Gonna make an appt. with Davenport and throw it on their dyno next week maybe.

Projected WHP: 220-225.

Bone stock: 180whp

Best RC time bone stock w/ spare removed: 15.4 @90 mph.

Good trap speed for a stock civic 3700 ft above altitude.

:thumbsup:

gpomp
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
did u like the tune that jeff did?

Darkane
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
did u like the tune that jeff did?

Right now It's tuned for everything without the CAI. He's gonna start the CAI cal's tonight or Tomorrow.

But his tunes are good.. They are mild in terms of timing though.

VitViper is much more aggressive - Anyway not a big deal. Fuel is perfect just about.

There are some kinks to work out, so I can really get it 'fine tuned' this round (Cold starts, and 'cold' driving *). Last round we did 11 re-cals.

But with that said, My knock sensor AT BEST is at 30-40%, even on cyclinder 2 which is prone to ghost knocks.

I will get him to go .5 deg increments until we find the point where I'm about 80-100% Knock on Cyl 2 in 5-6 gear. That way All other cyl's will be knock free and cyl 2 will be 99% knock free. The ghost knocks don't bother me anyway.

The car as it sat without CAI and the re-tune was basically head to head with my Brother's G35 REV model. He also had the HKS drop in and Z-tube intake. I would pull away slightly if we did a full run through the gears. 4.78 Final FTW.

I'm pleased with the car :thumbsup:

*Cold driving - Driving after 2-3 minutes of warm up. FULLY warmed the car ran perfect.

Darkane
04-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Just did a quick Datalog of mysetup pre Re-tune.

410cc Injectors are at 72% Duty cycle on the top end @93kpa MAP. Where I am here in McMurray we're 800ft above sea level

My IAT (intake air temps) were 75-65F during this run and I was 12.6 A/F on the top end of the curve 6-8.5k RPM's.

During my last run one Nov1st without the intake I was 68% Duty Cycle, 59-50 IAT and 13 A/F.

Not sure on the Air Density right now and then, but I did squeak out 3 more KPA of MAP.

So it's looking real promising right now!

Car feels really strong in the midrange, and Vtec set at 4k! Can't wait to have Jeff tinker with right away.

EDIT: People seem to be in the 68-70% Duty range at Sea level with comparable mods.

Darkane
04-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Went out late last night and did some proper datalogging for Jeff Evans.

I realized I fucked up - Or I think I did.

I've read people putting in CAI and worrying about water. Not a huge deal. I've also read these same people tend to push the filter further on the intake pipe to gain some ground clearance on the filter. Ok cool.

I also did this, not so much of fear of hydrolocking, but Wanting to keep it a little bit out of the super dusty conditions of Spring in McMurray. Anyway..

It dawned on me I'm probably choking my motor. If the filter is to far on the pipe, the opening of the Tube is probably to close to the bottom of the filter and gasping for air.

I have a velocity stack style Filter, so It also dawned on me the stack is worthless if the pipe is to far into the filter.

I came to these conclusions after doing the Datalogging with my IAT exactly the same temp as my last runs last fall.

A/F was still 12.5:1 vs 13:1 last year. I will rip the bumper cover off today and adjust the filter. Should take 30-45min.

rpalm35
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Subscribed to this thread!

I have an FA5, and planning to do a bit of work to it in the next little bit. I may need some guidance, haha.

eiysa101
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm just looking for a hfp coupe kit and a set of foglights....

Darkane
04-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by eiysa101
I'm just looking for a hfp coupe kit and a set of foglights....

Neat, make your own thread.

Today I took of the bumper cover again, aligned the filter properly so it's not to far on the pipe and the velocity stack is better utilized.

Rotated the tires. put my Old rims and stock rubber on for a few months. Gonna burn em off!